That baldness itch you cannot scratch

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Hedgeclipper, Oct 4, 2013.

1. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

There is a hormone more prone in men called DHT or Dihydrotestosterone. That could be a factor in premature hair loss but I have to tell you, all the stress you are putting yourself under is only adding to the problem. Stress makes your hair fall out also. It's a huge contributing factor. I know its not easy to just turn it off but you have to understand that its certainly not helping your issue at all.

Anyway, DHT builds up in your scalp. It basically suffocates your hair follicle and for a while hair will still grow. You will notice the hair is growing in thinner until it stops growing it all together. There are different shampoos and products you can use to help break down the DHT in your scalp. I've sold it to some of my clients and they've been happy with it. I'm not spamming on here or trying to sell anything but if you want more information feel free to PM me about it. I'm a hairstylist and I've gone to quite a few classes about this one product so let me know if you have any other questions.

2. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

dude I have thousands of posts on scientific hairloss forums. Trust me I know about the mechanisms of action of this thing.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Your Probably Not Going To Like This But I'm Going

To Say It Anyway.

Have You Ever Considered That The Cause Of Your Problem May Be

All The Drugs You Are Taking...:).??

Cheers Glen.

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

You don't need to act like a **** to everyone who posts here.

Honestly dude, nobody gives a fuck about your hairline other than you. If they do, don't associate with them.

5. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I don't think going bald is OP's problem, the problem is he's going bald at 19... late 20s/30s is something that happens to enough people that you can be okay with it, but 19 isn't so common.

I don't know what to tell you OP, but I definitely wouldn't sacrifice your health for a head of hair.

But I think that being attractive is more about working with what you've got than trying to change it.

Anyways, here's an article for you:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/new-research-shows-promise-reversing-baldness-8C11435235

They're on the verge of a treatment... you just gotta hold on.

6. Hedgeclipper

not trying to act like a **** sorry. Just very distressed. Where was I being ****-ish? I didn't mean it.

the advice i have gotten in this thread has been more useful than any of the bottled, generic advice that there is for people going through this problem throughout the internet. There are whole forums devoted to it, and you hippies are a lot more helpful than the people on those forums...

Its jsut like I always say about the relationships board... the people on HF are surprisingly emotionally understanding and often think of things that you actually wouldn't think of yourself.., which isactually extremely impressive for an internet forum.

I havent been taking drugs? I've had too much insecurity this year to have good trips. I haven't even been smkoking pot really because I've had to focus on learning organic chem and stuff this year.

I see what youre saying, but you have to understand that even if I were taking drugs, that would be kinda insulting. Drugs don't generally cause this...

7. Hedgeclipper

THATS EXACTLY IT!! I know I'm just being a bitch about all this but I'M 19!!!! I'm still a fkn teenager technically!!

And the "verge of a treatment" thing has been said for years and years. IT will not actually happen. This I am fairly certain about.... I read about MPB science a lot

And another thing I've been wondering...

How does this thread always get so many replies so fast?? Is men's issues a popping forum, or do you guys care about me? Or what?

I feel like I'm effing up my rep on this whole forum... how will I be able to post elsewhere and be taken seriously now that people know how insane and superficial I am?

I really hope that you will not think less of me in other areas due to my insecurity

....well I guess I'm gonna get another haircut. Maybe that'll help. And try to stop thinking about it again... I'd been making a lot of progress emotionally, but then today for some reason the sadness just got me trapped again. idk why... I'll try to stop thinking about it n go to bed, thx for the support guys

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Move On With Your Life, We Are All Just Human, And To One Degree Or

Another, We Are All Vain...:).

Cheers Glen.

9. Hedgeclipper

but how can I move on? It's not something you move on from? It's something you have for the rest of your life. And I'll never be able to forget about it because I'll be reminded hundreds of times every day

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, I saw this thread had a new page or 2 again so I came in and read and I have to say dude, I kind of had the same vibes as deviate... After the constructive things that have been said in this thread and your latest post that started it up again (which ended patheticly):

I also feel like stating it is really your attitude. Oh man, no sex and no trips at 19... Your life is over and all because you are getting bald. I must say NO to that too. If you think it is the end it might actually be the end of your fun life indeed.

Similar things have been said and yes, it is really worth to emphasize this I think.

