The B.O.G. Method of Indoor Organic Growing.

Discussion in 'BOGLAND' started by BushyOldGrower, Jul 31, 2006.

1. BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hello to everyone. :sunglasse

Perhaps some of you know me from either Overgrow or ICMAG as I have been posting my simple methods there for years. Recently I released my book, "Bonanza of Green", which outlines my method. In my book it is stated that you should, "get online or be left behind". If you are here to learn then perhaps I can be of some help.

My kind of help is geared mainly for the novice grower who wishes to start indoor growing or to improve the results. Recently I have been on a Sabbatical of sorts. Visiting different styles of grow rooms has enhanced my own knowledge.

Rumors of my demise or death have been greatly exaggerated. To be truthful it was my desire to leave the online world for a time. It was also my desire to start fresh at a place like this. I am honored to be asked by the site to become an online grow guru for you. :X

Let me make it clear that you can't ask me a dumb question because there aren't any. There are only dumb answers and I will be the one guilty of that. Please do feel free to ask privately if your question makes you feel dumb when asked in public. But, know that I don't wish people to feel bad about asking a question in public. We are all ignorant of many things and to ask a question is to admit that we don't know everything. Be humble and ask.

You show your courage when you ask a question that you imagine others will make fun of you for. The "beginners mind" is a buddhist precept saying that to learn you must maintain the attitude of the one who wants to learn. I still learn every day and I still ask questions. My answers are fallible and my knowledge is limited. However, teaching what I have learned from my own experience is sound. My book is concise and the information is sound but it is a beginning only. There is always much more to be discussed.

This is why we are here in this forum. I shall attempt to pass on the information already in my book and more. For many of you who don't know me or my book the obvious first question would seem to be...

What is Bonanza of Green?

It is my method and the name of my book. The book is available at http://www.fsbookco.com/BonanzaOfGreen.html or amazon. The method is a low cost, organic, indoor production line of a sort. Usually done small scale but of any size, requiring a small separate grow area from the flowering area. A 2 room system that can even be done in one closet. The concept is simple really.

Have any of you read my book or seen the recent review in Heads? My friend Jorge Cervantes has been very kind toward me. We both love each others book. I highly recommend his, "Marijuana Horticulture" to be read right after my starter book. The 2 together make a great pair! :)

By the way... my nick name is Bushy but you can call me BOG if you're a friend. Hopefully we can all be friends. I don't wish to step on anyone's toes.

ONE LOVE...Nam Myoho Renge Kyo :D BOG

2. BushyOldGrower

Skip Stone is the author of the definative "Hippies from A-Z" and another good friend of mine as well as Jorge whom you know well.

Remember that "One Love" is found in the Cool forum right here. BOG

3. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Welcome Bushy one.

4. BushyOldGrower

I am new here and perhaps this thread should have been placed the methods forum. So many forums here to select from.

The idea of being a sponsor here has been presented to me. The site looks great and the attitude here seems peaceful for the most part.

Not too many responses to the poll but we will see what it shows. You can probably guess my opinion. ;)

In reality I don't care how anyone grows. Many people have asked me how I grow and how they should grow. Most books give several methods and expect the new grower to choose one for him or herself. Often new growers getting started just want to be told how to start.

Persuading and giving a simple system as a starter is a valid way to help our movement. The movement to change the world. First we legalize pot!

Pot is the peace herb and the finest medical herb on the planet. It is a religious sacrament for so many, and for so long. The repression of this holy herb is a dastardly crime indeed. So this injustice must end and by growing we help to save the planet. Perhaps it's not too late.

So, what is my book about? It's about my simple method. Shall we begin?

BOG

5. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

I'm two days into flowering indoors when would be the best time to take cuttings?

6. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Thread moved to Growing Techniques forum.

Yes, BOG would like you to buy his book if you like his method, which is great for the beginner and those doing smaller grows.

I can testify that not only does it yield well, but the result (if using good genetics) is outstanding medical quality smoke.

Plug over... ;)

BTW, BOG has kindly agreed to share his knowledge and experience on our forums. I respect his opinions and I hope he can help many here improve their grows. Please welcome him and ask him any questions you might have (in separate threads).

7. BushyOldGrower

BMan, I want some people to buy my book but only those who it would benefit. Let me say again that my book is a starter book for someone who is either considering giving indoor growing a try or for new growers learning how.

My book is a hobby project that grew out of years of online teaching. It became difficult to keep writing the same things over and over after a time. Others suggested that I write a book and it was always in the back of my mind. There are many illustrations in the book making it fun to have around.

