The Birdist Manifesto

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

We shall see.

If nothing, at least we had a few free years between Yugoslavia and EU.
    Fun times.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

It's not that black and white I am affraid. While I agree that social behaviour can be influenced and is very influential in itself, I do not think that irrational and unnatural stuff happens just because we all believe it.
    If we all believe we can fly, we still can't fly simply because gravity exists and we have no wings.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Now that's the spirit. Enjoy while it lasts and in the meantime it even kills some boredom.

4. odonII

odonII O

Is this 'manifesto' going to pan out like your 'Important Announcement: Next tuesday I will start my annual post-a-thon' - we all know how that turned out.
    It wasn't really a post-a-thon, and I'm now wondering if indeed it was/is annual.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We should be bored. Surviving through the centuries was surely exciting just trying to stay alive when nature was hard on our ancestors,when those who began to rule their fellow humans could/would kill at their discretion,there was still most of the world to discover,most places in the undiscovered world contained indigenous peoples that made their own rules and had done so for perhaps thousands of years. The world was "new" and there were places to go when ones way of life became tiresome or dangerous and land was for the taking. (as Eddie Izzard said-"who the fuck are those guys" in his ,do you have a Flag routine)

Now the world is pretty much tamed,settled,controlled,informed and the purpose seems to be the acquisition of material goods as dictated by those who have discovered that humans can be led around like little pets, will do as we're told,will suffer indignities,corruption,outright theft,lying and it seemingly cannot be ameliorated. We all know it. Boring.

Where are the free places? Where is the land to be gotten,developed by those with guts enough to do so? Gone. Why do humans still war with one another? Because evolution is a slow process. That is, if greed/material acqusition is good--we're on the right track. If greed is the ruination of what could be a more equitable world for ALL inhabitants,then evolution has failed us. After all-who made the rules by which human societies now function? Yup-humans. Could have gone an entirely differant direction at the beginning of societal formation. Didn't. Couldn't. Won't.

Don't know if this is a joke thread or what ,but this why I see BORING written on most everything that seems to have come to the fore in our every day existance.

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

A few billion years have passed and we are now at the exact point where we should settle for boredom?
    Billions of years of evolution and everything is now solved and settled?

If you feel that way I do actually feel sorry for you, living in a zombie state must be even worse than boredom.
    In my opinion there is much more and progress is still to be made, in many different areas. Science and philosophy are two main subjects, but also socially and educationally there is a whole universe to explore.

7. odonII

odonII O

By the way, my symbol is O and your symbol is ~ does this mean anything?

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I am sorry, but symbolism has no place in Birdism.

9. odonII

odonII O

Not even this: {o;o}

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Duh. Except for that one ofcourse.

11. scratcho

Don't feel sorry for me--I've made my own rules throughout my life. The above is just an observation. And where do you think these huge breakthroughs are to come? We going to learn a BRAND NEW way of living? Good luck with that.

12. odonII

odonII O

:)

Hey, this was another persons 'birdism'

Have you ever wondered why you aren't making more of life? Well, here is your chance to view the world in another way.

Birdism is a new way of life. Anyone can be a Bird, there is no set God, it is not a religion, it is simply a way of life. A Bird is someone who loves life and embraces everyone with open arms. A Bird truly understands the meaning of life.

I was recently brought upon this way of life by another friend, he really opened my eyes. (Bird Migration?)

A Bird isn't straight, gay, lesbian, or bisexual. A Bird loves everything and every person on the planet. A Bird doesn't judge a person by their way of life but by their character. A Bird simply doesn't love the other sex, they love every sex possible. They love everything. When a Bird is in trouble, they do not panic, but they simply say "All Is Bird", this reinforces your mind that you can do it. YOU CAN DO IT! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE A BIRD! SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY YOUNG BIRD!

A Bird knows how to calm things down and realizes that life is short, you must make the most of it. A Bird does not hold grudges, matter of fact, they don't even get angry in the first place. They are kind and sensitive people who don't flame anyone. Anyone can be a Bird, heck, even you can be one. YES, YOU!

At the end of life, if you are not a Bird, you will have missed out. As you are there in your deathbed, you will think "Why didn't I join Birdism, why didn't I live life to its fullest, why did I worry so much, why did I stress so much?". If you are a Bird you will enjoy life and the many things it has to offer.

Birds simply take the lemons that life gives you and turn it into lemonade. Birdism is on the rise, we currently have 2 members, but that will grow, IT WILL GROW!

SO, DO YOU WANT TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY? DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOME GOOD LEMONADE? DO YOU WANT TO BE A BIRD? WELL THEN, LIVE LIFE LIKE A BIRD! JOIN THE BIRDS AND FLY!

There are no requirements, anyone can join, at any time. So, if you decide to enjoy Birdism, welcome! If not, hopefully you will consider it. This is not a joke. This is serious.

Anyway, I will let you great people debate on this hot topic.

FLY BIRDS FLY!

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

It's amazing to see such a dedicated Birdist. You got most of the general principles right, except that it is not even a way of life. It is nothing more than a simple philosophy and a sidenote about how life could be less boring.

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

No you are not going to learn a brand new way of living. You are merely getting tools. And as with every hammer; it is not only the hammer itself that can build a house.

15. odonII

odonII O

Sadly, another person said: I was the first Birdist, then I got bored with it.

True story: http://www.mariokartwii.com/f12/birdism-new-way-life-60977.html

16. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

have you heard about the bird?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184"]Bird is the Word! | FAMILY GUY | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

18. odonII

odonII O

The posters name was 'Quasar' - which by some cosmic coincidence begins with Q = O~

19. scratcho

Thanks,spiral. Love it!!

20. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

The plot thickens. This could be big. Very, very big. Very, very, extremely big.