Texas: Give it back to Mexico

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TillTheNightIDream, May 18, 2004.

1. dotadave

dotadave Member

In some ways I regret that the south lost the civil war, not because it freed the slaves but at least then we would have so many southern politicians. We should have let all the deliverance, redneck, pig fuckers go.

2. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

I can definitly see where you are coming from. But, this year a family of Texans moved to my neighborhood, and i became good friends with them, they are SO nice and SO liberal. They aren't like the Stereotypical texans like bush, and they told me the majority of Texas is actually liberal people who hate Bush. You are just made to believe that Texas is full of hicks, the times have changed! It is just like The Middle East, only a SMALL majority of the middle east are fundamentalists and terrorists, The majority of them have families, and work fulltime to support their families, but the American Media would have you believe otherwise...

Peace and Love,
    Dan

3. dotadave

dotadave Member

It depends on what part of Texas. Large urban centers tend to be democratic, rural areas tend to go republican.

4. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Yeah, basically what i was trying to say is Texas isn't one big state full of hicks, ya know? Also, i meant to say "only a small MINORITY of middle eastern people are terrorists"

Peace and Love,
    Dan

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

no one wants to take responsibility for bush. the people CT would say it was texas that turned him evil. the people in TX would say it was all that icky northern air and wrong-headed thinking that ruined him at birth...

6. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Austin is ok, but I do get tired of all the damn sinus headaches myself. I also don't really want to be a Mexican citizen either.

7. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

no actually my spanish history teacher is from Nicaragua and my history teacher is from kansas and his white (not to offend any1)

8. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The meek will hold on to it forever under Gods rulership. Nobody will step in on him when that time comes. NOBODY!

9. mynameiskc

ah! still very interesting. honestly, there's no parcel of land on this earth still "owned" by it's original inhabitants.

10. mynameiskc

well, by then i suppose we'll have reached a true evolution, where we can live in equilibrium with the environment. then no one will HAVE to take it from someone else. i just wonder if there will still be all the natural bio-warfare that carries on every day on this little machine earth. i know they say a lion will lay down with a lamb, but what will the lion eat? grass? what about poisonous plants that live on bugs and tiny animals? i've always wondered about that.

11. Maverick

Maverick Banned

The most liberal place you'll find in Texas is Austin.
    *shudders*
    Everywhere else, it's more right leaning with some democrats.

12. mynameiskc

my husband hired this girl from austin to come out and map power lines in the grants new mexico area. she was very sweet, very liberal, and so disgusted with the lifestyle out here she had to go home. didn't even finish out her week, just left. apparently, the hard core neighborhoods were not very welcoming.

13. m6m

m6m Member

Last year I spent 6 months camping on a movie set in the 'hill country' west of Austin.

The 'hill country' is said to be the prettiest part of all Texas. It felt like Africa. Endless vistas of rolling wooded savahna.
    Tall grass lands dotted everywhere with aromatic cedar and live oak.
    Looking out across that vista you expect to see, not those cattle and sheep, but rather, Zebra, Giraff, Elephants, and roaming Lions.

The human environment is highly ideosyncratic. The 'WASPS' tend to be very prideful, yet hospitable.
    As long as they feel you share their 'WASP' values, you'll be invited to weekend spleep-overs and endless barbeques.
    Till you make the mistake I did of questioning the authority of Brother Rush Limbaugh. Then you'll get dropped like a hot potatoe.

Fortunately half the kids I worked with were Mexicans.
    Even though my spanish is piss poor, they were kind to the point of embarrassment.
    Being an inner-city kid, I'm not used to that.

All in all, my favority part of Texas was the swimming. Man, if they had swimming holes like that here in the state of Washington, this state would be a perfect paradise.
    They got one huge swimming hole rigth in downtown Austin called Barton-Springs. I don't even want to think about it it's so awesome.
    There's this Lake Bastrop where the water is so nice you'd think you were in Hawaii.
    But leave it to Texas to screw a good thing up. Half their swimmin holes are full of water-moccasins. Rattle Snakes that like to swim; what a night-mare.

14. mynameiskc

well, m6m, every culture has it's hot button issues. it's the duty of the guest to be sensitive to the beliefs and topics of the people they're visiting. people in general like to be kind and generous, but when you insult something dear to them, it's like slapping them in the face.

15. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Ok, I just wanna say, I live in a very small town in Texas, and all over Texas from what I have observed visiting different towns, cities, etc..people all around are different..but isn't it that way all over the world? I don't think I am better than anyone, I love people, I try to make friends wherever I go..I apparently have not been to the parts of Texas ya'll that are talking about, altho yes we do have snakes [​IMG] I haven't been to Austin, altho my parents have..Cities here, and towns, are different..People think differently or something I have no clue, but Give me my small town anyday, with the peace..rather than the loud cities..oh and..not everyone from Texas can tolerate the government the way it is, or want the Bush administration to remain..I for one want a new president! with that said Peace ya'll [​IMG]

16. m6m

m6m Member

So true KC,

It was a hard one for me to learn.
    Being from the Coast, I'm so used to folks exploring the evolution of each others philosophies and opinions, I was slow to realize that there are regions where many folks tend to consider such curiosity subversive.
    Oh well, we live and learn; usually the hardway.

17. m6m

m6m Member

Me too BlackVelvet,

I grew up in the inner-city, but now I live on a small farm 8mi from a little town.
    It's quite a change. Growing up, I would get in so much trouble, but now I've got almost a stress-free scene going.

I know what you're saying about people being individual and different everywhere you go.
    But it's also true, that in every region of the world we travel to, we'll find in that region one or two characteristics more pronounced than we might find in other regions.
    That gives every region its own certain character or charm.

18. mynameiskc

yeah, i'm from SoCal, and it took me a while to learn to be gentle with the minds of some of the people out here, until they learned to respect my opinion. but there are still those odd birds that will pray to god for our soldiers to annihilate the iraqi's and the "rag heads" in general. it's kinda bizarre. mainly the older folks. some you just don't discuss politics with, at ALL, or religion. the others warm to you, slowly.