The beef with G8

Discussion in 'Protest' started by FreakerSoup, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

ha ha ha ! I love americans they talk big and when it comes to true rebellion - they sit back and watch a hollywood film - usually one where some rebellious character said some stuff that was rebellious but gawwwdamnit it wuz still pride in the USA

Oh puleeeze - I a sick of americans who are too fuckin timid to get off their arse and actually do something rather than moan moan moan on and on and on about the situation

please will you americans get some guts soon and help change the world instead of believing rebellion is something written on a fuckin tee shirt

2. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

This is a link just for you Ronnie : :) < click me.

3. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

naff off mr fucking bacon !

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

The U.S. has a major mindset problem, no doubt. It's difficult to even get past the belief that any kind of dissent, even the most benign and non-violent, is unpatriotic. The early 70s was probably the last era of any major dissent in the U.S. It won't last forever, though. People can't live in an atmosphere of make believe indefinately. It didn't work in the 50s.

5. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

I ike you shaggie but dont wimp out - it surely has to be all or nothing doesnt it?
    Its either the fact that someone is all mouth and trousers - or they get off their arse and act according to their belief - either governments are bad and we take their power back and reorganise - or you agree with them ! and let them continue !

For or against - no fence to sit on

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Hey Ronald McFaggot... do you want to be banned? Either act civil towards people or get the fuck out! I asked you a fucking question you little twat, which YOU could not answer. I never defended Americans and I am not a flag waver, you fucking poseur.

I said how this is part of a GLOBAL AGENDA, and that to blame one country means you simply do not get it. So answer my question, little boy. How is the US soley to blame when the European countries like France and Germany are also members? Who held them at gunpoint and told them to join?

I never said the US is innocent, but the people who control Europe are no different than the people who control this country. Money is money and greed is greed. It's not limited to one country.

7. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

The USA refuses to sign fully to the koyoto treaty which all the other powers in the world agree is probably the best course of action but the USA's answer is - no we want it so other countries have an emissions quota and we will buy their right to pollute from them - so we get the right to pollute and they dont - the more we pollute the more we buy their quota - well sorry USA it just dont fuckin work that way so get in line or we will deck capitalism for real - start saving the planet and forget your fucking dollar or we will save the planet from you

No ifs or buts the USA has to take responsibility for being singularly the biggest polluter and stop denying that it is so !

the fact is that the USA is irresponsible in wanting its ambitions put bvefore the good of the entire world - fuck the USA if thats its attitude - fuck it !

8. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Calm down - i'm only kidding.
    The point was that you thrust everybody into one camp or the other or think they work for the goverment. We all get a bit irate from time to time - but you just seemed a little too irate - that does not make people listen to what you are saying or respect what you are saying as easily as if you listened a little and be a little consilitory...

Their are plenty of ''Americans'' that are active and rebelious - maybe they don't want to put a steel toe cap into their nearest police officer - AND ?.

9. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

All the other powers of the world ?

MMM don't think so:

Signed but not intending to ratify
    Australia

Not signed and not ratified
    Afghanistan
    Andorra
    Brunei
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Iraq
    Montenegro
    Palestine
    Republic of China (Taiwan)
    Sahrawi Republic (Western Sahara)
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    San Marino
    São Tomé and Príncipe
    Serbia
    Somalia
    Tajikistan
    Timor-Leste
    Tonga
    Turkey
    United States
    Vatican City
    Zimbabwe

America spends more on the environment than any other country in the world - just because [along with other major polluters] it did not sign a document [that a lot of countries that did - are failing miserably to fulfill] you spout anti -american sentiment any chance you get - weird.

10. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Which would you prefer the MBWoirkrel;ated - lets hear the sum of your knowledge on kyoto then - so do you prefer the European solution or that of the USA who doesnt actually want it enforced - they dont give a shit !!!! all they care about is the dollar and their own ass !

11. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

btw, i've yet to see much difference in the kyoto nations than in the american policies, except they're just putting a pretty bit of ink on a useless bit of paper.

12. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

What is the European solution / US solution ? What about the Asian pacific solution ?
    Maybe we could come to a agreement about that first ?.

