The arab spring revolution has failed.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Resistance isn't futile, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

I'm not a fan of Noam Chomsky but often the man does make sense.
    He said that there's a formula in where a western supported *autocrat* is deposed by his people. It entails continuing to support him to the very end and then when all the problems have subsided to do what is needed to restore the regime to former situation, normally with another autocrat that will do similar.

Looks like that has happended.

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Wow, that's good. In the big picture, I see a pattern. In most Middle East countries, where America supports the dictators, there is no freedom or democracy. America has supported the royal family in Saudi Arabia since 1936. Their human rights record is dismal. There is no democracy. In Kuwait, the excuse was that America was going to liberate Kuwait. That royal family has an iron heel over its people. There is no democracy. In Bahrain, America supports a Sunni royal over a majority of Shia people. There again you have no democracy. In Libya, the new government is a psychotic mob. the list goes on. And I wonder where America's national interest is in all of this?

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oil and nothing else.

4. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Great posts. I don't think that the Arab Spring has,nesessarily,failed though. Maybe its in the slogan-Spring-as if you can be certain of achieving Democracy through a brief revolution. Its taken the West centuries to get to what pass for democracies now,as you have already pointed out.

Given that they've had parasitical Superpowers meddling in their affairs for centuries, the Arabs are a great people,give them time. They'll get there.

5. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Well hey, the Articles of Confederation failed on the first attempt of the USA for independence.

It wasn't until the 2nd try, and then later the war of 1812, that the United States of America kinda got somewhat solid foundations.

Egypt's story isn't over quite yet.

I'm more concerned about Syria atm, and the use of chemical weapons on their own people.

6. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I think one needs to keep in mind that "democracy" in the middle east, and indeed outside the western world as a whole, isn't going to look like what we're used to. Nor should we ever expect it to. There are cultural factors at play there that we don't have in the West.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The so-called "Arab Spring" was the work of our own CIA. That is not even a conspiracy theory, but a fact. Look up the organization OTPOR, which played a fundamental role in the uprising, and where their funding and training comes from. Not surprising, because this fake uprising only plays into what Western interests want, which is their own authorized puppets in power. Sometimes it's easier simply to turn the people against their leaders, making them do the dirty work of the imperialists, than to go in and completely obliterate a country like with did with Iraq.

Of course the Arab Spring failed. It was the work of intelligence agencies -- not a grassroots uprising of the people. Not even close. It was as grassroots as Obama's two presidential campaigns.

Below is a very non-conspiratorial, mainstream documentary that points at the truth about the Arab Spring and the powerful organizations that were behind it. Ironically, but perhaps not surprisingly, the same group was linked to protests in this country that began about two years ago, which were so ironically dubbed the "American Autumn" (AKA Occupy Wall Street).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpXbA6yZY-8"]The Revolution Business - World - YouTube

Also, Noam Chomsky is a dangerous and disingenuous propagandist who weaves half-truths with blatant lies, targeting the political left and getting people into a dialectical left vs. right mentality, avoiding the bigger picture of why things are happening in the world the way they are.

8. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Whatever the truth may or may not be... nothing surprises me anymore.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

You obviously don't know shit about Chomsky you slanderous twerp.
    :biker:
    Show me one blatant lie hes told.

If he targets anything it's the misuse of power, left or right.

Chomsky knows more about the "big picture" than most people on the entire fucking planet.

10. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Pressed Rat, why would the CIA fund the left to pull down Dictators who are already puppets of the US & then engineer their eventual replacement with new puppets ?

11. odonII

odonII O

:smilielol5:

12. odonII

odonII O

I think including the CIA makes it sound more clandestine...

Partial OTPOR funding:

The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a private, nonprofit foundation dedicated to the growth and strengthening of democratic institutions around the world. Each year, with funding from the US Congress, NED supports more than 1,000 projects of non-governmental groups abroad who are working for democratic goals in more than 90 countries.

http://www.ned.org/

http://www.ned.org/docs/annual/2002AnnualReport.pdf