The agenda of low salt campaigns.

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Bilby, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

First of all if you are one of the 9% of the population that has high blood pressure aka Hyper-tension then you should indeed watch how much salt you consume.
    There is also 10% of the population that has low blood pressure. This might seem desirable but can be fatal. So why all the low salt is good for everyone messages we constantly hear? I say it is marketing. Salt is found in all sorts of processed foods, not just savory foods. Examples are chocolate biscuits and breakfast cereals. Low blood pressure is something that runs in my family. One of my sisters got addicted to breakfast cereals as a teenager. My Dad could not stop eating chocolate digestive biscuits.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the agenda of high salt campaigns is to kill us all off young to keep the turnover of the gullable to get rich off of us.
    excessese of anything, up down or sideways are what they are, and yes of course, too little of anything CAN be an excess too,
    but sorry i can't keep curiosity as to motivation of each complaint, just the same as of the thing its about.
    i know that aggressive inconsiderateness is at the root of every cultural, social, governmental, et al, structural flaw of which people whine and scream consipiracy.

tjr1964 likes this.
  3. Coz the Shroom

Coz the Shroom Members

Struggles with obesity have taught me that low sodium is no friend to your health. It makes you insulin resistant, which is actually the first symptom of type 2 diabetes. My experience is that long ago when I thought of it as a "diet" I did a low carb thing and lost 60 lbs in 4 months. But I thought of it as "dieting" and of course gained it all back. Then I got high blood pressure and cut the salt out of my diet. When I had finally learned not to diet but to change my eating habits I did an even more carb restricted diet and found that after 4 months I had only lost 15 lbs. After much research I came to the conclusion that restricting my sodium and over indulging on caffiene had caused me to plateu and stay stuck. When I cut out the caffine and started salting my food again the pounds melted off and I threw my blood pressure medication ever since. roughly staying within 10 lbs of my target weight within a year and keeping it in that range for the next six years until present. Lowering my sodium barely lowered my blood pressure at all. Increasing my sodium to support a ketogenic diet restored my health.

I would hear out any conspiracy regarding this because my doctor didn't act surprised that when I came in her office 60 pounds lighter I no longer needed the lisinopril. Yet she brought in a cardiologist (that I don't need) who told me I was only going to have keep taking the meds for the rest of my life, and increasing my dossage over the years as the body adapted.

tjr1964 likes this.
  4. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not partaking in any conspiracy theory rubbish but just to say, the messages pertaining to diet are generalizations and anyone who blindly applies them to their own diet, may be unwise. We all know how good green vegetables are, right? Yet my best friend is intolerant to most. I've always followed the 'everything in moderation', mantra - loosely, without really thinking about it.

I went to a kinesiologist who identified my heartburn and swelled stomach were caused by gluten and in particular the whole grain. Caseine too, the protein in milks.
    I cut the 'bad' stuff out and ate those things which she hadn't ruled out (for a 6 week period).
    With no hunger, I lost about 18lbs and within a couple of days my swollen stomach was gone so too, the heartburn. No issues since and when I need to lose a bit, I know what things to cut out.

Maybe I am fortunate in that I am not addicted to anything really. However, to get to my point; there isn't really one rule for everyone, when it comes to diet.
    My kinesiologist explained it and what she advised worked for me. And my then partner and another friend.

We all had different issues and intolerances and she gave us a clear list of the things each of us (tailored to each of us) shouldn't eat.
    I choose proper Irish creamery butter and proper (minimally refined), sugar. Gluten-free bread, when I eat bread/toast.

(My local bakery makes it with a texture of sponge cake which is great compared to the dense mass-produced stuff).
    Of course, the biggest thing to try to achieve is to eat food with fewest preservatives and chemicals in it.

5. Bilby

Good post but off topic.

