The Anonymity Impossibility

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Joshua Tree, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Sober reading. Tin hats at the ready.

The Anonymity Impossibility: Stats, Surveys, and Figures - Attentiv

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

You can already buy a processor that comes with classical circuitry which is, more or less, guaranteed to be uncrackable. The EU is seriously pursuing creating the first public quantum encryption system, but we'll have to wait to find out how successful they are. US federal employees and companies they approve of have quantum encryption in their laptops and cellphones, but that is strictly controlled technology. You can use their quantum encryption system, only with their permission and if they get to listen in on everything.

This is nothing more than an extension of the fact that guns and other modern weapons have always decided the cost of anything in the modern world. However, a recent experiment used the Quantum Zeno Effect to produce the first unbreakable quantum code, which is unbreakable because it doesn't require mass or energy to send information. The newest supercomputers are roughly as powerful as the human brain, will become a million times more powerful over the next two decades, and all they have to do is keep assembling pieces to the puzzle in order to gain greater insights, because pattern matching rules the universe. In other words, the machines themselves may eventually become the only ones we can't keep secrets from.

3. Joshua Tree

There's a difference between online encryption and being tracked. If they can find out where you are on the Internet they can come knocking on your door, regardless of what encryption you use.

desert-rat likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hello sir,
    We've seen you post on HF
    That'll be 25 years imprisonment.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  5. wooleeheron

Nobody owns encryption systems, anymore than anyone owns the laws of nature or mathematics. Either you pay attention to who is holding the guns to your head or you don't, and encryption is the least of your problems. Think of an encryption system as a private language, and lawyers with guns insist you sell it to them.

I use fuzzy logic in everything I write, because you either comprehend it or you don't, and there is no way the idiots who only care about money and guns are going to comprehend half of what I say.

6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

My biggest problem with subscribing to a VPN....

Who's to say that the VPN service is not collecting data on you, or vulnerable to account info database hacks in the future?

7. wooleeheron

Its empire baby, and this train ain't stopping until she derails. The current push for big data and everyone stealing everybody else's secrets, reflect the fact the next scientific revolution is beginning and nobody has a clue what the hell is going on. I'm a military brat, and it is all too obvious to me that the invention of things like the steam engine and telegraph led to the civil war, the invention of washing machines, cars, radios, etc. led to WWI, and WII led to most of what we have today, but we are already moving beyond all the known theories into dark territory!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  8. Joshua Tree

I know that no one owns encryption protocols; That was not my point. My point is that encrypting your IP traffic does not guarantee anonymity..Even normal HTTPS traffic uses 128 bit or 256 bit encryption, but you can be seen on the Internet if you don't have a VPN. If you use high-level encryption, that could attract attention to you from the authorities. They might look at the signal and decide they want to hack it out of curiosity as to what you're up to. Then the door bell rings.

9. wooleeheron

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, because nothing is more insane than people with guns and money, but you cannot attack what you cannot comprehend, and I tell people you have to be smarter than a damned chicken. Give the fucking chickens what they demand, bots that will spout whatever bullshit they want, bots they will love to argue with so they can argue with real people, bots they will love to use against trolls online, bots that will spout complete gibberish if that's what they want. They are fucking chickens, give them something to peck at, encourage them to peck at each other, and steal their eggs.

I tell Libertarians I will only take conservatives seriously after they replace every bureaucrat in DC with AI programs. Smaller government and lower taxes is just rhetoric for angry chickens who have no clue they could already replace half the people on the federal payroll and most in their state governments. They are complete assholes, who need to be reminded of just how stupid they are, making it fucking illegal to even vote for Mickey Mouse. Thankfully, they are so stupid they are killing themselves and each other, and not even reproducing, and encouraging them to just be themselves is the best way to control their population.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  10. Joshua Tree

Private Internet Access and NordVPN do not keep server logs. And you can pay for their services with BitCoin.

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Oh, they use an unethical parasitic lottery currency used by internet criminals...

They must be honest and trustworthy services then!

12. Joshua Tree

You don't have to use them if you don't want to. But if you want some degree of anonymity then a VPN is your only option.

13. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

14. HashtagInterested

HashtagInterested Members

Interesting, I thought the reason for was to kinda get yourself "out there" ya know? I mean, if you're not you or at least don't want to be, or if you want to remain umm … "undercover" so to speak, then how can you expect to get yourself out there where you likely need to be? It's a big universe ya know? Ripples and waves and signals and a lot of folks who and yes … I said who truly do care... Like John Lennon and a whole lot of greats who've already went before us. That's the world wide web, or is it the universal web?

Ohh the webs we weave … Where might you end up given what you post on the internet?

15. HashtagInterested

HashtagInterested Members

It isn't that much a head scratcher really. I mean, on an ocean or a lake a single pebble tossed in creates ripples across the entire body of, vibrations and all that came with the pebble hitting the water.

16. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Recent news, NordVPN was hacked. They rent server space from third parties.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Just setup a sim card with someone elses ID you stole

18. If you have social media accounts put them to private. Just so that your bosses and work mates know that you are a fond user of them.
    I know there are some groups on social media. If you use social media i suggest that you make the group private and only to do with your work