Testing for husband material

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Guildford, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Guildford

Guildford Members

My last three girlfriends told me that they had missed their period and thought they were pregnant; none of them were and I married the last one. Is this a device that some women use to check their boyfriend's response and determine if he is husband material and do they want to real him in?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

maybe you're dating a bunch of menopausal women.

eggsprog likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Maybe if you did not indulge in, or practiced safe sex (condom and, pill) may work in your favour, although the reaction you give would indeed exhibit the calibre of character that you are.

4. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

It has happened in the past. It will happen in the future. People deceive people to get what they seem to want. Many times it backfires. This goes for both sexes.

erofant and Mysteron like this.
  5. Varmint

Varmint Member

I'm with Barry on this one. This is one reason a growing number of men insist on getting vasectomies and keeping a copy of the records for their safety.

Sissybrandy likes this.
  6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn’t put it past some women to do this. They’re always testing us in someway shape or form, so I wouldn’t doubt it. “Do I look fat wearing this?” amongst other loaded questions is just an example of how we can end up in the doghouse if we answer wrong.

Mysteron likes this.
  7. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

I dated, and had sex multiple times with, this really good looking girl years ago. I thought she was on the pill as she had some in her bathroom cabinet. She had the personality of a pit viper. She scared me big time as she let out the fact that she wanted to have a baby but did not want a husband. 30 minutes of joy and 18 years of child support. I never saw her again.

I found out through a friend that she was pregnant by a doctor at Tampa General hospital in Florida.

Before DNA became popular, it was suspected that 10% of the "daddies" were not the genetic father due to mom sleeping around.

lbushwalker and Eric! like this.
  8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

This happened to me once, when I was in my early 20s. I kinda think it's a way for women to exercise power over men. I could be wrong though.

To be fair, I treated her like shit. I wish I could go back in time and kick my own ass.

Eric! likes this.
  9. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Another reason perhaps why a condom should be used for casual sex.

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. Eric!

About 20 years ago, two women that I never met before, approached me at the apartment manager’s office while I waited for a receipt after paying my rent. We had a casual conversation that took a weird turn.

One girl asked me if I liked her friend, and if I thought she was attractive. I agreed that she was attractive, and then she asked me if I wanted to have sex with her friend? It totally caught me off guard, and then she said that her friend just wanted to get pregnant, have a baby, no strings attached and I totally didn’t have to be around as the father. No child support involved whatsoever- she just wanted a kid.
    She said we both get what we want- I get laid, no responsibility for the child, and she gets a kid she always wanted.

This was the strangest arrangement I’ve ever heard at the time, and In the back of my mind, all I could hear was a voice ask these ladies “DO YOU THINK IM MUTHA FUCKIN JOE SAUSAGEHEAD OVER HERE?”
    I politely declined the offer and went on my merry way after I got my receipt. Couldn’t believe that shit.

lbushwalker and tumbling.dice like this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

imagine the fun you could have had if this happened after you had a vasectomy.

Romper and Eric! like this.
  12. Eric!

Oh my, LOL! Yeah, it probably would have been spun into a rape case then. Trifling bitches (smh).

13. erofant

erofant Members

Just a little something for the fear factor -
    In my hometown there were a couple sisters who made a "business" out of marrying guys that were loaded - lawyers, doctors, business owners, etc. They'd be with those guys for a few years and then divorce them, take the houses and loot, and then go off to find another sucker. These sisters were very good looking, so they didn't have to try very hard to find new interest. They had the same MO and did quite well for themselves at separating well-heeled guys from their money, cars, and houses. I swear they planned their every move like a business plan.

Great case for pre-nup agreements if you have some wealth!!

Eric!, Sexwise and DrRainbow like this.
  14. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

This thread takes safe sex to the next level.

Eric! likes this.
  15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

If they are then they're manipulative and immature. I have irregular periods and when I dated a man, I really did think I was pregnant a few times. We didn't always use condoms. But none of that mattered anyway because I didn't want a baby then and I told him straight up, if I am I'm getting an abortion. So it wasn't to keep him, I just thought he should know. Luckily, I never got pregnant and now I don't date men anymore so I never have to worry lol

16. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I had a woman say this to me after my divorce and was dating her for several months. She politely made her statement while we we're having drinks before dinner. My immediate response was "Really?" as I tilted my head and gave a smirk...she says one more time yes so what should we do? I finished my drink and politely said "Honey, I don't know what you're going to do but I'm done with you because I had a vasectomy 20 years ago". Have a nice life!

curiousfellow likes this.
  17. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Senior Member

I believe there's some truth to this tactic.
    I once dated a girl that one night said to me, what would your Mother say, if you had to get married?
    My answer.....I don't have to marry anyone!
    I took this as her testing the waters, as we had always used protection to that point.
    Relationship slowly fell apart, after that.
    Not long after, she was pregnant and married to someone else.
    Knew the guy too and some years later, he said that she had left him for someone else.
    Don't think he knew about her and I or at least never mentioned it.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  18. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

curiousfellow: There are for those programmed that way and then there are the gold diggers which are totally real as my first wife wasn't a classic gold digger but became addicted to the income once I began making a six figure income. She enjoyed the money more than she enjoyed me as her addiction to "plastic money" and total irresponsibility teamed with ignorance of how interest rates work brought our 28 years together to an end. I just couldn't afford her anymore and she did stray away which helped me come to the decision we needed to part ways. Too bad too because I don't think she ever knew how much I truly loved her. I'm in a much better place and relationship now the past 6 years with a woman who is financially stable and kissed a lot of "frogs" before I hopped into her life so we're both winning now!

19. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"... girlfriends told me that they had missed their period and thought they were pregnant..."
    My thought is that she should get an OTC pregnancy test and a doctor's appointment. What the appointment is for would depend on the result of the test.

As to all these scenarios about women trapping men into child support, my thought is "stop fucking stupid women."
    Single Mom With Child Support is a lousy lifestyle (even worse than the Paying Child Support lifestyle)

But to the OP's question about testing. Women have sometimes have irregular periods. When that leads to suspicions of pregnancy, that is a good legitimate time to observe what one's partner thinks about parenting, responsibility and their general overview of the relationship. And this observation goes both ways, both partners see what the other does and thinks.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  20. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

I nearly got caught in one of those traps when a woman I had been dating for a few months told me she was pregnant and needed $500 for an abortion. All I could do was laugh. The first time we had sex she asked if I had a condom. I told her no, I'd had a vasectomy years ago. I told her to find the real father to pay for her abortion. Needless to say, the relationship ended right there.

bry75, Angela36 and curiousfellow like this.