6. Bilby

Give me some example of high salt campaigns.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

45.4% of Americans have high blood pressure. About 70% of Americans will have high blood pressure in their lifetimes. What's more, only 1 in 4 patients with hypertension have their blood pressure under control (the prevalence of hypotension is 29.3%).
    I'm hypertensive. My mate watched a Youtube vid extolling the virtues of salt, then made me a kale smoothie with what seemed to be a cup of sea salt in it (yes; there are worse things in life than kale smoothies; kale smoothies made with seawater with a salinity equivalent to Utah's Great Salt Lake).
    I reminded her that some random guy's Youtube video doesn't overrule my neurocardiologist's decade of medical school and 30 years experience and training.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 364 - April 2020

Prevalence of hypotension and its association with cognitive function among older adults - PubMed

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The SA node, also known as the sinus node, represents a crescent-like shaped cluster of myocytes divided by connective tissue, spreading over a few square millimeters. It is located at the junction of the crista terminalis in the upper wall of the right atrium and the opening of the superior vena cava.
    These nodes control both the rate and pressure applied by the heart muscles and work like a simple battery, using the concentration of Calcium. Sodium and Potassium in your arterial blood. It is therefore important that your digestive system absorbs the correct levels.
    Being a main constituent of our body, Calcium forms the base line.
    Sodium is the major problem, since flooding the digestive system with salt (Sodium Chloride), can result in over absorption. Low Sodium salt is Magnesium Chloride.
    Potassium is only a trace element in the human body, but vital for the heart. Since it does not break down in our blood plasma, a regular supply is not needed. Eating fresh green vegetables is normally sufficient. A high potassium level triggers almost immediate cardiac arrest and often leaves the patient 'Flatline' where they cannot be resuscitated. Therefore taking Potassium tablets is very dangerous, particularly if a gastric ulcer bleeds or bursts.
    Adding a few ml's of Potassium Chloride to their drips, was the method used by Harold Shipman to finish his elderly patients off.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. wilsjane

Sorry. Do I have to write 100 lines.? :D:D

I just call it expanding a topic and creating a fuller understanding.

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeh, a friend of mine was allergic to an anti-biotic prescribed by the GP. Instead of calling him, she endured for four days, the inability to hold down food and water.
    Then it was time to see him - she felt rubbish - and by then, potassium and sodium had dropped she was on the 'verge' of having a heart attack. Oxygen levels were down to about 91%.
    Bananas were said to be excellent for building up potassium. Just said for added information.

11. wilsjane

Antibiotics are the most incorrectly prescribed medication on the planet, since they have no effect on viruses. They should only be used during the bacterial stage, to prevent pneumonia leading to septicemia, or renal failure spreading to other organs in the digestive system. While some doctors use them early to prevent the bacterial stage it is dangerous, because if the bacterial stage is only delayed, they will then not work when you need them. This resulted in several deaths during covid.
    The NHS became so concerned that this warning advert was shown on UK television. It made me laugh, because antibiotics are not available to the public.
    What they must have been saying was,,,, Go to your doctor and get some antibiotics,,,, Take them home,,,, Then flush them down the toilet.

Your friend needs to find out which antibiotics triggered her allergic reaction, quite likely penicillin, then make sure that it is added to her medical file.
    The biggest problem when the digestive system is unable to retain food is actually the water. We can live for 3 weeks without food, but only 3 days without water. The moment that dehydration starts to occur, the patient should be put on a saline drip to maintain blood plasma levels, since it is the plasma that carries minerals to the heart.
    You are correct about bananas providing natural potassium.

This is the advert that I mentioned.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Bananas have about 422 mg potassium.
    RDA for an adult male; 3,400 mg.

13. Bilby

What an extraordinary difference of stats considering Australia and the USA are similar countries in many ways.Could it be that there is different number definitions for the two countries?
    wilsjane what are the stats for the UK?
    I am glad the second link mentioned,
    " The negative effect of hypertension has overshadowed possible health problems associated with hypotension."
    Let's not forget Hypotension can be fatal.
    I cleaned up my diet. | Hip Forums

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    ~Zen~ likes this.