Thank You very much Donald Trump!!!

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by StellarCoon, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

You do know there is a search facility on hip forums don’t you? Why can’t right wingers do the most simple research?

So if you had looked you would know I first suggested the book as a good read and source some ten years ago back in 2009 after the original version came out in paperback in the UK.

Universal goods vs. state provision

I recommend it again in the same thread later on and then in another in 2009

Is it unreasonable to censor racial slurs?

And several time since then in differing thread in 2011 2012 etc up to today

It is still on my bookshelf although now I see it has been updated I might get a new copy.

I ask again what was the last non-fiction book you read?

At the moment I’m reading Blowout by Rachel Maddow, before that it was Viking Britain by Thomas Williams

MeAgain likes this.
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Sorry mate but you do come across as a mean and petty personality and this seems a lot like projection – you are happy to lie so you think others do – you don’t read books and get all your information from youtube videos so you think that is what everyone else does?

Look at yourself – because you are unwilling to do the most basic of research time after time you are shown to be ill prepared and ill informed, but rather than learn from this you just repeat the same crap over and over and attack anyone who disagrees with you with unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations.

Think about it we are talking about the problems with educating people but you are a perfect example of someone refusing to be educated.

Look if you and other right wingers want a discussion on educations then fine do as MeAgain suggests and start a thread I’d be happy to join in.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So VG

Are you going to start that education thread?

MeAgain likes this.
  4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I might. VG's respect for folks with college diplomas runs counter to the usual right-wing mantra that the colleges in the U.S. have been taken over by neo-Marxists who are indoctrinating our youth in identity politics and social justice causes.

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

MeAgain

VG has run away again - this is the modern right - on the forum they bring the noise but seem to have little else, they know their arguments fall apart so they don’t even try to defend them anymore, they have no answers or solutions they instead just moan about people who do (or at least trying to think about them) - and it seems very much the same on the outside were the right are getting loads of money but have nothing of substance to offer for the future.

6. Balbus,

It's 11pm here in oz. Bed time.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

He's just trying to stir people up.

8. I don't mean to seem naive, but, there seems to be a substantial amount of personal animus haunting the hallowed halls of Hip Forums.

Try not to forget that politics is not real, it's a game, like professional wrestling. After a "Loser Leave Town" match, a new character will arrive, usually as "The Masked (fat guy in tights) Destroyer" or what have you. The only thing elections accomplish is adding a randomizer to the game (which is how we got Obama AND Trump).

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this impeachment nonsense, almost as much as when Clinton was on the hot seat (which was a waste of time and money, much like 90-Day Fiance).

9. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump just asked the Supreme Court of the United States to block the release of his taxes to Congress. It's his last stop. He has done everything to hide his records. What do you think that man is trying to hide?

10. MeAgain

Politics is not real?
    Politics is the act of government and the conduct of those who govern.
    Politics is very real as it decides what will happen in a given country.

Balbus likes this.
  11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Oh yeah just a funny game, I mean man remembered the Vietnam War that was a hoot how about the Iraq invasion and all those WMD they found what about those kids been ripped away from their mother at the border, I mean come on everyone found that funny oh and not forgetting not having sensible gun control so there are all those wacky school shoots and daily deaths…oh yeah don’t worry about politics or who you vote for - i mean politics is just some silly game with no consequences.

granite45, MeAgain and Okiefreak like this.
  12. It's a scripted show and we are all Truman!

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Post-modernism, right wing style.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Post-modernist mantra, right wing version: It's all a game, they all do it, it's all fake news, living is easy with eyes closed, nothing is real, nothing to get hung about. Vote for Trump (he's entertaining), Sure he may have done something wrong but nothin' to warrant impeachment (not like Bill and Monica). Strawberry fields forever!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Balbus and MeAgain like this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Okie

So we have right wingers saying that ‘they are all the same’ - 'its all fake' - 'it’s all a game' –

And why because they don’t have anything else you look around and not just here and its clear ‘they’ are not all the same you have liberals and lefties passionately defending their ideas and views with coherent and rational arguments while those on the right sneer and snipe and run away with their tails between their legs when bullying doesn’t work.

It seems to me that the people on the right might all be the same, that is – fake and playing games but that doesn’t mean others are.

I get the feeling that many of them don’t take things seriously because they don’t really care about their country or other people in it or things like the rule of law and democracy.

It seems to be that as long it ends up favouring them and their side they don’t really care what damage is done, gerrymandering fine – voter suppression fine – corruption fine – Mafioso politics fine – and in the end if it come to the end of democratic governance in the US they would still be saying fine.

Okiefreak likes this.
  16. true. Look at Trump the president sides with the right wingers. He tweets every single day with lots of denial tweets telling everyone that their rumours are fake news.
    You need to understand that whilst he's in the firing line to be impeached not everything is going to be correct.
    This is why he's being investigated.
    Don't know if you caught that fartgate scandal on twitter. It was pretty gross but funny. Imagine if that happened to Trump. People would be all over it like a wet blanket.

17. I had to switch stations while driving home, even the class rock station was bleating on and on about farts. I felt like a 4th grader again. Oddly enough, NPR wasn't doing a story on it, so I stayed there for a while.

What I don't get about democrats (and assorted leftists) is how they can possibly be happy with all the flimsy non-evidence that has been drummed up so far. It's starting to look like they have nothing but are continuing to dig, hoping Trump illegally disposes of a mercury battery from his hearing aid, so they can pounce into an investigation hearings and scads of "witnesses" who clearly know nothing important.

Once again, I'm getting bored with the show, it's a futile straw grabbing expedition. Face it, Trump is still too clever for the democrats to find anything worth finding.

I expect lots of democrat tears really soon.

But tonight, there's a debate on. Time to head to chat and get the Cheap Shots going!!!!

Mustard Tiger and SuzanneAU1977 like this.
  18. You have to be wary of some of the things you listen to. Some of the stations can be rather childish. It's ok as a joke when you first hear about it but once is enough.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

If I was a Democrat I’d feel strung along after 3 years of getting my hopes up that they’d have enough evidence to bring down Orange Man. All this false hope they’re running on, it seems like they’ve all got a case of Battered Wife Syndrome.

“The media and George Stephanopolus lie to me because they love me”

cllvsd likes this.
  20. MeAgain

Alternative universe.