The apprehension

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by HashtagInterested, Dec 24, 2019.

1. HashtagInterested

HashtagInterested Members

Imagine 13 guys who been hanging out for about three years. We'll set this in modern times. They only have two 9mm hand guns. A guy named Peter has one of them.

The authorities are out to get their leader. So, the authorities come up on the gang, all but the preist have ak 47's and they are prepared to riddle the entire crew full of lead ... If their leader refuses to go.

Anyway, Peter quickly draws his 9mm and shoots the preist in the ear. Their leader, without hesitation, looks at him and says ". Whoa whoa whoa .... Put the gun down! He's like what ... Do you think I can summon a multitude of help on spot to get us outta this? Put you gun down ... He who lives by the gun will die by the gun. Look around man ... We have two and one hasn't been been drawn yet. They all have them and they're automatics.

Two hand guns against at least 12 assault weapons and these guys freaking hate us! No ... I'll go willingly. They're after me anyway.

That was Jesus and his crew way back when. He literally gave his life for his friends. They were his friends. The ones he walked with and talked with and ate with and lived with and who he gave up his life for.

That's how it went ...

2. HashtagInterested

Now, I think his crew grew exponentially the last 2000 or so years. Some would still expect him to suffer and die and get apprehended, while others who have become shepherds themselves are like ... You ain't gonna touch him this time around.

I like this clip. I think it's fitting to the thread.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Shoot.. The crossfire would be spectacular.

4. I really don't think the disciples of Christ were hardened thugs and terrorists. I don't remember a story of Peter cutting off Jesus's ear for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

They were probably just sitting around going "yep" and then the sentrymen bust the door down.

ZenKarma likes this.
  5. HashtagInterested

Yeah ... Umm the authorities came to apprehend Jesus. Peter drew his sword to protect Jesus. He cut the ear off a preist who was with the Roman troop.

I think once thugs turned peaceful mild mannered men. Tax collectors, drinkers, fishermen, etc. But yeah, I don't remember Peter cutting off Jesus ear either, but he cut off the preist ear, then they apprehended Jesus scourged him to a bloody pulp nailed him in a cross for a day, stabbed him with a spear, then put him in a tomb covered with a big stone or rock.

But yeah ... They had no chance of survival had they resisted anymore than they did, and since Jesus was a friend he went willingly instead of insisting they fight and all die. I guess that's why the legend and ministry and story lives on. They lived to tell about it. .

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've played enough video games to know that this is an easy situation to get out of.

7. HashtagInterested

The games are fun. My friend went military intelligence. He designed virtual war simulation games. Pretty cool stuff, but I don't know much about it. ;)

Some can walk into a building full of hostiles and be the only one to walk out. Sometimes drones are utilized. I wonder though ... I never played the war games much, aside from the tanker ones.

I only played asteroids for 7 hours in a single game. Galaxa for about the same. Umm, I saved the princess a few times over in an old arcade game I remember playing years ago. Missle command? Well, that just got real messy. I didn't like it. I prefer, as you suggested, being a bit more surgical in application.

8. HashtagInterested

Ohh, a couple years back the church gave me an airborne beenie, which is a ground Frontline type of special operations division. My job was with an airborne unit in the 90's but we did our ground operations here in the states. It was fun, but dangerous. There were only a year that I didn't think I was gonna die before making it back to home base. That went in daily for about four years,. The ptsd I guess carried over for another full year then started declining after. It was a long process, but I'm not an on paper military guy. I never have been. Corey would say it's a secret and you know it. Others just say classified. I just say u drive a truck/van as a messenger.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The angels in my life all carry Phase Plasma rifles in the 40 Watt range.

10. The Legend, Jesus Christ

11. HashtagInterested

Did you ever watch Jesus Christ super star? I remember years ago watching one with that title. John Lennon is a legend too. Hell, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, man ... There's a lot of legends in this world.

I once saw someone walk up to a guy with baby in arm. He said have you accepted jesus' sacrifice for your sins, that he gave his life to save yours? The guy with the baby replied yes yes I have. The guy who asked the question then looked at the baby then the man and said ... "What if he was Jesus"? Then he walked off.

12. Maybe it was Jesus.

13. HashtagInterested

Maybe he was little big man.