The Blue Unicorn Coffee House

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by Klink, May 6, 2009.

1. next door neighbor

next door neighbor Member

So as I often think of the sixties, I was in a very good place to see so very much of the H/A. Living at 1937 Hayes my studio was two doors west of
    the Blue Unicorn Coffee house. Nearly every day started at the Unicorn and then a stroll up to Haight street to join the crowd.
    When the Straight theater began I was fortunate enough to design their second full size poster and then a half dozen afterwards.
    In 69 I became manager of the Charlatans and that was a pretty wild year. My many years in the Haight, 1960-62 and then 1964-70,
    are filled with many strange and wonderful memories.
    I live in Montana now and Atelier Boheme {formerly Studio Boheme] is still functioning as of old..
    If you knew me then you can contact me at cineboheme@gmail.com
    Terre'

2. laughinlion1

laughinlion1 Member

talked to naomi mendel christmas eve -she told me betty died last year/no info on pat -so it goes but it is good to know it is still a family bussiness /talked to maritza last month and she is teaching movement to other patients [that is how we are]...kevin

3. Mturk

Mturk Members

4. Mturk

Mturk Members

Wow never knew Bob died. We were friends. Last saw him on his ranch in Paia, Maui back in 87. Have some great stories, you too?

5. Violet141

Violet141 Members

I have known a few pipers i have messed with them myself[VERY popular roommate] but i am in contact with eric kilo's brother banjo player from tom's ragged but right, people from the folk music club / but mostly.