The 60's!

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Two Spirits Dancing, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

I like the music of the 60s much more than of the of 70s! And I`m so sad, that I can`t see most of my favourite singers in concert nowadays any more.

2. YES I CANNABIS

YES I CANNABIS Member

^
    i feel the same way, luv!

3. shanique

shanique Member

The 60's always amazing. After "Spuknic" started the inspiration of outer planet-earth. The all time classic "Space Oddysey" arised to remind human to get out the box. The "exotica" sound awake the silence of space that use to be absent.Follow by Space Age B. Pad, Jet set, Coctail, Incredible strange to actual "Outsider". The art work was totally beyond ordinary. The "Pop,Op and Psycedelic art" made 2 dimentions can be more. The graphic was truely unique and can fill the mood of today retro design easily. This age is the age of making the flatness to be true 4 dimensions. Many design icons were happened, as you may see that many famous chairs nowaday was borned in this special period. So I love this age so much and want to study it more.

4. JimiHendrix

JimiHendrix Member

damn i wish i could've lived in the sixty's it sounds like the best times to live in and artist actually played live not like now were they play pre recored so they fake that they're playing....

5. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

the best music from the 70s was made in early 70s and were carry over from the mid and late 60s ,alice cooper,emerson lake palmer,ted nugent,grand funk railroad,the who,the guest who, pink floyd, and many more were either allready a form band from the late or mid 60s or they were fairly young adults from that era "black sabbath" also many bands from the late 60s broke up in early 70s and form other bands "many of them for the worse" but the early 70s produce the best solid albums instead of bands with a few single hits. led zep I,II,III,IV, or The Allman Brothers Band live at Filmore or James Gang live at Filmore,Pink floyd ,JOE WALSH from the james gang. or Neil Young from CSNY,Santana really got going in early 70s also the best acid music came from band like "YES" in early 70s only iron butterfly 1 song or Spirit =Mechanical world could rival "YES" "close to the edge" "starship trooper" . I LOVE THE MID 60S LATE 60S but music wise is very hard to beat the music from the early 70s specially 1970 71" 72"73" after 1974 i did not care for the rest of the 70s music wise. also in early 70s was when most famous band did the most concert tours and concert tickets were fairly cheap i saw black sabbath in 1972 and 73 both under $8.00 $6.50 or $7.00 was the everage price.

6. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

i migh add also many of the late 60s bands produce theyr best albums in early 70s it seems they had reach theyr peak of peformance in early 70s,like The WHO " Whos next" from 1966 to 1969 most bands were better known for a few great hits some only single hits. only a few bands had solid albums in the 60s like The Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Doors, and a few more you can fill in .. by the 70s people demanded a album with at least 5 good songs in it or more. and they keept the promise and deliver it to us. and again in early 70s just like the 60s many of the monster single hits were produce in the early 70s .