Texas hippies unite!!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Dark Star, May 25, 2004.

1. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Texas sucks, EXCEPT San Antonio rocks!!!!!!!

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Are you demented? If any city in Texas is less-than-bad it would be Austin for all the liberals they have. San Antonio is a bicultural (which might as well be monocultural since both Tejano culture and hick culture suck) boring, sleep-inducing pit. But why am I complaining? I move to San Francisco in...81 days!!!

-Kate

3. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

but i like my lil texas town, so to me it doesn't suck! :)

4. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Well, Austin's OK, I guess. Good night life and it IS a college town so not as stuffy as the rest, but San Antonio has the canal and the fiestas, a lovely town. You're moving to San Fran? Beautiful there, too!

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

its ok i guess but id much rather live farther up north where its not ALLWAYS hot 24-7 7 days a week,4 weeks a month, and 12 months a year...its allways hot..allways..i hate it

6. HersheDog_BananaCat

HersheDog_BananaCat Member

I'll be going to TX this summer in a few weeks its around Smithville has anyone been there?..

7. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

nope i've never even heard of it...

8. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I used to live in Spring (surrounding Houson area) but now I'm in Dallas

9. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

maybe it's because i watch too much cold case files, but texas scares me... because of all the guns yeah. i'm actually going through texas in about 2 months, so if any one could recommend safe roads on which to hitch that'd be cool. cheers.

10. daytrippergirl

daytrippergirl Member

hey you guys,
    just stumbled on this site, can't wait to meet some new people...anyone who'd like to chat let me know....anyone from around near San Antonio?
    peace, love, & rocknroll,
    Katy

11. ramblin'rose

ramblin'rose kindness

oh, you'll find the hippies there, I sure do miss Houston!

'dont tell me this town ain't got no heart, ya just gotta poke around"

I wasn't born in TX, but I got there as fast as I could!

and there is some incredible music that comes out of TX, also

dont forget, they have Pacifica radio, KPFT, one of the very few in the nation

oh yeah, and sunflowers in February

and I dont know who has it in their posts all the time, but I love it....
    location: TEX (the ass is in the White House) (hope ya dont mind me borrowing that one!!)

12. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

HI tripper girl..im from Houston i guess that like 2 to 3 hours away from San Antonio...
    I love the sunflowers...i use to see them alot but theres been to much construction working on a new toll way and thats where all the sunflowers that i saw were at...I hope to meet some flower children around here since i know nobody yet to be the same as me...but sometimes i guess is good to just be yourself and be with other people that are not exactly like you...but i think it would be ewesome to get to know other flower children...i only know 3 peple that use to be flower children and that lived it in the time of the revolution... there pretty kewl except for my aunt since she became to religious and forgot what is all about...too much talking...
    PEACE and LOVE