The Bar of Broken Dreams

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fitzgarabaldi, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I don't have any.
    Ok I am banned. X

2. fitzgarabaldi

fitzgarabaldi jolly swagman

there ya go again bannin yaself from every bar in town!!

Candy Gal likes this.
  3. Candy Gal

4. fitzgarabaldi

tell us one of your broken dreams CG and I'll swop it for a poem - you go first!

5. Candy Gal

My very first love was killed in Ireland.
    He was older than me and I got blamed by his parents for his death.
    He was waiting for me to finish school.
    Nah this broken dreams makes me cry.

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  6. fitzgarabaldi

back to Jamaica ----- our paths like all paths kept crossing each day 'high how ya goin' - 'high been workin hard' 'high doin anything special tonight' you get the gist?

a walk in the park occasionally - a talk in the dark - a wiggle and a walk - a giggle and a talk - makes the world go 'round ' round round - etc etc oh my God I am getting giddy thinkin about it - might have to lie down take a bex and think of Jamaica again - more later!

well you know how it goes we eventually became an item and it becomes known 'hands off it's my girl' trouble was it was her hands all over me - how we both didn't get pregnant I'll never know. I think it was about the time she was telling me she was off to have a holiday back home in Jamaica - and I thought OMG some relief and then she said - " be good see ya when I get back and we can talk some plans for the future" and then the nightmare hit me - marriage ffs marriage - and me in the prime of me life - I couldn't bare the thought although I had enjoyed the bare! I had to tell her before she left and I did - mumbled something or other and sent her off on what should have been a joyful holiday sad - she even brought back a present for me but I had made the break and there was no more going back - or on the back or whatever!! phew that was close!

7. fitzgarabaldi

I'm a great fan of Paul Theroux and his writings and his son Louis on TV. In his novel [pauls that is] The Happy Isles of Oceania - a beautiful travelogue I would recommend; he describes the break up of his first marriage to his then wife Anne Castle when they were living in London with two sons, which after 26 years sound so sad but it happens to many I guess:

" there was no good word in English for this hopeless farewell. My wife and I separated on a winter day in London and we were both miserable, because it seemed as if our marriage was over. We both thought : ;what now'? ' it was the most sorrowful of goodbyes. I could not imagine life without her.

How heart rendering but what about the kids - no mention of course! - how many of us can identify with a similar fate? after putting in such a long service - wot went wrong?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a stale chocklet bar with nuts in it and not teeth to eat it with.

Candy Gal likes this.
  9. fitzgarabaldi

yep don't it just turn ya nuts!! - never mind i think we have a bowl or two of 'geriatric slop' behind the bar - I could warm one up?

10. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

A bit like you fitz was the broken dream of my very first love.
    I was aged 14 and went to the same school in Liverpool by the name of Venice Street, as a beautiful girl by the name of Brenda Power.
    You never forget the name of your first love.
    We dated for just a couple of years, and there was never any real sex between us, except some kissing and some feel of her titties.
    Some how some way we drifted apart and I moved on to other loves and experiences.

I have often thought of Brenda Power though, and have even done some internet searches on Facebook and other stuff, just to see what ever happened to her.
    I never did manage to find her, so really that was a broken dream for me.

[​IMG]

11. fitzgarabaldi

Nice story boozer and ya would not believe it but one of my best mates when I was cuddling the sultry Jamaican mazipan was a girl called Brenda in those days another surname married twice but it is now brenda power!! but she was a londoner!

12. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Thanks fitz.
    That’s a bit of a coincidence if ever there was one!
    But yes.
    My girl was Brenda Power from Liverpool.
    She likely got married and took another name, but like I said.
    I would love to know what happened to her in her life.

13. I was going to marry Kristen Stewart.

14. fitzgarabaldi

ah thats sounds like a broken dreams story - wot 'appened mate??

15. I didn't know where to find her.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Brenda
    Mind if I bend ya
    Over and over
    Mmmm

17. fitzgarabaldi

and you tried all the usual suspect places?/

18. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

After studying six translations of the Tao Te Ching, Contextualism, and modern physics for most of my adult life, like Max Planck, when I tried to use a linguistic shortcut to find answers, I accidentally discovered the Tao Te Ching is based on 12,000 year old potty humor, which could reconcile eastern and western philosophy along with Relativity and quantum mechanics. But, it would mean going cross-eyed for twelve years to prove it.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You and your quantum mechanics.

20. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Mother Nature's love is irresistible, but she has a wicked sense of humor!