1. MusicMan19

MusicMan19 Music Elitist

I actually liked Genesis and Exodus, and really all of the pentateuch.

I'm an atheist, but it's a fun read, to me.

Darklunacy - What do you mean Genesis is all adam and Eve? If you mean that's the most emphasized point, I guess that would be a subjectivity. If you mean that's literally all they talk about, that wouldn't be a good statement to make. I'd say that the 6 days of creation, Noah and the story of Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah are as socially relevant as any other stories in Genesis.

The fact that Noah lived for hundreds of years is pretty funny to me. I don't know what all the philosophical shit M was talking about means, but anyone being claimed to have lived for hundreds of years is just a joke. I wish they would open up Mount Ararat again, I probably wouldn't risk looking for the Arc, but I'd like others to be able to try it.

By the way, the book is called Deuteronomy.

If you want to laugh your ass off, go to this site!

www.answersingenesis.com

2. ComfortablyNumb616

ComfortablyNumb616 Member

I'm supposed to be Catholic, but I don't believe that religion, so I'm not. But I still think the Bible is a cool book. There is some really funny/suggestive stuff in there too. Let's see:

“Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them” (Ezekiel 16:17).

sex toys from 2000 years ago???

i found this great site
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
    they interpret parts of the bible and put them in today's terms for us, and make
    them sound worse than they sound written. :)

3. MusicMan19

MusicMan19 Music Elitist

You're not supposed to be anything you don't want to be.