The best sandwich you ever ate!

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by artsyfartsy, Mar 25, 2011.

1. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I hate yet to eat the best sandwich in my entire life. I don't know what it will be but I'm looking forward to it. I carry around a special lapsang souchong tea bag for when it happens so I am prepared.

2. delilah sunshyne

delilah sunshyne Member

hands down: grilled eggplant, roasted tomato, provolone cheese, romaine, olive tapenade and shallot mayo on foccacia bun.

I'm not even vegetarian and whenever I go to this place, I ALWAYS get this sandwich

3. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

white bread, tuna, gherkin's, lettuce, and a cheese slice or two if ya got some :)

4. serena3

serena3 Member

good ol fried peanut butter and banana

5. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

i have this thing that i came up with on my own--just stuffing it with whatever I like most.
    so i take 2 slices of white bread, smear butter on them and then cover them up with lettuce. on those i add slices of tomato and bell pepper, blue cheese, meat (chicken works best), and peas. then i press the two together and eat it. i like it. especially the addition of blue cheese makes it taste real good.

6. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

i am HUGE into turkey bacon lettuce lately +
    and pastrami too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I came up with Grilled Cheese and Spaghetti Sandwich a few weeks ago. It only works if you put garlic powder in the skillet with the butter.

8. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

looks good:)

9. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Love the Bacon.

10. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Sandwhich........oh I thought you meant.......ah never mind

11. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

My fiance and I both agree that my BLT is the best sandwich we've ever eaten.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Fuck sandwiches, I just had crumbed lamb cutlets for lunch. Scrumdiddlyumptious.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Best sandwich shop I've been to is Cobby's in Boise, ID. When I was in college I would eat there at least twice a week and have a turkey, provolone and avocado sandwich with horseradish sauce. All their sandwiches come with mayonnaise, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onions and pepperoncini. Plus all the chips you can eat for free.

http://www.cobbys.com/menu

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had a sandwich a few weeks ago

It was a turkey panini at this hipster place, attached to an all local, organic market and right off a bike path with a nice selection of craft brews served outside..you know the type of place. They do mommy and me goat yoga outside on Tuesdays to further paint you a picture

So the sandwich was kind of small for the price because all hipster places are way overpriced for what you get

But once I bit into it I just didn't care, it was so good. The bread was made from scratch and was probably the best bread I've ever had, the turkey was locally raised and unprocessed, the tomato was probably picked off the vine 5 minutes before I ordered it. Local artisanal cheese, the whole deal

It was mostly the bread though, i've actually been thinking about that hipster bread all day. Must go back again soon

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I used to work at a fancy sandwich shop, and they had this one sandwich that people went crazy over: it was bourbon poached pears, caramelized onions, brie cheese, and prosciutto served on a toasty baguette with greens. People used to lose their shit for that sandwich, so you should try it.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Probably tastes better than it sounds :p

I'm not sure, i ate a lot of sandwiches in my life. It doesn't have to be fancy in order to be (one of) the best.
    Good piece of bread with good butter and/or some cheese or meat and I'm set. Also butter and honey... hmmm. Simple but excellent

17. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

There is a place in Dundarave Vancouver that does lovely sandwich and soup deals I seem to remember that was nice
    and there used to be a place in Blackburn Lancs that did Bacon sausage and Onion on a long roll they were remarkable ( gone now )

But The best i ever tasted was a Club sandwich in a hotel in Shanghai China !! not really sure it was that good but it tasted much better than anything else I had over there ! So at the time it was Heavenly

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

On Many Occasions Over The Years I Have Been The "Ham In The Sandwich".....It Was

A Bloody Good Sandwich......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a piece of white bread she's a piece of white bread he's the salami

20. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

^^^ Dirty buggers ^^^

1 person likes this.