The best a man can be/get

Discussion in 'Hip News' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 20, 2019.

2. Spilled-Patchouli

Spilled-Patchouli Members

I'd agree with you here. I agree with the message of the Gillette ad, but why would I ever support a company that charges exorbitant amounts of money for disposable (aka earth ruining) plastic products. Sure, Gillette, good on you for not supporting toxic masculinity/femininity in our culture, but you still are representative of what is wrong with a lot of our culture.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, since ya'all wont let this thread die, I will throw a little petrol on the smoulders.

What would the female version of the Gillete ad be.

Say it was an ad for super absorbant maxi pads. And to sell their product they decided to do a montage of the worst female behaviours in relation to males

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

To name a few negative female stereotypes:

Gossiping, bullying, backstabbing, sleeping her way up the corporate ladder, rumor spreading, gold digging, hitting a man and getting away with it, playing the sexism card when thing don’t go her way.

I’m sure if such a maxi pad commercial were made, the people who agree with the Gilette commercial would be up in arms very quickly

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yep. Men could learn from women and women could learn from men. I've been saying it for years.

Slightly off topic.. Women who say they prefer male friends because other women are catty bitches are sometimes the cattiest bitches.

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Because we now live in the age in our culture where courtship is deemed as sexual harassment

GLENGLEN likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gillett

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't agree with the black and white of your statement or think that the video was saying the same thing.. But I really liked the video. It made me sad, then happy. I'm glad it worked out for him.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I did not watch the op video but this watch company ad is supposedly kind of a counter vid to it.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I am not sure how that video is a response to the Gillette ad. Obviously, yes, men face their own issues, and there are things that they are more predisposed to than women, for a variety of reasons. I don't think anyone is saying that they don't. But what has that got to do with the original advertisement?

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That's what it said in the description, I don't know. I didn't watch the initial one in part due to something you said about bringing attention to it iirc.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nice Vid.......Very Moving.....:hushed:

Cheers Glen.