The ambience of hot summer nights

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 16, 2013.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

last night was super nice, rat. granted i was on psychedelics...but it was really nice. the clouds and the moon particularly.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Summer has been awesome here this year, more like the summers I remember as a kid. For the last ten years or so it's gotten way too hot way too early in the year. This year we actually had a spring with warm but cooler temps, and even though it's gotten hotter in the past few weeks it has still been pleasant and not miserably hot.

I love summer nights here. I started hearing the cicadas a couple of nights ago.

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

We rarely get hot summer nights, the kind you can stay out all night with just a pair of shorts on, no shoes, no shirt...I love that

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I love Penn's Woods, all the seasons.

Fall is the season I usually like the best, but summer is really good also.
    Although I really prefer cool summer nights as opposed to hot ones.
    So far its been hot a few days, cool a few days, and rainy a few days...perfect.

And I'd like to write some more but my wife is calling me to go sit out on the patio and drink some wine.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDY4nR1IqCs"]Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime - Good sound - YouTube

5. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I like the Summer months but hate the very hot days we sometimes get here.
    Makes it harder to get to sleep & even harder if trying to get comfortable & cooler.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Actually, things really shaped up this afternoon. It's beautiful out there now.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

we had just a few nice days..summer really sucks this year ..last year was awesome weather

my best summer day was a few years ago when i decided to go for a night swim in the lake ...it was one of the hottest days and this lake is nice and cool because its so deep...i almost fell asleep floating there (i like to use a pfd and just float)..the sky above was crystal clear full of stars (theres no street lights in that town) and there was a distant thunder and lightning show....then to top it off there was a house way down the lake hosting a party and they were playing the oldies radio station...all you could hear was distant tunes and the bats once in a while flying low across the water..the water was calm no waves no wind

i could live in that moment for an eternity

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the ambiance of hot summer nights is stinky stinky sweat sweat sweat. thanx but no thanx.

9. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Summer evenings are wonderful, I don't have a patio or anywhere to sit, but I do have a small 'porch' at the entrance to my apartment, both my door and my neighbors door open onto it and then it turns to the left into stairs and leads onto a sidewalk between the next building opening out on the one end to the street and on the other to our parking lot; an alley, in other words. It is also elevated; our apartment is above an insurance agents office, and the office is on the street level, however our apartment is set back so that only half of it is above the office, the other half is ground level. It's difficult to explain and so I can't really relay the view, but anyway I enjoy opening my front door at night and standing out on this 'porch' and reading, or listening to music and taking in the warm weather and the sounds of the all the people moving around town. It gets very quiet after about 2am and is only interrupted by passing cars and the drunks walking home. I really enjoy standing there by candlelight and because it's covered I can stand there during thunderstorms, too.

10. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

best part of summer is when the sun goes down

11. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Few things are more pleasant than a summer night walk.

12. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

A few co-workers and I went down to this small bar near the Key Bridge down in the City. (Baltimore) It was right on the water. We sat on the deck, which is part of a Boat Dock. I got to drink some nice beer and watch the sun set over the water. It was amazing.