Thank You very much Donald Trump!!!

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by StellarCoon, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Are you saying you think only people that go to university are able to debate?

I’ve met people from all walks of life that might not even have a higher educational certificate that I’ve had great debates with educational attainment does not have to limit a person ability to be well informed i've also meet doctors, lawyers and bankers who are very interested and informed about government policies so unsure what you mean.

Anyway I’m talking about the right wingers on the forum at the moment that often seem incapable of putting a coherent argument together let alone defend it from criticism

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Okiefreak likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

labels. I like labels..

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

That would be the Susan Jacoby that started her career as a reporter for The Washington Post. Currently blogs for The Washington Post and

"Her book Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism was named a notable book of 2004 by The Washington Post and The New York Times.[5]"

So, a book written by one of their reporters they named a notable book

Lolz, thats a happy co-incidence

WritersPanic likes this.
  4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

So have you read the book?

In fact could I ask what was the last non-fiction book you have read?

And again are you saying you think only people that go to university are able to debate?

I’ve met people from all walks of life that might not even have a higher education that I’ve had great debates with educational attainment does not have to limit a person ability to be well informed.

Think is that I’ve also meet doctors, lawyers and bankers who are very interested and informed about government policies

Anyway I’m talking about the right wingers on the forum at the moment that often seem incapable of putting a coherent argument together let alone defend it from criticism

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Public education in the U.S. is highly decentralized, with most of the decisions made by local school boards and state boards of education. Teaching multiple gender ideology seems to be confined to a few states on the coasts, like WA, CA, VA, and MD, not "red states" like Oklahoma. There;s enormous variation among school districts in quality of education--reflecting income inequality and socioeconomic segregation of neighborhoods. .

Balbus, stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Reporters can't write notable books?

Susan Jacoby's book also was:
    But I do believe I'll just disregard her without reading anything she ever wrote....becasue she's a reporter, and a service she's written for has recognized her contribution to literature and the understanding of culture.

stormountainman likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So you are in the doctors office, getting a boil lanced, ranting about the Tories, Doctor nodding his head in polite agreement

....and that would be a Doctor you have met "very interested and informed about government policies" so you are unsure what I mean

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, by all means, share with us a few important passages, the book is just over on your bookshelf since you have read it and all

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

....and yet...a Republican President gets voted in

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Here is the first post where you suggest the book. Which I seriously doubt you have read.

...and you know they arent going to read it based on your suggestion as you only give a solitary vague reason why its even relevant - she blames a non centralized curriculum.

Which you didnt get from the book itself, but some youtube video saying she says something like that.

Then you go on to attack other members for not defending ideas that you havent actually defined in the first place. Usual Balbus tactics

In this case all we have to go on is Jacoby "places the blame on the US having no national curriculum or standards"

Pffft...and?

11. MeAgain

Never said I read it. Never criticized it or the author, never praised it or the author, in fact I never gave any opinion of it or her, I just posted some facts about the author.

You are the one who said:
    Are you going to satart that education thread?

Okiefreak likes this.
  12. MeAgain

Seems to me you're the one blaming public education for various problems in the world....without defending that idea at all.
    In this case all we have to go on is, Vanilla Gorilla "places the blame on the U.S. public education"

Balbus and Okiefreak like this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lets wait and see if Balbus gives us a few important paragraphs from a book he hasnt read first

14. MeAgain

Why?
    Why do others always have to do the research and work while you through out accusations continuously and never back them up?

Okiefreak likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because I know he hasnt read the book

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Because trolls don't research?

Just'a guess...

Okiefreak and MeAgain like this.
  17. Trump's not really a republican. And he was a darling of the democrats for years. The only reason he ran was because he saw what was about to happen to the fertile environment where he reaps his rewards. The republicans running were a gaggle of fools and no-shows and the democrats were running Hillary, and some other old white people (as it appears they are inclined).

It must have been clear to him that the republicans were going to fall flat on their asses like they did when they propped up McCain to face Obama. Which made them the easy party to infiltrate and ultimately defeat. By calling them what they were, basically useless, even "Jeb". Nothing was sacred, he even managed to piss off Dr. Carson.

Of course he went through all that trouble so he could personally defeat whichever democrat remained (a joke really, everybody knew it was Hillary's "turn"). The democrats have only themselves to blame for mobilizing a guy like Trump with all their talk of punitive taxation of the "rich" and squeezing the middle class out of existence (a group Trump depends on).

I think democrats should quadruple-down on impeachment. The 4th time has GOT to be the charm!

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

?????? I see the deficiency in education and general reasoning ability extends to Australia, as well. Have you heard of non sequitors? You just provided an illustration of one. What in your simian mind would lead you to see a contradiction between my statement that education in the United States is decentralized, or that teaching multi-gender ideology in public schools seems to be a coastal phenomenon and the fact that a Republican President got voted in?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    granite45 likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

How?

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL – What is your problem man do you not have any real world friends or something?

I have friends that are doctors there is a couple that live just around the corner from us, their daughter went to school with our daughter and are friends, we went to the same anti-Brexit demonstration, one of them runs the local half marathon as I do.

I have friends in many walks of life who do lots of differing things, you talk as if you don’t have that, and if not please get out into the real world and get some?