The Average Body

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by abarambling, Oct 18, 2016.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Not everyone is at the level of post-conventional mortality.

2. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

Mortality is accepted balance is maintained. Without death there can be no life without ugly there can be no beauty. The average brings harmony to all duality

3. abarambling

abarambling Banned

You're too complex for me, man.
    And I feel dizzy. My spine is starting to hurt again as well.
    Poo.
    JUST POO!

4. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

Do you have a back problem? An obnoxious bed? After my seizure my bed is my couch to avoid falling and injuring myself yet again. I understand back pain. My wife has spinal and nerve damage in her back and legs so she really understands it.
    Understanding is wondrous and terrifying constantly

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Kind of. I was recently diagnosed with this spinal thing. So, it's causes a lot of nerve pain. And other neurological issues. I actually am due for a MRI, but I keep avoiding it, BECAUSE I don't wanna. Great reason, I know. But, really... I know the doctors will tell me I need surgery again, and I'm so over surgery. I'll not stupid, though. Okay, I am. But, point is... I will call and make the appointment. But, give me a few weeks to postprone it, because I can't right now. I'll do it next month, because I have a cardiograph as well. Life!

6. LittleBee

LittleBee Members

with all these anorexia and body positivism ala "I embrace my fat rolls" we have completely forgotten what a healthy average woman looks like - neither fat, nor skinny. other things are extreme.

7. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

That's mainly what I was getting at with this thread. That when it comes to the average body... it extremely varies between people. You can be the same average weight, and one person will tell you that you're overweight and another will tell you that you're underweight. With people who look underweight... they're often called underweight. And with people who look overweight... they're often called overweight. But, with the average body... you can have people call you all sorts of things, which is confusing as fuck. For example, what you're talking about in terms of body positivity. Here is one video I'm watching where someone is telling me that they embrace their fatness, so i should do that too. Then I'm watching another video that is about getting a 'bikini body'. And I'm just like... which one is it? Losing the fucking weight or just accepting yourself?

At the end of the day, I'm just sick and tired of people having more rights to my body than I do. They can say whatever they want, and think it's okay. Think it's WITHIN THEIR RIGHT TO. It's my fucking body no matter how boney or fat it looks to you. And like I said... I've average, so it can go both ways with people.

I'm 4'8" and 97 pounds. Maybe 100, when I get a bloated. According to some people I need to gain weight, but according to my mom I'm fat. It's a never ending fucking story. Sometimes I get so sick that I go under 97. And sometimes I have been as big as 135. Not because I'm a lazy person that doesn't exercise and doesn't try to eat right. It's because I have medical conditons. So, I get surgeries, get put on and off medications, I get sick, I have to go on medically prescribed diets. So, someone can look at me and think I'm too thin or too fat, due to them thinking it's some fault of my own, but often times it's out of my control. Same goes for a lot of other people. Yea, some of them are simply lazy, don't eat right, and don't exercise. But, a lot of them are the way they are because it's either natural for them to be that weight, or something else is happening. Also, if the person is the weight they are because they're lazy, don't eat right, and exercise... that's on them, not for other people to judge. I can understand if it's out of concern, TRUE CONCERN for someone that is close, and you know well. Then that's fine. Maybe. Because the situation might not be as easy as you think it is. Like I said they might have a medical condition, or something. But, if it's just someone you barely know, or maybe even a complete stranger, then you can't judge.

Just yesterday I got called fat. So, people need to shut the fuck up already, especially considering all of these "educated guesses" are base on someone's appearance. Not their actual health, just how their body looks with the weight that they have.

1 person likes this.
  8. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I consider myself to be a very down to earth, spiritual dude. I've browsed this and I hope you don't mind the opinion of a man. You can tell me to go screw myself if you want, ha ha. I think as long as your vitals are good and your spirit is full then you're good. A lot of us see flaws in ourselves I think. I've always wanted big pecs lol and I have yet to accomplish that to my liking but I'm fine with it. I do get that it's easy to say to someone else. I think it's shitty that people are making you feel like you're either too thin or too fat (which to me it doesn't sound like it's either). No one should make you feel ashamed about your body. There are all kinds of body types out there and I think there is a percentage of people who just find themselves to be "high and mighty". If you for your own sake want to gain or lose a few pounds in a healthy manner then go for it... but do it because you want to. Not because one person thinks one thing or another. Again, right now I have a trim, full beard and like 6 months ago someone pointed out the grays that were sneaking in there and I shaved it even though I liked it. Then I decided, fuck it... I'm going to grow it back. By another person I was told the little bit of grays were sexy. There are a million opinion out there but wear what makes you feel good, cute or comfortable (however you're feeling that day). I'm not trying to be a know-it-all. I grew up with 2 sisters and we're all really close so I've had to metaphorically break a few guys' noses if ya catch my drift.

9. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

You're a beautiful man. So.

The whole beard situation, one person pointing it out while another saying that it's sexy.. that's exactly what I'm saying. And the even sadder part about this whole thing is that I bet the person who pointed the greys out were doing it in an aloof, yet nice way. Like it's totally okay to say that. They don't even realize. So, it doesn't even have to be a direct insult, "Like ew... you're getting fat!". You can say something like, "Ah, you're getting fat!". Not that I haven't been directed insulted for the body that I have. But, I have gotten a lot of aloof, yet nice comments, that are equally offensive as a direct insult. Fuck, a backhanded complimented can fuck with you too. For example saying, "You're lucky you're skinny". Oh, I'm sorry is me wearing size 0 jeans making you feel self conscious? I'll level with you. I'm fucking short, you dumbass, so everything will be smaller on me than it would be on you. Also, I've been taking this medication that has been making me poop everywhere, and not eat well. So, there... now we both feel self conscious. Oh, and thank you for thinking I'm dumb that I wouldn't notice your passive aggressiveness. Now, go fuck yourself. I'm going to go fuck myself in this corner. See you tomorrow. Byeeeeeeee!

10. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

But, to be fair.. I know some people say things because they just simply don't know better. They're not trying to insult you. They're not knowingly giving you a backhanded compliment. They're not commenting about you in this aloof, yet nice manner. They're saying something that seems positive to them. For example the whole 'real women have curves' thing. A lot of people say that because they don't how insulting it truly is to basically all women. Even a fellow woman can make this mistake. Or telling a girl that secretly has a eating disorder that she looks great being that skinny. Even people who are thin say that's not okay to say. But, to be fair... the person doesn't know that this girl has a eating disorder. They think she is naturally that skinny, and to them that looks like a healthy skinny.

People just don't know better sometimes. Maybe even a lot of the time.

That's why it's better to just stop talking about someone else's body. If you want to talk about their looks, tell them that they're beautiful.

11. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I understand your point of view and if that is how you feel and you voice it especially people should respect that. I know a couple, a man and a woman, who were both diabetic and decided they wanted to go down a healthier road. The man lost over 100 lbs and the woman lost about 60. Both of them told me they felt so good when people noticed their lifestyle changes and pointed out their weight loss. I don't think it's always a negative thing because not everyone takes it the same way. I do feel, however, that if you are commented on and you say flat out, hey that makes me feel uncomfortable, then people should respect that 100%.

12. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Totally. :)

13. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"I feel I've gotten both kinds of comments because have always been average."

No, you've gotten comments because people have loose mouths. Your body isn't the source of those comments, their mouths are.

3 people like this.
  14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

g-d love you, Mike!
    Thanks for being an HF treasure.