thank you for Dr Who

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by jerry420, May 29, 2004.

1. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

as an american(very pissed off it his goverment mind you),
    i want to thank england for Dr Who a truely great show, i have been watching it since my dad introduced me to it when i was a 5 year old.

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i always loved that show, do they still play it hear? i know they stopped for awhile.

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

its being redone,

expect new shows in 2005

4. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

The new doctor is Christopher Ecclestone, right?

5. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Yup. And Billy Piper as his sidekick. Hmmmm.

6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

http://www.ibne07379.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/billie%20piper/billie-3.jpg
    http://www.perfectpeople.net/media/celebs/225/0203.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/billiepiperlinks/main.html

She HOT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/canterburytales/episodeguide/millers_tale/index.shtml

And she can act

I do hope that it is not to post modern , and it maintains the sincerity of the originals . I am looking for the same thing that happend with star treck and the great job that the :TNG crew did.

Christopher Ecclestone is a brilliant actor , i hope he does not dissapoint.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Heights/5978/ChristopherEccleston.html

All the signs are right , but the BBC are always capable of F**king things up.

7. DoktorAtomik

Aaaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

8. Shakra

Shakra Member

They should re-make Blakes 7. Cheesy effects but some great story lines and it had Avon in it, what more could a girl ask for?

9. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

why whats wrong with that...

The original series is ok but the :TNG was a lot better . Better budget , bigger ideas , better scripts .

More than Kirk ripping his shirt off or Mr spock saying ilogical every five minutes. Do you no what GNDN means well thats what the original series did..

10. DoktorAtomik

11. DoktorAtomik

Sorry dude, I just hate Star Trek. Plain and simple. It's shite. Over-sentimental, infantile plots, imperialist American drivel, terrible acting, awful characterisation..... *shudder*. I tried to like it. I really wanted to like it. But.... *shudder*. Now Bablyon 5.... that was good sci-fi!

Oooh, but I did like the Wrath of Khan and the original motion picture. All went downhill from there though :(

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Ok it has its faults ... and you may be right . But it has given me a lot of pleasure and its not as bad as you say.

Babylon 5 , is better and i can agree that there is a lot of diffrence between them . and i can understand what your saying.

I thought Babylon 5 was brilliant and G'Kar (Andreas katsulas) was the best character (he did star trek as well so it can't be that bad ;) ). It did dissapoint nearer the end but don't they all. I think if you combined the 2 then you would have the best darn sci fi out there.

13. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

I liked Dr Who until I was about 11

Infact I was obsessed

And Red Dwarf (which I still like :p)

And Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

OK I'm sad and probably shouldn't have admitted any of this :p

14. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

Battlestar Galactica

There. I said it.

I mean the original, of course. None of the Galactica 1980 or the new remake of it. The remake sucks, and the big shame is that it had so much promise.

In my humble opinion, this is why the remake sucks: it's too Earthy. We're talking about a race of humans from the far reaches of the galaxy. So why is it filled with Earth expressions? We hear references to God (then some other reference to the Lords of Kobel, the 'gods' of the religion of the original Galactica series, which confuses me even more)...there's a President and Vice President (we see a scene where a woman is sworn in as President - and I'm sure the oath is the same as the American one). Is this Caprica, or America we're talking about?

The scene where the female Cylon agent tells Baltar about the Cylon invasion...very atmospheric...an impressive plot twist. The guy who plays Baltar does a very good job of showing his sudden panic and confusion. Then he reaches for...his mobile phone. That's the atmosphere fucked - we're back on Earth.

I'm not saying that all sci-fi should be a million miles removed from this world. I just wish that the makers of Battlestar Galactica 2003 tried to use their imaginations a bit more...

15. DoktorAtomik

I kinda enjoyed the remake. Bit of a guilty pleasure, but it wasn't too bad. Coulda been a lot better though. There were plot holes you could drive a tank through! Respect to them for sneaking Firefly in there though....

16. JOsie

JOsie Member

according to a rumour...slipknot are interested in doing the new version of the dr who theme tune....
    so at least the first minute will be funny...and then i can turn it off...but then i'll need to turn it back on for the end bit

"fuck me...look at the size of that future alien robot thing"

*cue hilarious slipknot remake*

just like eastenders...which by the way...should also have a theme tune remake by slipknot...just imagine the drums...

"fuck me...i never knew you were my sister"

*cue hilarious slipknot remake*

ahh...i could go on...