IMHO It is not the ''European solution'' over the ''USA solution'' - every country has a multi-faceted and fairly unique approach.
    The interplay between European countries / North American and South American countries and that of Asian pacific counrties - let alone the interplay between all the countries as individual entities is complicated / convoluted and interconnected.
    To add more confusion a large proportion of American states have ''gone it alone'' and are alligning themselves with the Kyoto protocol.
    This is why it is unfair to push the blame onto America and pit it against the rest of the world.
    This is simply unfair - as a large proportion of the Kyoto signatories - ratified the agreement either because they knew they could easily meet the targets set - or they had no obligation to meet the targets anyway.
    Just by ratifying or not ratifying the protocol does not make a country superior or inferior in their efforts.

America is the biggest economy in the world and was expected to reduce its emmisions in line with everybody else - even though once you get past the top 5 economies their is a major fucking drop of in proportionality of size/economy/population and emmisions.

Imho if you want to be fair - every country should be set the same target and have the same obligations and be able to transfer technology.
    Plus NO carbon trading. Possibly give the US a few more years to catch up.
    This is not going to happen.
    At the moment the Kyoto protocol is not fair it is not balanced and it favours those countries with the least amout of work to do.

13. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Survival of the fittest Ronald. The powerful capitalist nations control the wealth of the world because that is the way of nature. If you want to argue against the universal truths of nature and say we should all have equal power, go and yell it to the birds and trees and see what they say.

The meek shall inherit crumbs. The powerful control the earth, and it is with them that a great responsibility lies. We need powerful forces to survive, as wolf packs require an alpha male, a dominant leader, to guide them. Organization is key for our species to figure this universe out, and for organization to work, power cannot be fairly distributed.

My problem with capitalism is that power is dolled out based solely on something as superficial as wealth instead of intelligence and strength of character. So you have weak and idiotic cowards sitting on thrones of power, and geniuses shooting up heroin on the street corners.

Something needs to change but the idea of power being distributed evenly and fairly is just bunk if you ask me. Some people will do better for their fellow man with power than others.

After all, would you say that a Hitler deserves as much power as a Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr.? Under a system where all men are truly considered equal, that would be so.

There is much need for reform, I'll agree, but blind equality is a concept that brings many evils with it along with the good intentions.

14. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

PS This only implies to mankind in his current state. We have the biological ability to live free. However I don't think stripping capitalism down will really change the system, just make it have to start over in a vulnerable state. The change needs to come from within, not from bloodshed and revolution. You need people to willingly change to such a system because they understand it, not force it on people through riots and violence.

15. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes Banned

dont ya just love hip forums where people who dont know anything about the subject are lecturing like university professors. Theres a third way isnt there?
    I mean you say
    but which anarchist has ever even implied this could be the case? No anarchist wants to do away with government of some kind, they want to do away with leaders. The powerful will be those with the best ideas perhaps? Its not quite like that now though is it? People in the US seem frantic with worry about the loss of social constraint, but there is nothing to stop the butcher or the bake or candlestick maker from slitting your throat when you walk into their shop - so what do you think anarchy is? people with this warped vision of the USA where guns are rife shooting at each other for supremacy?
    LOL you all spew your breakfast at the thought anarchy is a mad max film
    I am afraid you have failed to acknowledge just one tiny small detail which means your argument grinds to a halt.
    Not all people are so small minded that they want power ! Infact people are born good and given a chance will form a better form of good. Not all people live in the USA and not all people want to adopt the political beliefs of the USA. Not all people have that level of greed within their current society. You misconstrue anarchy and its aims largely because you are misinformed by people who really do not argue the case well. Why not learn what anarchism is before shouting it down

16. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

G8 leaders agree to climate deal

Leaders of the G8 nations have agreed to a compromise deal on tackling climate change, German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said.
    "We agreed... that CO2 emissions must first be stopped and then followed by substantial reductions," she said.

Reports said the leaders had agreed to hold talks on a replacement to the Kyoto Protocol within a UN framework.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6731045.stm