The Beatles

Discussion in 'Psychedelic and Garage' started by Gniknus, Jan 19, 2009.

1. samson

samson Hepcat

I may not have a sense of humor, but if you are modding the psych music forum someone must!

2. kmarcher87

kmarcher87 Member

The Rolling Stones paved the way for hard rock like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. The Beatles took everything beautiful about rock and roll and sang about love and peace. The Stones ran with the grittier side like sex and drugs. IMO The Beatles and The Rolling Stones are like yin and yang.

BraveSirRobin is being satirical. He's pretending to be just another ignorant youth who doesn't know any music outside of MTV.

3. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I myself was also being satirical.:eek:

I'm not saying that the Stones didn't pave the way for a lot of good music. It's absolutely undeniable. And they provide a nice counterpart to the Beatles. I agree about the Yin & Yang statement. It's a good way to put it.

I was just trying to say that I'm not a big fan of the Stones' music. It just doesn't have the feel and sound that I like to hear. Not trying to deny their artistic/musical skills. That'd be stupid of me.

4. kmarcher87

kmarcher87 Member

Well then, it would appear that I am the fool, my bad.

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Haha. Don't worry about it :)

It's pretty hard to detect different emotions, etc. when you're talking via the internet. Misunderstandings run rampant.

6. Mr Kite

Mr Kite Member

The Beatles really do it for me.I mean,Rain,Tomorrow Never Knows,Hey Bulldog and Strawberry Fields.Takes some beating.

7. Johnny Lennon

Johnny Lennon Member

The Beatles are my favorite band ever. I'm just at a loss of words for what I should post here. Without them, I wouldn't be on this site, or know anything about hippies. I wish I could've born like 40 years earlier, and seen them live.