Terror

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

thats the first time I've ever seen that spelled out. :D

2. hiro

hiro pursue it

I get like that but it is purely pyschological because I am the one who freaks myself out.

3. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

Sometimes for no reason my heart will pound really hard, like I've just done some strenuous physical activity...it will just be for two pumps, but it feels freaking weird when you're just sitting or standing somewhere.
    And I'm pretty sure it's not healthy.

4. sharon

sharon Member

I think I've had something like this. For me, it wasn't that I thought I was going to die, I was just absolutely immobilised by the futility of being alive, how little I was doing to deserve it and what the point of it was anyway. I can definitely empathise with the TERROR of it though, it's a fleeting feeling but completely intense and pure.

I happened to me everywhere at irregular intervals, mostly when I was alone but sometimes when I was talking to or with people who were either trying to do something incredible brave and required concentration and courage or at other times when I was with people who were entirely vacuous and trivial - opposite ends of an extreme

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

it only happens to me at home too... or outside my front door

6. interval_illusion

i used to always think about that stuff when i was younger espiecially.

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It's weird, but that actually happened to me yesterday morning. I was sitting on my friends couch talking to her and all of a sudden I was just so terrified and felt like I was going to die. I don't know what it is though. It might have been triggered by extreme stress because I am going through a stressful situation. But unfortunately, I don't have any answers. Hopefully it won't happen to you again...

8. interval_illusion

thanks- sorry you had to deal with that too. it really sucks for a couple of seconds... you could be right about the stress thing. it makes a lot of sense.

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah. And it even though it sucks that other people go through the same bad things as you do, it's kind nice to know that you're not alone. Everytime something like that happens to me I always kinda worry that I'm going crazy, but maybe it's just something that we all have to deal with at one time or another? My new goal in life is to just calm the hell down about things though :p

10. interval_illusion

haha. yeah, i agree with you. im glad im not the only one who has had that happen.