The Billie Eilish Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Driftrue, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

this is my favourite interview because it's like a normal conversation rather than Q&A and also it's with both her and her brother.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

“They're becoming themselves through her music. She totally connects to them. So we went to go see her play… and the connection that she has with her audience is the same thing that was happening with Nirvana in 1991.

“I would call that rock n roll. When I look at someone like Billie Eilish, I'm like...shit man....rock n roll is not even close to being dead..."

Dave Grohl

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

She's so cool. I love Billie Eilish's tunes. I don't have her album though. I'm not that into it. But I'm into enough to start dancing around when "Bad Guy" comes on.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i like her crowds, man. there's something old school about what she creates at her shows. i think if she told everyone to put their stupid phones away they would actually listen, maybe, and i wish she would.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

lively! and her hugging people at the end. i just like the vibe. it's exciting.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

ah, that's not so bad. the face doesn't even really look like her.

i expected something more. like nipples.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

but having read her comment on it.. if she didn't agree to it, i can somewhat understand.

she is only 17. she's bound to get worked up about stuff that won't really matter from time to time.

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i love stuff like this, watching people have such a happy experience. videos like this leave me grinning at the screen,

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

this one even more : )
    watching these kids feel so good feels good.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

They play bad guy at the club a lot.. its probably the only song I know. Maybe more.. its my favorite tho.

15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah that is one of the best dancey songs of hers. i can imagine it'll be waaay overplayed over the years : )
    "strange addiction" is another one I can imagine playing well in a club.

Orison likes this.
  16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It's already overplayed on the radio here. I change it if I hear it now but I do like it.

17. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

She seems like an industry plant. I am not saying she doesn't have talent, because as a performer she does. It would seem that most of the musical talent comes from her brother, who has a Hollywood background, as do both of their parents. Her rise to fame seems hardly a thing of chance. Personally, I don't see her music as being anything new or original, but to each their own. She seems to be more of a marketed image geared toward "edgy" teenage girls than a truly creative music phenomenon.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I gotta say, I dont quite get it. I get why she would be niche. But dont get why she is so big

Whispering above a track that kind of sounds like its from a programable casio

I am a child of 90s techo though. Kind of weird how subdued this generations music is

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont get it either. I tried, I've listened to her several times because my music tastes can be moody and sometimes when I dont like something I may like it later when I'm in a different mood.. but she has yet to hook me

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Nothing is liked by EVERYBODY, that's a crazy idea, so I'm not into trying to convince anyone of anything. There are plenty of things some people love that I just don't get, and it's not something you can be, is it.. Convinced to "get" something.