The best a man can be/get

Discussion in 'Hip News' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ha. Never said I hate men. Nice try though.

2. I did say "if", it was hypothetical.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The basis of that argument is you have asserted an individilual or group, anyone, hates men for "just being men"

So the next step is for you to tell us who exactly hates men for "just being men".

Then the step after that is to tell us how you know they hate men for no other reason than "just being men"

You know full well thats bullshit

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ahhh, statitistics.

The video starts off with 93% work fatalities are male, and shows videos of firefighters.

Yet I bet if I go digging, the highest number of workplace fatalities would be with taxi drivers, logging industry, fisherman

What about female ER nurses vs dudes that are work in an office. Why arent there many female fatalities amongst deep sea fishermen, duh

Because 10% of guys do the actual dangerous jobs, somehow the rest of us are hard done by.

Then it goes on to say 97% of war fatalities are male, which is total bullshit, because they are just talking about the soldiers, not the civilians

5. I did say if.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Only loosely related, but:

Apparently (in the USA at least), the occupation with the highest number of fatalities is construction work.

Top causes of death in construction, according to OSHA:

• Falls – 381 out of 971 total deaths in construction in CY 2017 (39.2%)
    • Struck by Object – 80 (8.2%)
    • Electrocutions – 71 (7.3%)
    • Caught-in/between* – 50 (5.1%)
      (*This category includes construction workers killed when caught-in or compressed by equipment or objects, and struck, caught, or crushed in collapsing structure, equipment, or material)
    That last category though, oof--there is no pleasant way to go that involves being caught-in/between anything.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The ad did exactly what it was is meant to. Everyone is discussing the brand and everyone has a strong opinion on it. I gurentee they knew the ad would upset people. But key point it does not upset women which still do the shopping for a family and in many houses the man uses whatever she buys and does not check labels.

There is no such thing as bad press. The brand now has a STRONG social stance that draws just as many as they loose to it. People will want to support the company esepcily when they see those they do not like going to far to not support it. In 20 years they see that what is controversial now will not be and they win the long game.

The conservatives are doing the typical destroy the product that makes me sad on social media bit. Again what they plan for. So many algorithms now show Gillette as a search term. Your outrage was the goal the whole time. They don't give a shit if you don't buy your son will now.

He will remember racist old dad in his Trump hat not liking this. Marketing gold I assure you. Razors are like many products what you buy at 20 is what you buy at 60. Men stick with what works and what we know it's why we take 10 minutes to shop when women take 2 hours. So get brand loyalty young.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The remaining 389 - aliens, little green ones that is

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, the no such thing as bad press thing, dont think thats going to be the case this time.

I dont really care what the ad says, still a stupid move on the ad firms part

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That’s racist.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No not racist just inaccurate, because you see - they’re actually grey

12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

As a proud womyn and feminist, I applaud the Gillette commercial. All masculinity is toxic and the world will be a better place without it. I will be spending big on Gillette razors even though I won’t use them, because shaving my legs and armpits is a patriacical construct.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm so glad I can't concern myself seriously with this stuff. Btw: 6-eyed, you're aware the ad isn't really an attack on masculinity on itself right?

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's interesting to me that what these men see as manly. Like an ad suggests you have some manners in your life and they say it's impossible. That attitude seems more stereotypical and degrading to men than the ad.

They admit they as men are incapable of this higher thinking. Instead they should act like an ape. The strong survive and you take what you want.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Masculinity is being kind and gentlemanly and having integrity. Like Pa Ingalls lol. Always like Pa Ingalls

It really isnt a hard concept. You're not less of a man if you're not a constant skirt sniffer and you dont get into fights and whatever else was depicted in the commercial

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems some guys get duped into believing that accepting or being in tune with traits or characteristics that are commonly perceived as 'feminine' takes away from their masculinity. This is also a retarded fallacy.

17. 6-eyed shaman

Have to disagree.

The worst part of the commercial was when the pretty girl walked by, and the white guy looked up and went over to introduce himself to her, and then the black dude comes up and says "Bro, not cool not cool."

What a cockblocker.

You are alive today because your dad went up and talked to your mom. It is a masculine instinct to find seek women to procreate with.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah the lady could’ve shot him down herself.
    Dude was totally stripping her of her power.

19. 6-eyed shaman

Well, if this commercial is going to discourage feminist progressive men from going out and finding a woman to procreate with. Then maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Thanks Gillette!

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

OMG, do I have to post the Let it Go video again?

It was just an ad for a company that sells razors and plastic ones at that.

Just dont buy the friggin razors any more.

And let it gooooo, let it goooo.....

Should be buying wooden razors or something anyway