Maybe they treat you different already, Hedge, because you view yourself as an ugly baldhead and a 30 years old looking dude in a group of 20 year olds. I can't believe if you would wear your head with pride and be comfortable in your own skin they wouldn't accept you as you were before. Perhaps you are radiating negative or insecure vibes because of your attitude against yourself.

Besides that, I guess we all understand feeling attractive is important at 19 and we all agree if you have a full head of hair it feels better to most guys but really you're not going to remain 20 your whole life. You better learn to adapt and accept.

11. eggsprog

How would you know if drugs generally cause this? You take research chemicals, right? Nobody knows about the long-term side effects of those drugs yet.

As for your reputation on here, who the fuck cares? It is an internet forum. If someone doesn't like you because you're honest about the way you're feeling, than fuck them.

12. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i think i first saw the thread under new posts, and now it comes up in "your posts" since i posted in it.

i'll be honest - i'd be pretty damn bummed if i was losing my hair as quickly as it seems you are. and i'm almost a decade older than you! most guys would like to keep the hair on their head. so i apologize for being insensitive about the issue before.

BUT, if it was happening to me, i feel like i would have to say "fuck it" and shave my head or something.

it really is all about confidence and attitude. those two things mean a HELL of a lot more than hair on your head.

13. eggsprog

My weed dealer went bald a year or two after finishing high school, dude is now pretty much completely bald on the top of his head. He is engaged to be married to an attractive woman, has a baby, and has finished university and has a stable job working for a good company. He also consistently has the best weed in town, haha.

Didn't seem to hold him back at all, is what I'm getting at. If anything, looking older will be a benefit when it comes to looking for work.

14. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If you shave your head with a razor, it becomes a style and not just something you got from your mother's side of the family.

15. Hedgeclipper

no it doesn't. that only works if youre black

I have done research chemicals, and I mostly stick to the ones that are fairly well understood (i.e.: not nbomes and synthetic cannabinoids, and stimulants). I know hundreds of people who've done 2c's, dmt, etc and there is no irregular number of them with my disease. There is definitely not a correlation there....

And we know more about these chemicals than you seem to understand.

Also, though I have done them in the past, I have been pretty drug free this year, as school got a lot tougher,

16. Asmodean

I'm just wondering how you perceive any (relatively young) guy that happen to be bald on top but doesn't shave the rest? Do you look at them all with sympathy and remorse? Do you automatically perceive them as miserable and unattractive? :p

17. Hedgeclipper

usually sends me into a really anxious state

sometimes if they look like theyve figured out a good look for it and don't care it makes me feel hopeful.

usually it makes my skin crawl and I feel sympathy + fear

...the problem is tht ive had a good coverup for a long time, but its just startuing to get to the point where that will no longer work anymore. gonna get a haircut later n post pics. I've been trying to rock the long hair/bearded jesus look and maybe thats why iI feel so ridiculous right now.

18. Asmodean

I feared that much. But you are aware it is subjective and perceived by your set of associations right?

That seriously might make it a bigger issue for you. You are just too used to being you that way. So perhaps you think you are perceived as something that is associated with that look too much as well.
    I'm just saying I really think you place too much emphasis of what you are on how you look. Looks are not unimportant and yes, they can tell things about the person but the most important is of course the person itself.
    There are people with a full head of hair who are crybabies because their jaws don't line up the way they like for instance, or regard themselves as hopelessly unattractive because they have no forehead, while nobody else (including the opposite sex) gives a shit.
    Does the majority of the opposite sex has to find you attractive by the way? Are you bothered as much about male opinions?

19. Hedgeclipper

I still get laid but I would say that I am no longer "attractive" to them... I just sorta talk my way in. Like i might be considered okay, but in the past girls seemed to find me very good looking.
    \
    still bothered by male opinions because theyre more likely to make fun of me for it -- which usually totally ruins my day/week.
    /
    IT's also generally an uncomfortable feeling. It's not all about looks. DHT is known to cause itching and aching sensations, and a general sense of discomfort & irritation

20. Asmodean

Ok, thanks for explaining :) I honestly did have the feeling it was more an urge to be regarded as attractive by the opposite sex, something that is understandable but not healthy to base your complete sense of comfortability with yourself on of course ;)