Perhaps by showing some of my work people will be more able to decide if my book is for them or not. :) BOG

8. skip

Sorry, I moved the thread yet again, into your new forum, BOGLAND!

Good luck with this forum. I hope many are able to learn from you.

Everyone welcome BOG to his new forum! :)

9. BushyOldGrower

Thanks Skip. See you in the COOL forum soon. :cool: BOG

10. govenor of jimcinati

govenor of jimcinati Member

How much light is lost when growing in a bigger room, where the walls aren't right next to them?

11. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

:) Welcome Bushy, don't know if you've browsed much. I'm the local sub species with nonopposable thumbs. ;)

I'm going to be curious to see how this thread goes, because I'm an escaped lab animal for an obscure mj test lab. (I sneaked out the back one day when they were all high!)

Hopefully,since you mentioned medical mj I hope to read threads about growing mj to be more condusive to medical conditions as opposed to the "Makeitstronger" syndrome most humans go for" In fact I'd love to see a revival of some of the older strains that actually gave individually distinct highs.

Any who here's a little taste of what Orangs can do, enjoy;:D

[​IMG]

12. BushyOldGrower

Bman, Normally cuttings are taken in veg but 2 days into flower is ok. I recommend not taking upper branches if you intend to continue to flower the mother as it can cost in final yield. However a healthy side branch could easily be used without much loss at all. Take the cutting/cuttings now and place them back in vegging hours of at least 18 per 24 hours and they should do fine as clone or moms.

Gov of Jimcinati, None if you use reflectors but large rooms do mean no reflection off the walls. Perhaps you can place the grow area in a corner giving you some reflection on one side but reflection isnt really necessary. The loss is minimal in my opinion due to the fact that using tight reflectors also costs in loss of air flow and heat stress increase. Even with cooled lights reflectors other than the one above the bulb may not be that important. What you need is good direction and use of usable light with good fixtures. BOG

13. skip

Hey, let's have everyone start NEW threads for NEW questions. Otherwise the Q&A here won't be easy to find again. :)

14. BushyOldGrower

Actually, you can ask anything any way you want. The flow is what it's all about.

Naturalhi, to me the best is the best tasting and the finest quality high. It really isn't about quantity or most potent. I grow for myself so there is plenty of whatever I choose to have in my harem. I like to smoke all day and something too potent can make you take a nap.

My favorites tend to be the bubblegum and the kush. How a grower get to contentedness with their strains depends on the individual. Some people are easier to please than others. As long as I have some pot I can be content. The main thing is good taste for me though. BOG

15. ChrisTrip

ChrisTrip Senior Member

If you have an air-cooled system how do you adjust the height of the lamps?

Doesn't all that heavy equipment pose a problem when raising or lowering the lights to the proper distance from the plants?

Most grows I have seen use chains, which could be a real drag...

What does BOG suggest one use from his infinite wisdom? And what distance should one keep the lamps away from the plants?

~Chris

16. BushyOldGrower

I will get you a pic later Chris. I use devices called "yoyo's" which are specifically for hanging grow lights. They have adjustable strings with adjustable string tension that allows you to pull the individual lights up or down easily. With air cooled 1000 watt hps lighting the distance from the closest tops is about 1 foot. Some may say they can get them that close without air cooled lights and this is true if ventilation is done right. However, any closer will bleach out the tops making them unappetizing in appearance. Another factor to consider besides heat is the actual light being absorbed by those closest tops.

In reality the sun is twice as bright but it's a long distance away and outdoor plants adapt to the higher light without bleaching out the tops. When using multiple lights cross over lighting also affects optimum distance from the plants. A little more distance from the lights may allow more crossover and still provide as much light to the plants in actuality. When using smaller sized lights of course lights can be a bit closer but the rule of thumb is if you feel any heat from the light on your hand then the distance is a bit too close. BOG

Back with the lighting pics later...

17. BushyOldGrower

In the first pic you see 2 air cooled lights hanging on yoyo's and in the last pic you see exactly what a yoyo looks like. I prefer them to chains but a very heavy light requires chains or 4 of them. I light reflector can actually work with just one.

Note how all my wires and ballasts are up in the rafters where the hot air is all being vented out continuously. BOG

18. ChrisTrip

ChrisTrip Senior Member

Love those YoYoS! What a great idea!

And that stuff does look fairly heavy so the ease with which the lights can go up and down is a big plus.

~~~Peace, Chris

19. BushyOldGrower

They work great Chris. It's so easy to raise and lower them without any adjusting at all. You just push them up or down and they stay there. Pretty cool but a bit pricey and chains work well also. :) BOG

20. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

Where would one find yoyo's ? I can't say ive ever seen them b4.