The 20 Biggest Poseurs in Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lucifer Sam, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I didn't make this list, but I agree with most of it and think that it's pretty solid.

01.) Limp Bizkit
    02.) Nickelback
    03.) Vanilla Ice
    04.) Ashlee Simpson
    05.) Kid Rock
    06.) Kelly Osbourne
    07.) Five for Fighting
    08.) Three Days Grace
    09.) Avril Lavigne
    10.) Nelly
    11.) Bowling for Soup
    12.) Simple Plan
    13.) Sisqo
    14.) New Found Glory
    15.) Jason Mraz
    16.) Good Charlotte
    17.) Yellowcard
    18.) Taking Back Sunday
    19.) The Darkness
    20.) Jet

This list misses some really bad ones (ICP, Creed, Ricky Martin, Stained, and Three Doors Down come to mind), but it's not bad. If you like one of these artists then... well... you probably suck.

2. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

I don't like that word.

You could have just said "The 20 Suckiest Musicians of the Modern Era".

:)

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I don't like the word either, but that is the word that the author used, so I didn't feel right changing it.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

haha, pretty much agreed

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

that list could EASILY be expanded, haha

I think Creed is off the hook since they broke up, but Scott Stapp could be on there

6. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

This is one of the first lists that I absolutly agree on about everything! They could add more of course, but im satisfied with the 20 they chose.:)

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You forgot Korn.

8. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

should have just titled it total shite lolz

9. Skelter

Skelter Helter

i totally agree with this list!

10. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

yeah me too.

11. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

what are those people posing as?
    I agree with changing it to artists that suck, however.

12. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

they're posing that they're good

13. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

dude Korn was tight....their 1st 4 albums were off the chain!

and head is a pretty good guitar player...i heard him preform another brick in the wall solo and it sounded really good.

14. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I don't know half of the ones on your list.

Slipknot should have been number one. I'm very shocked that they're not even on the list. Not only are they the single worst band on the planet, they aim for teenage fans and what they get, understandibly, is the stupidest bunch of followers one could imagine. "Oh, we're so extreme". Fuck off and go kill yourself.

Dimmu Borgir should have been in there too, they made some great albums but it's become way too theatrical and overdone and their black metal outfits and their newfound "we're still cold and grim" attitude doesn't fit them at all anymore. I'm glad they reach a broader public but their clinging to black metal values (in fact more than two years ago) while their music has strayed so far from black metal has become very awkward and unlikely. I think they do it because they don't want their die-hard black metal fans turning away from them. Shame. They're the pioneers of the industrial-symphonic-blackened-death-metal hybrid, they should just go their own way image-wise like they do musically.

15. jack_helltoy

jack_helltoy Member

Nickleback should have been number 1 on the list ..
    Simple Plan are the most useless, talentless band on planet earth but for shear poseur-ness nothing and nobody can top Nickleback.
    Ok, I take that back..
    There is one thing on earth that would suck worse than Nickleback.
    When Chad Kroeger's ego finally implodes and he goes solo..
    THAT will suck exponentially worse than Nickleback..

I'd add Lenny Kravitz to that list. He once was OK.. but he's been making the same damn album over and over for like 10 years now.. And his lyrics have gotten even more stupid and obscure than they used to be.
    The odd decent hook or riff used to save his songs from the shite pile but the hook well has now obviously gone dry.
    So I nominate Lenny both for his shameless looting of 70s riffs and melodies and for his inability to to come up with anything new for the past decade...

16. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Yeah, I was surprised Lenny wasn't on there too...

They also left out Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Eminem, Green Day, Maroon 5 and various other pop-"punk" bands and rappers. Still a pretty good list tho. :p

They are pretending to be all big and bad or punk or sweet just to sell records... music for the sheeple.

17. Sheebs

Sheebs Member

if your talking about posers i think Avril Lavinge and Good Charlotte should be at the top. They exploite the "punk rock image" which is proably the last thing a true punker would do.

I also agree with the Lenny Kravitz comment. Just cause he is black and can play guitar he thinks hes Jimi Hendrix, however he is not even close.

Ashlee Simpson is a deffinetly on there. I was watching her show the other day (haha don't ask there was nothing else on) and i noticed she had a Led Zeppelin shirt on which made me cringe. I garuntee she doesn't even listen to them and i hate to see my favorite band of all time be used to "look cool".

18. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I think you forgot about Three Doors Down, and Smash Mouth. Smash Mouth should be at least in the top 5!!

19. Zanman

Zanman Member

Well someone has finally pointed out Kelly Osbourne hasn't an ounce of talent. Just a fat little spoiled bitch that if she wasn't Ozzy's kid would be slinging hamburgers in the local fast-food joint.

20. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

I agree with them all except JET and TBS