The Biggest Secret by David Icke

Discussion in 'Books' started by Pressed_Rat, May 14, 2004.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

[​IMG]

There doesn't seem to be much talk of non-fiction books in here, but I am in the process of reading this book by David Icke, called The Biggest Secret.

I recommend this book to anyone who is anti-government, into conspiracy theories, or just wants to gain a different perspective on events occuring in the world. It's a very thought-prevoking read to say the least.

Here is a synopsis of the book from Amazon.com:

"Look out Robert Anton Wilson! Either David Icke is competing for the "Paranoid of the Decade" award or he knows something the rest of us don't. Icke reveals a sinister web connecting everything from the British royal family to major oil companies, to 33 of the last 40 U.S. presidents, in a global conspiracy masterminded by an interstellar brotherhood vying for planetary control through the manipulation of humanity's very way of life. Icke digs into every facet of contemporary society to expose the invisible horror lurking beneath the calm veneer of everyday life. In the process he gets downright offensive, knocking everything from Judaism to the Denver airport. Even if you can't swallow Icke's distasteful revelations or follow every step of his labyrinthine conspiracy theories, The Biggest Secret is sure to forever change the way you look at the Amoco oil logo." --Brian Patterson

2. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

while reading the summery I realized good ol' Bob Wilsons name.

I think if you like this book that guy could be your hero. I remember getting paranoid after reading the "Illuminatus Triologie"

3. Harrison_Ford

Harrison_Ford Member

David Icke. Isn't that that guy who believes (or "theorizes") Reptilian shape-shifters control the world?

*browses the internet*
    Ah, I believe it is...
    [​IMG]

I can't say I'm very familar with him beyond that, however. To be honest, my first impression of him isn't a positive one. I will give the book a try, though.

I haven't read much by RAW, either, for that matter; excepting a few writings on his site that have since left my memory circuits. He has interesting and entertaining thoughts, I remember that much. I've been meaning to pick-up The Illuminatus! Trilogy, actually... but I digress.

Anyway, yeah, I'll check it out; and maybe discuss it some time.

Later.

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

what do you think about icke's whole alien/illuminati theory? i started reading one of his books, and i agree with what he has to say about shadow governments and the pyramid structure of world power and all of that. he lost me with the alien theories though. that was too far removed from my reality.

5. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I have been reading I Am Me, I Am Free, also by David Icke. It's one of his more lightweight books (according to people who have read his other works) so it's a good book to start with. It's short too. I'm over halfway through. Can't wait till summer when I will have time to finish it.

Icke's illuminati/reptilian theories are a bit extreme at times, and I'm sure that's caused people to shy away from his works or not take him seriously. But he's still got good things to say. I am me, I am free is mostly about...well, freeing ourselves of our self-imposed mental prisons.

Sorry to get off topic a bit, but perhaps some of you have read it? And how would you compare it to his other works?

6. infinite

infinite Member

Bump.

Tales from the time loop by David Icke.
    Best book I've ever read.

7. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

I started reading this book last night. So far I'm about half-way though the second chapter, but fear that I won't be able to finish it, neither the chapter or the book.

I liked the first chapter, talking about the planets and the aincent tablets left by the summerians (I've read about them in another book, so I know a little bit about that) but the more I read, the more 'out there' it becomes.

I kinda like the idea of it all, and Babylon Brotherhood ruling the world, but only as a sci-fi movie... not as something that's happening in real life.

One thing I did find interesting however was the idea that people with white skin were from mars, and people with darker tones were from earth (which was closer to the sun, so they needed the protection of the darker pigment in their skin). This has actully inspired me to write a short story based on this idea.. I need to be careful however, or I could get labeled a racist (which I'm not at all, and in fact the story would reflect that in some way, i.e. despite the diffrences between the two races, they are all human, and therefore equal.. anyway, lets not get into that).

Again, interesting book (so far) I'll read as much as I can before it gets too loony for me..

8. Valis_77

Valis_77 Member

I can't take Icke seriously. For years he claimed to be the Son of God.

Robert Anton Wilson is a much more interesting person to read.

9. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Someone that I'm more interested in reading up on is Zacharia Sitchin. I don't know much of his works or his ideas and beliefs, but he's been referenced to by both Icke and Alan F. Alford (someone else that wrote a book about flesh and blood gods).

So far as I understand he's meant to have translated some summerian tablets which told tales of flesh and blood gods, and how they were brought to earth on a 'wandering planet', as well as causes for the great flood, etc... all of which sounds fassinating to me :D

Icke goes too far IMO, but I still very much enjoy the idea of flesh and blood gods, and if Zacharia Sitchin has been referenced by both of these people in relation to that, then he's got to be someone to look out for.

Anyway, sorry about that, back on topic. I've just finished the second chapter, and I'm sorry to say this, but I can't see myself continueing any further.. It was noval and interesting to start with, but now it's boring..

10. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Icke - footballer turned new age prophet - the man is a nut. He caimed to be the son of god, and to be recieving messages from socrates - also believes in a 'zionist' conspiracy of some kind evidently..... I expect Icke is laughing all the way to the bank!!!

11. infinite

infinite Member

LoL,
    this is a good example of some of the stuff Icke talks about, when someone has a different view on things different from the set norms from the media/government they get ridiculed. Every dogma, belief-system, culture, and society has a Hassle-Free Zone. It works like this: you set limits of acceptable thought, view and behaviour and anyone who steps outside of those very narrow limits is immediately either ridiculed as “mad” or condemned as “bad”. It brings them back to the herd.

Some people stay within the Hassle-Free Zone because they are persuaded that this desperately constricted view is indeed how life should be lived. But there are very significant numbers of other people who realise how ridiculous the limits of the Zone are, but the fear of facing ridicule or condemnation ensures that they keep their mouths shut and their heads down. As they say in Japan, the nail that stands out from the rest is the first one to be hit.