The B.O.G. Method of Indoor Organic Growing.

Discussion in 'BOGLAND' started by BushyOldGrower, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Xtbudda

Xtbudda Member

2. alpha ralpha

alpha ralpha Member

I made a box out of a water cooler with 2 pots of perlite inside and topped by a 20 watt red led light. I pour water in the top and it drains down and I empty it thru the spigit on the bottom. what's a good fertilizer that I can get at stores in my area and can the red light alone do it?

3. BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Perlite alone holds no water so it makes a poor medium. I don't know about that light but it won't provide needed nutrients. There are many brands of nutes but in the method you plan I have no recommendation for you.

I have heard of people growing a while in a vermiculite and perlite mix and if you mixed them 50/50 then perhaps some Pure Blend organic fertilizer would help or any other grow feed. BOG

4. Bongo Banger

Bongo Banger Member

hi bog! i'm a big fan. you don't know it, but you taught me to grow. i cut and pasted your "how to" posts from og. i got almost a pound from six plants under a 1000 watter using your methods. THANKS!! i followed your directions to a T. i kept waiting for something to go wrong. i had to do battle with fungus gnats and learned all about rust but it all worked out. i later learned that a first timer is lucky to get anything harvested. i wondered what happened to you. hope all is well!
    peace

5. BushyOldGrower

Many people given a simple method will get a good result first time but there are problems that can come up and ruin a grow. Patience give results because winners never quit and quitters never win.

Congratulation on joining the club of sucessful growers!

Have some inspiration. Stare at this shit... ;) BOG

6. Bongo Banger

Bongo Banger Member

hi bog, hope you had a great thanksgiving. do you ever see yourself entering the cannabis cup? i've been reading at sites here and there, and noticed a lot of folks not happy with the way things went, especially judging. i read your how to a million times (that's how i learned to grow) and noticed something. one of the people talking about the judging, was a breeder named "subcool." in your grow guide you mention that name in reference to pre-mixing earth juice. are these the same people? do you guys still breed together? i friend of mine gave me some "jack the ripper" beans. are you familiar with this strain? any tips on growing it? i tried to ask him but got no response. any help would be appreciated. i'd rather be growing out some bogglegum to tell you the truth.
    peace

7. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Great pix as usual BOG. Just wanted to mention that when going overseas, customs now swabs laptops to test for various substances. I'm assuming it's for explosives or whatever, but I assume the machine can search for anything.

Last time thru Australia I got a thorough going over and they swabbed my keyboard, screen and touchpad. I suppose if your laptop was anywhere near cannabis it would show it. They preferred to hassle anyone with long hair, so be careful! I think they found traces but they let me go and warned me I'd be "watched". Gee isn't that nice? Makes you wonder just what that means these days...

8. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

Its explosive residue. (actually hand creams will set it off too lol). They "can" be configured but the problem is TSA can't do it themselves (they dont do tech support for their own equip). That, and the sheriff would need to line up a ton of drug dogs and cops.

Besides having "residue" would only subject one to a search, and if you have nothing, you just missed your plane probably and TSA is responsible. Remember how many dollar bills have crack,cocaine, or pot reisdue? I think i read something like 4 outta 10.

I work in an airport and closely w/ TSA so i'm not bs'ing this :)

9. BushyOldGrower

My Sour Bubble can be considered an explosive residue because the resins are flammable.

I rarely trust travel anymore...they have had too much time under Republicans to do who knows what? I never use cell phones either as they track your every move.

Subcool and I are still friends but not in contact much recently. We did trade some genetics and I saved some of his for him once. You should realize that guys like REZDOG SubCool and myself are all just regular stoners who loved the weed so much. We didnt worship the plant but we did see it as Sacramental just as Soma does.

It's medicine and its spiritual medicine as well. In a time of a troubled world our good earth gives us good herbs to use for our health and happiness and yet some reject it still. How sad when people can't see the beauty so plain to see. BOG

10. Bongo Banger

Bongo Banger Member

i hear you bog. things have surely changed in the last 20/30 years. i'm glad there are some folks like you and the others, keeping strains going and crossing others to make new ones. i'm hoping that my state will pass some medical legislation this next session. i too, am a bit reluctant to travel abroad. we're not too popular these days. i can hop on military aircraft though, and that is a bit more secure. have a great Christmas/holiday season!! Peace!!!

11. Vincent Von Blown

Vincent Von Blown Member

Your best grade of medical weed?

That would be grown in soil under fluroscent lighting.

Contrary to popular belief, the quality and potency is far superior to the big 1000 watt MH and HPS lights.

12. Vincent Von Blown

Vincent Von Blown Member

I was going to upload a picture but it doesnt work sorry.

13. BushyOldGrower

Sour bubble is my most potent strain.

I won't bother to disagree with you. ;) BOG

14. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

jack = cool