The Best Majors For Paying Off Loans

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Motion, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

I no longer have that original video. Here's a comparison between trade school vs college.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think it's called go out and get a job.

3. Motion

Motion Senior Member

That's mainly what they're getting at. Certain majors can lead to jobs that can more easily pay off student loans.

4. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Should the federal gov't become more selective about which majors they give people loans for? Is it really a good idea for someone majoring in drama or film studies to get a loan from the gov't when that person may not be able to earn enough money through those majors to pay off their loans?

5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I thought it was banks that gave out student loans and not the government

stormountainman likes this.
  6. Motion

Motion Senior Member

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

.The best majors would be those that get you into politics... Those guys get shit tons of money for doing basically nothing.

WritersPanic and stormountainman like this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Doctors are usually Republicans. They support the Republican Party because they get Limits and caps on malpractice payouts. The few I've seen charged about $346 per hour to see me but only spent 9 or 12 minutes with me. My insurance has 185 annual deductible and my medicine insurance wants $435 deductible for the year. In addition to all that, I have to pay a CO-PAY each time I see the doctor. The main message here is that some professionals are way over paid and other get little for hard work. Student loans need to be re-regulated by the government and attention should be paid to ability to pay back. Colleges need to show they have ability to place students into employment before they get federal funding. A larger sector of the student population needs to be eligible for free or reduced tuition, base on their background. Rich Republicans need to pay more, because of White Privilege.

ZenKarma likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

damn, i don't think i've ever seen a doctor for 9 whole minutes at a time.

stormountainman likes this.
  10. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Dump the BS and dump the racism, ok? Doctors are not "usually" Republicans. I agree that a lot of them over charge and all ya get is a "maybe" or "I dunno" about your problem. I found how much more reliable they are when I finally picked up health insurance. And you certainly have no business talking about "white privilege". You have no concept on what that is.

If you want a major to pay off the loans, go to a community college to get the general prerequisite courses out of the way, and in the process you'll see what the options are. Unless you go after a specialty like childhood psychology or paleontology, most any general degree helps. It's more of an art of learning, unlearning, and then relearning. Weird but true. Look at sociology. You can go after a specialty with that, if you want, like archeology or criminal sciences. Or you can get just the basic bachelors degree in sociology and still become successful.

The degree is not the answer. It's just a tool.

11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I already voted for Biden & Harris. And last year I changed my Medicare plan to Medicare Advantage with Zero co pays. I just love entitlements. Now Biden is going to make them rich "W" people pay for my health coverage.