That baldness itch you cannot scratch

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Hedgeclipper, Oct 4, 2013.

1. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I think it gets replies because it's one of the only non-sexual problems anyone has posted about, and it's from someone who has been around for a while so we know it is actually legitimate.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Perhaps we post because we can see you are seriously troubling yourself. And you seem a really fun and cool dude overall. You don't have to shave your head yet. And your stance about most bald dudes is frankly pathetic. It's not like you got to have Jason Stathams facial characteristics to pull it off. We are serious when we say it's all IN your head. Nothing is lost but nothing lasts either. Well, in the most extreme case you may lose something if you can't accept a chance.

3. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

i guess that makes sense. i hate to be exposing myself even to this website like this. especially because enough people prolly know who i am irl as well. I mean im sure everyone knows im balding but id hate to have people know that it makes me borderline suicidal... i wish i could edit that op, but its too late

yeah i have posted some pics of myself on here from a few months ago but the last 3 or 4 months have changed things pretty drastically. I'm coming to a time where im gonna need to make some decisions :( Plus I'll be starting at a new school soon so I guess I have to decide if I want to show up as a baldie or fake it for another couple semesters until I am forced to.

It just feels so awful at fucking 19 man. My identity is getting torn away from me and I feel so lonely and awful. Plus I am finding that I am becoming very bitter and angry... I've even caught myself thinking like a conservative. I am becoming like an angry old man and losing all my love of life

And I can keep complaining till the cows come home but there's just nothing anybody can do for me and nothing I can really do to myself (without shitty concequences that is). It jsut sucks so much to be part of this generation. People from previous gens at leaast got through their 30s and then, with age and maturity, this was a problem they had to face. But now with the weird diet we have and all the chemicals we are exposed to, it is hitting everyone at 20, before any of us have reached a level of maturity where we are able to cope with such destruction of identity. I mean you're supposed to get over vanity, but you really shouldn't have to do it until youre a little more mature. This just isn't natural man.

4. Asmodean

I disagree about it being not natural or a thing of this generation. By the way, a few generations ago all people around 19 were expected to be fully matured (not that they were) :D

5. odonII

odonII O

? Lol. How so? What makes your predicament 'conservative'? Do 'liberals' feel a lot better about hair loss?

BTW, I think there is a new injection being tested. Look into it. It is a bit hard to on my phone.

6. Hedgeclipper

dude there's always something new being tested. It'll never actually work.

and my predicament is very conservative. Old angry bald guys are always right wingers man. And I'm starting to feel like that too.

7. Asmodean

Well, good luck fighting yourself anyway :cheers2:

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

hedge, i like you man. i consider you a friend. (at least an internet one :p) therefore, i'm about to be blunt in correcting this statement of yours

it's that simple, man. if you let this consume you...it will. if you let it destroy your self confidence, it will.

if you decide to say "fuck it," and let all of your other positive qualities shine like they did before all this (like they still do when you aren't obsessing about going bald)...then women will notice this.

i know a few guys who are bald and have hot girlfriends. at least one of them i would even consider to look a little "goofy." big ears and weird head shape like you mentioned. obviously, he has some other, more important qualities that determine what kind of person he is....and any girl that is worth two shits will be able to see that - even past the blinding light that is reflecting off of his perfectly bald scalp ;)

i reply to this thread so much, because i replied to it once (saw it in new posts) and now i see it whenever a new post shows up, in "your posts."

and yeah, this is an issue that a lot of guys will have to face eventually. it sucks that it comes sooner for some than others.

but your thread has made me think about it a little bit more. a little bit more when i look in the mirror and see thin patches of hair on either side of my hairline. but there's not a god-damned thing i can do about it...so i quit thinking about it. i think about your thread when i sit in an auditorium and look at all the bald heads of professors. i wonder if i will keep the hair on my sides and back of the head, if i become completely bald on top. that is what balding looks like btw. not you.

basically, you've got a ton of other things going for you. you're smart, a good artist, mature (though not about this fucking balding thing :)), and i can gather all of this from an internet forum. any chick that is gonna focus on your balding head is not worth your fucking time.

you need to focus on your good qualities, because other people are gonna focus on what you focus on.

if you keep focusing on your hair, other people will not be able to help noticing it. if you ignore it...you allow other people to ignore it.

good luck, dude. i wish you a speedy recovery from this self-pity you are experiencing.

9. odonII

odonII O

Look it up, at least. Before you dismiss it. Why is your predicament 'conservative'? Angry bald old men are not all 'Conservatives' You might want to revise that.

10. Hedgeclipper

no obviousy they're not actually all conservatives. I'm just saying it's an archetype

I'm starting to feel like one of these guys:
    [​IMG]

I mean I'm a bit of a nerd and I go on reddit and shit, but I've alwyas been able to reconcile my nerdiness with my personality in a way that made me feel pretty cool, but now I'm starting to get a lot closer to fitting the whole neckbeard thing. Gotta be careful or people start calling you euphoric or whatever it is. Especially if your a balding bearded man.

I just like feel like I can't be myself anymore because my appearance begins to affect the archetype that people see me as.

I mean I know I have to just be a confident chill person and it'll be okay, but it seems like people are very superficial these days.

And I'm not self pitying. I know how bad that is. I'm just a bit frustrated.

11. Asmodean

That too :sultan:

12. odonII

odonII O

13. Hedgeclipper

dating a girl who likes me for who I am.

Feeling pretty good.

Maybe a little BDD, not so much real problems, I am thinking... :)

14. Asmodean

Where ever did you get that idea :mickey: jk good to hear! :cheers2: Now, let it dread like you really don't care :biggrin: