Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by SharingIsCaring, Apr 24, 2020.

1. SharingIsCaring

SharingIsCaring Members

Has anyone here tried that yet?

And if so, what were the results?

2. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I have been on it for at least 8 years. Absolutely the best thing I ever done for myself. Don’t waste your money on over the counter gimmick pills. I talked with my doctor and got my testosterone level checked. I found out that my t level was very very low. Due to a medical condition I have to take a shot every two weeks or it bottoms out. I am 66 and it has been a life savers for me. See your doctor.
    Dosage has to be regulated to your body.

3. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Definitely get your T level checked after the age of sixty or if you feel any of these symptoms.
    1. Low sex drive - That's no problem with myself but if you don't want to find out why.
    2. Erection loss - I get an erection several time a day. I just can't always maintain it throughout sex.
    3. Hair loss - May be hereditary but if dad and granddad had hair look into Low T issues.
    4. Being extremely tired - Especially if you have noticed it in the last few months or year.
    5. Can't build muscle - You have to have testosterone for muscle mass. Otherwise you'll look like a girl.
    6. Your mood isn't right - Depression, irritability, unable to focus (especially on sex) may indicate a T problem.
    7. CRS (Can't Remember Shit) - It's theorized this comes from low T.
    8. The "Jewels" are shrinking - Smaller testicles may mean they have stopped producing.

If you put several of these symptoms together, say 4 out of 8, have your doctor check your testosterone levels. At least see him to determine what the issue is. It may be something totally unrelated to your T levels but it is a good practice to see a doc yearly.

4. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

I was on it for a few years before prostate cancer surgery. After that, I didn't see having my ass jabbed with a needle twice a month worth it.

5. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The therapy for my prostate issue includes finasteride which depresses testosterone. The choice is urination and reduced chance of prostate cancer or being sexually active.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

7. Micheal9

Micheal9 Members

I had mine checked, the Dr said I was within the normal range however due to the fact I was always tired and lacked energy he decided to treat me. Best thing I ever I felt so much better and had made me horny as hell. It was just to bad I didn’t have a woman that would have been able to keep up with me. I stopped getting injections after about 8 months as it was starting to be an inconvience with blood test and Dr appointment. I think it might be time to revisit the idea though.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  8. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I had my checked and the level was real low. Doctor had me get testosterone pellets. After treatment I don't need blue pills and have more energy. I get the pellets implanted under the skin in my butt twice a year and my insurance covers the total cost. Works great for me.

9. SharingIsCaring

SharingIsCaring Members

Do you know what your T-level was before and after?

oldbeater likes this.
  10. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

The doctor checks before I have the pellets inserted and then a couple of months later. I have been doing this for years now and we have a good handle on it.

11. Panama Jack

My T-Level was extremely low. In fact, it did not show up on the chart. I had to work with the doctor to get it regulated. Best thing I ever did.

Handsinpants and bill697cu like this.
  12. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

I am thinking about going to the doctors for the T-check as well. Did it work out well for you? What is of are the big differences with before?

13. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

Handsinpants likes this.
  14. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

I have been doing this as well for last few years. Lately my dose got cut in half. Medicare thing. Now I have to pay for the other half. Other half cost 1k so I skip it. and get a compounded T cream at the local drug store that I rub in twice a day.

I have more energy, more need for sex, employer says I work better. No downside so far.

bill697cu and Handsinpants like this.
  15. Panama Jack

Well, before I had no energy for daily activities.
    My sex life with my wife was good, but needed some improvement.
    After, I lost 30 pounds and my sex life went way up. My energy level improved. Best thing I ever did for myself.

Handsinpants likes this.
  16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Did the treatment cause you to loose the weight again.?
    Although I don't seem to have the other symptoms described on this thread, my weight suddenly increased by 3 stone a few years ago. I put it down to less physical activity after I retired, but with the extra weight, I seem to get tired more quickly after any physical activity. The problem is that you adjust to these things until you look back

17. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

18. Panama Jack

Handsinpants,
    Here’s more information. I started my testosterone treatment went I was 58, I am now 66. My wife is a nurse and gives me the shots.
    It is “very important” to be total honest with your doctor. The dosage has to be regulated. Please understand the side effects. I am not a smoker or heavy drinker. I contribute my weight loss to me have more energy. I am not a gym person, but I began walking. We lived in a neighborhood where we could walk to a restaurant to eat and walk back home. I cut out all bread and sugar to loose my weight. I keep my weight within 5 pounds of current level.
    Yes, your se

Handsinpants likes this.
  19. Panama Jack

Sorry for typo.
    Yes, your sex drive will go up. But, you should expect to be a teenager and secondly you SO needs to understand that your sex drive will change and to be ready. My wife fully understands this and is a willing too accept my level of hornyness about 2 days after my shot. She knows what I need and enjoys it. Remember, your T-level has highs and lows.

Handsinpants likes this.
  20. SharingIsCaring

SharingIsCaring Members

Hi, which side effects do you suffer from?