That baldness itch you cannot scratch

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Hedgeclipper, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Hedgeclipper - Your hair looks fine when hanging forward I think, but I can see the problem ._.

I totally agree that it's diet and lifestyle in modern society, at least for most people. Serotonin, CRH and so on, I believe.

The guys on IH will probably give you some good ideas. Do look into the glycolic acid (the thread about it on IH is here - http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9447-scalp-peeling-with-20-glycolic-acid-great-results ) and ofc keep working on improving your health, particularly your digestive health if it's at all rocky - get it perfect! :)

2. odonII

odonII O

I've read Garlic helps...(rubbing it into the scalp - with honey - rather than eating it)

3. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

that picture was a month ago tho. This last month has been very bad for me. More shed in last month than in last year.

I doubt it.

I basically have to either find a way to convince a dr to do the surgery quick, or accept it. But like I pretty much feel like my life is over.

4. odonII

odonII O

5. Hedgeclipper

ok stop making fun of me odon

I'm depressed and all my friends have recently died, moved away or turned into junkies, so I'm talking to the internet.

I don't need these jokes.

6. odonII

odonII O

It's not a joke.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

From Your Pics I Assume You Are Under 30, Why Have So Many

Of Your Friends Died...:confused:

Cheers Glen.

8. Hedgeclipper

well a few have over the years -- one recently -- not, "so many", but to to make a long answer short: drugs.

I just find it hard to stay healthy now. I'm starting to understand why there are so many fat bald guys now. It's because it overshadows all other accomplishments. Like I used to work out a lot and try to be super healthy, but now I know that none of that will fix my problem at the end of the day, so it's hard to live for anything else.

i think I'm killing myself with stress. Up til 4 every night, wake up and I don't want to get out of bed. Can't do anything but scroll through image websites all day. Sometimes I take breaks to study but I have trouble convincing myself of the point. I've been having migraine attacks coupled with nosebleeds almost everyday now and it feels like my brain is melting. And all I can do is complain and attention whore to the internet. Like holy fuck I've spent between 8 and 12 hours on the internet every day for the last week. And I don't even play games or movies...

And now I've ruined my reputation as a cool guy even on the fucking forums where it doesn't really matter -- at least I'm keeping it to men's issues.

I'm gonna make a topical with tomato sauce and olive oil in it too to mix with my garlic, and I'll get cows to lick it off my head :D

I'm sure it was serious, but if a bunch of powerful drugs don't do anything, I doubt garlic will - plus you'll smell like garlic all day, but then again I guess I already do. I eat like 8 cloves of garlic a day pretty much. It's fucking amazing

I wish I could edit my first post though. I'm not suicidal and I never will be. I'm philosophically opposed to the whole idea of it and I admit that all I was doing was attention whoring there. My ex girlfriend used to do that to me all the time. She had like a million "suicide attempts" and she basically became "the girl who cried suicide". I don't want to be the same. It was wrong of me to mention something so serious so lightly.

9. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Apparently garlic does help, but then so do apparently ACV and urine lol - some things are just not worth the smell!

This is just part of being a man, dude. Hell, it's part of being HUMAN - I know girls with it too (I reckon their problem is also caused by CRH/DHT).

You have IBS, right? Apparently if you get your digestion totally perfect (no bloating, discomfort, etc) hair loss stops. I theorize that it's a hormone produced in the gut like serotonin or maybe histamine (Danny Roddy has some good stuff on this) that's increasing CRH.

People claim to have succeeded with that approach too :)

If I lose my hair I was just planning to get a long-ish wig/piece.

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

dude i just looked at your pictures. i know you said it's gotten worse, but quit yer fuckin belly-achin!

i'm pretty much as bald as you are. every time i get my haircut, the stylist mentions it.

to be fair, i guess it's easier for me to not be bothered by it since i have a wife. i don't think she'll divorce me if i go bald.

11. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Use the money you would spend on hair treatment on strippers instead [​IMG]

This too, is not a joke.

12. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Faelixx and others - Hair is part of being human though, like everything else about our appearance. Hair length is not the same as hair existence xD

13. Hedgeclipper

they don't kill you, they just turn you into a woman.

apparently they make people gay and grow boobs

I won't take those ones, but minoxidil has some pretty disgusting effects on your body as well...

14. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

I don't think I've heard of someone turning gay due to fin, but it can definitely screw up your sex drive and sexual health. And yeah it can probably make you grow boobs.

Personally though I'm suspicious that it's not actually the fin itself per se doing it, but the dosage. I don't see why people take as much of it as they do, it doesn't really make sense.

Minoxidil is often ok I think but it gave me wrinkles on my forehead so I stopped using it (if I didn't mention before - can't remember :) ).

I was using Spectral UHP and later Kirkland as it's cheaper!

15. Hedgeclipper

I used kirkland but my doctor told me to stop taking it because ti was giving me heart palpitations/irregular heartbeat.

16. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Theoretically glycolic acid should be far more powerful anyway :)

17. odonII

odonII O

Go tell that to the MJ medical advocates: http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/forumdisplay.php?f=615

Personally, I'd cut back on the Garlic.

I do't think the bottled shampoo's (as pictured) smell of garlic.

I understand...
    It's big of you to say that...
    So, thanks...

18. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Incidentally yeah I think some foods can worsen or cause hair loss directly. I think green tea is one of these.

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Off Topic I Know, But Happy Belated B-Day Fae...:drummer:

Cheers Glen.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i just seen the pics and it aint so bad.....mines going from the rear first instead of the front...i call it steve earle type balding lol

pretty sure im gonna have a weird front patch that stays long after the top is gone