The 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maelstrom, Feb 3, 2013.

1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Kids will do anything, it's not their fault if an adult screws up in protecting them.

Even if there was a "leave loaded gun in kid's reach" gene (which there is not) darwin himself was strongly against the idea of "social darwinism".

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

So, if my son...when he's 3 or 4 goes to a friends house and his friend accidentally shoots him because the friends parents left a gun out... then it's just Darwinism that that happened?

I guess what I'm getting at is it doesn't just weed out the stupid people- but innocents who have nothing to do with those families..

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

What I'm getting at is it should not be the responsibility of the state to preemptively safeguard the offspring of idiots, at the expense of everyone else.

Not that exposing your child to a dangerous object should be a parental right, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. This is getting out of hand. Pretty soon it is going to be illegal to do things like breastfeed in a place where someone might see some boob or nipple, causing them to go on a raping spree.

4. DocWho

DocWho Member

:bobby: They want to take away your saturday-nite special and AR-15 semi-auto rifle to "save lives."

> Well... just Think about this - How many lives would be saved if the U.S. Government & the Inter-national Arms Dealers
    ( who buy "surplus" from the U.S. ) were not selling SHIP LOADS of military grade weapons of all sorts to every Tin-Horn Dictator, Two-Bit General & Crazed-Terr0rist who has the $$$ to Buy'em & then use'em to commit Mass-Murder in those
    Prison camps they call Homelands!

> Everytime CNN broadcasts our troops in battle, it's a free ad for the newest military hardware, some South American Military officer see these weapons in action and thinks, Gee... if I had some of those new Smart B0mbs, no-one could push me around!!! And who's gonna sell it to them... We Are!!!

> These Anti-Gun Fanatics are Phony's & Hypocrites! :argue:

> Simply owning something should not be illegal, whether is a .22, machine gun, Bazooka or a pound of opium, using it to harm someone else should!
    :peace:

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Can you explain this law to me? Are cops going to routinely check on people's guns (4th and 9th amendment violations) to make sure they are locked up - or does this just ensure the parents are locked up after the kid is already dead?

Do kids really just go over to friends houses at 3 or 4? That just seems young. When I have kids I will talk to the parents I'm sure, to ask them about it but also let them know I have firearms. Which at that point would be fully secured. But I figure it's common respect to let them know there are firearms in my house.

The problem is you never know if that other parent is telling the truth, 'oh yeah my guns are locked up and 100% secure' yet there's a .45 sitting on the coffee table. God I hope I'm not one of those overbearing and paranoid parents lol. I definitely am going to be protective about a lot of shit if I have a daughter.

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Very well said, cheers :cheers2:

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ifsomething happened to my kid because a friend's parent left a gun in an easily accessible place, I would like to see them charged with some kind of negligence charge. I don't think it should be a law that your gun has to be locked up. Obviously there is no constitutional way to enforce that. But that's really just common sense. If someone is stupid enough to leave their gun where their children could get it that is criminal in my eyes and I think it could be treated as such without interfering with current gun laws. I think it falls under some kind of involuntary manslaughter or gross child neglect at best.

8. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I could be wrong but I think it already does. I'm sure it varies by jurisdiction but I bet a lot of people get charged in those situations.

9. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Could you put that in context? Everyone I know who is pro-2nd amendment is pro-Constitution and rights of the people above that of those we elect to govern us at the Federal level.

10. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

11. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

no darwinism is more like a bunch of kids taking a 6 shooter, loading 5 rounds and leaving 1 chamber empty and then deciding to play russian roulette.

12. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

The 2nd Amendment Hysteria:

brought to you by…

believers in the two other g talking points: gawd and gays.

… carry on …

13. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I predict the Second Amendment will be repealed. It may not happen for 50 years, but some day. Eventually US citizens will realize that it is outdated and has simply encouraged violence, suicide, and the killing of animals.

14. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm not religious but if someone else wants to be, that's fine with me. Same goes for 'gays'.

I had a good friend on here a few years ago that always used to say she couldn't stand the fact that so many posters think they are so hip and open minded, but they are just as closed minded as anyone else. I didn't think about it much at the time, but she was dead on.

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I know what you're saying but... these things with kids happen all the time. There should be something... a test about gun safety? Idk..
    and no, 3 or 4 yr olds don't usually just "go over to a friends house" but they do have playdates and stuff.
    And yes, I will talk to any friends parents.
    And yes, I can already tell I'm a paranoid parent... and my kid is a boy...but he's 2. I get really weird about things. When he was 1 he was at a soft play area and a 3 yr old boy pushed him out of the way-hard. Cason was shocked and started to cry and I picked him up and was sayin "oh sweetie.. it's okay..he's just a little boy... he didn't mean it".. meanwhile I'm wishing I could push the kid back haha (no i would never do that... and in any case the kids mom came over then and scolded him and i know that's just how kids are. but yeah... anyone hurts my kid and im like "claws")

who KNOWS how ill be when he's older if anyone bullys him or what not.

On another note- when he's older... lol.. I've seen too much shit for him to get away with things. And I know the bad stuff that can happen (about a lot of things) and I'll probably be really strict- even tho I don't wanna be really.. having kids is pretty scary

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I know plenty of ppl who are all upset over the gun thing but don't give a damn whatsoever about all the ppl sitting in jail for marijuana ... could care less about all the wrongful searches of people's homes and cars and then they get put away with drug charges. That's just one example. I'm just talking about the ppl I'm thinking of that think drugs (including mj) should be federally illegal but don't touch anyones guns.

The ppl. you are talking about I am not talking about either. There is consistency there.

17. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Drugs shouldn't be federally illegal, that's criminalizing both medicine and a public health issue (addiction) at the same time. What about the people that want drugs legal but guns controlled by the gov't?

18. Portalguy

Portalguy Member

I dig gawd, love gays, and hate guns. I have no idea why my fellow countrymen have this obsession with the invisible boogieman coming to get them. My favorite argument is "The government can take my guns from my cold lifeless hands."

Let me ask you this...If you really think the government wanted your guns you'd be able to stop them with your automatic weapon?

Guns are responsible for tons of suicides, murders and assaults in this nation. Don't give me that its bad people not guns BS. If you live in a nation full of bad people should you be getting them guns? I think not. That's insane logic.

19. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

There is no god, and I have nothing against homosexuals. That said, you're need to feel faux safety doesn't trump my constitutional rights.