Thankyou...

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by gray99, Feb 12, 2009.

1. gray99

gray99 Member

Times have changed so much,

here in the Uk, around the elizabethen times, it was seen as 'wrong' for women to enjoy sex, and sinful to masturbate. The man would choose when, and this was only for reproduction. That must have been fucking awful....& boring.

I have grown up feeling quite free, and have always felt ok with myself. I guess my mum and sisters made me feel i could be myself and enjoy life.

As a young woman i can have sex for pleasure, and not care about what others think. i can be open and comfortable with my sexuality, not forced into anything and free to explore my own body, as so can you. (not explore my body, but your own body, you know what i mean...haha)

I have always been attracted to men & women, and have been open to sexual activity since 14. I felt i reached my maturity before others, sex to me was never a taboo topic, even if others thought it was, this wouldnt bother me, it is something you should be able to talk about without feeling ashamed or whatever. I love to be around men, and i love to be around women too.

I'm 18 this summer, and already loads has happend since 14...some amazing things, some not so good, experimenting, relationships, discovering, learning ..& so on...
    I'm now seeing a girl, she is 20, she is amazing. Lives a couple of hours away, but we do see eachother a bit, havnt rushed into anything. it is more like a friendship but with attraction at the moment. I still find men and women equally attractive, but have never had a relationship with a woman before.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all those people who faught for women's rights, over the years, in the past, in the present and in the future.
    For all of the time humans have existed, those people who stood up to make a change, even the little changes, deserve to be thanked in our thoughts.
    I feel so lucky to be able to live my life how i am living it, and to see others be able to open up.

There is such an appreciation to these people from me, and many others.
    I still think some people take everything for granted, don't aknowledge how mush better life is for women now. Maybe they just need to see the struggle of the past, or they feel isolated and...shite.

However, there is of course still not a complete balance.
    I just wanted to know, how do you feel about being a woman?

What are the views/cultures/attitudes towards women and women's sexuality where you live?

gosh, wasnt intending on writing that much....
    ah well.

~~

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

that's really awesome. i'm thankful as well for those women who fought so hard for basic human rights for women, and for those who fight for the same rights the world over.

as for being a woman, well, there's times i feel like i'm supposed to be a man. there's times i really enjoy having boobs. there's a whole world in between, but i've never considered sex a tabboo and have very much the same experience you do.

3. gray99

gray99 Member

that's good to hear...well...i should re-phrase.. 'that's nice to read' :)

i understand what you mean lol
    about being a woman.

I like your opinion KCita,
    and also your quote makes me laugh Haha
    niice

4. mamaKCita

good stuff. i was watching a fight and saw that. i remember thinking "WTF? he just SPOONED his unconscious opponent!" and sure enough, that's what he said upon watching the reel.

i think men are awesome. i think women are awesome. i think we should all be awesome together and strike the word "stud" and "slut" from our collective vocabularies.

5. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

well, let's not get rash here.

6. mamaKCita

unless they're used in fun. "stud" actually refers to fucking. it being considered a good thing for a man to fuck as many women as possible translates to a man who's good at everything. lol. funny how that works. like, i wouldn't go off and accomplish a whole lot of awesome shit and say "dude! i'm such a slut!"

7. gray99

gray99 Member

Haha Kcita,
    it would sound funny if you did.
    i get what you mean though, the difference between men and women.
    sometimes men are called sluts, in a nagative context aswell. so maybe things are changing

8. mamaKCita

lol. i crack myself up all the time.