The Abortion debate is so simple.

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Inquiring-Mind, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

Do women own their bodies or does society? If women own their bodies then the debate is over because they know what is best for them. If you say society then this leads to many other questions.

It comes down to freedom of choice or control.

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Women own their bodies.

3. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No, they don't. People's bodies are not owned, even by themselves. Bodies can not be sold.

(Yeah, I know. The cultural disorder of seeing everything in comercial terms where everything is owned by someone is not the topic of this thread.)

Women should control their own bodies!

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I think it's moreso does the mother "own" the fetus/embryo, or does it "own" itself - therefore have a right to live

(prochoice btw)

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm very pro-choice, but I wouldn't exactly say the debate is simple. The reprecussions of both sides should be weighed very carefully, and such an important thing shouldn't be taken for granted.

6. spooner

spooner is done.

I firmly believe in a chick's right to choose, on the other hand, I just as firmly believe her choice says much about her character.

7. revolution_time

revolution_time Member

it's all about, "to each their own". one side will never convince the other side that they are right. i'm personally pro-choice. it's all about what the woman wants.

8. OleFlowerMan

OleFlowerMan Member

I just found out my 17 year old daughter had an abortion....guess that's why she won't talk to me anymore....Im very sad...getting stoned doesn't help this sadness either

9. BeatlesGirl04

BeatlesGirl04 Member

It's almost like the "What Came First? The Chicken or The Egg" debate, there is no "right" answer. But I believe that that choice should be avalible and not taken away! (pro-choice)

10. Pmeth

Pmeth Member

The debate is...
    Women own there bodys
    but the baby owns his body too.

I agree with Pro Choice , but im just playing devils advicate here for as ec.

11. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

This makes no sense.

12. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

On the one forum I often link to from here...there is an 11 page heated debate on abortion that branched from a stem cell debate.

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff people were saying. One guy even advocating forcing surgeries on pregnant women to removed the embryo/fetus and transplant into a willing woman if the pg woman wanted to opt for abortion.

That comment induced a classic Otter-rant inwhich I got threatened to be banned from making. Yay!! Good times.

13. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

14. Biida

Biida Member

Sure it does. It states the general idea of each side of the debate; it just condenses everything.

Pro-choice says that a woman can do with her body as she wills,

While those against abortion say that the baby has a body and deserves a right to life.

Baddaboom baddabing.

15. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

An Error Has Occurred!
    The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

16. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

That's ghey.

I wonder why that is..the thread is open. maybe they shut the forums down from guest visitors.

17. lola78

lola78 Member

The abortion theory is simple. Don't want one-don't have one. I am sorry but a woman has every right to decide how, what and who will be in her body.

18. Zajko

Zajko Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm sorry to say this, but in today's society women (and men as well) do NOT own their own bodies. If we did, then making our own decisions as to what herbs and medicines to feed our bodies would not be a crime.

19. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

Women own their bodies. Once society or a government intervenes, then we have a problem. It's scarey when an outside force tells you what to do with your body. This is when women start to develop mental disorders.

20. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Well one could argue with that statement because does the baby own his/her body?
    But Im not to sure on where to stand on this issuse it has its pros and cons. But your right it comes down to choice....life Vs. death.