Terminator :Dark Fate

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This was a lot better than I thought it would be. But i have a soft spot for all the Terminator movies, yes even 3, 4 and 5

Dark fate is no. 6

Linda Hamilton pretty much has the lead role, which is a surprise. Arnie was funny

And this Mackenzie Davis gives some pretty impressive fight scenes

James Cameron is credited with the story on this one

Zeboyz2020 likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We have Tickets to see it on Thursday. Can't wait!

In preperations we saw T2 last week at the movies also.

I will not try not to read this thread for spoilers, but I'll be back no doubt with all my gripes. Especially because you said Arnie was funny, and that's like a no no. :p

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I make the assumption that Mackensie Davis gets the hearts of ladies in comfortable shoes racing. If one is in to gals 7 foot tall that look like they could snap you neck with one hand

[​IMG]

Speaking of necks, thats a huge neck!

[​IMG]

More dainty:

[​IMG]

Fluro green with red Wizard of Oz shoes????

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not gonna bother with this until its on tv or netflix.

5. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I might go see it tomorrow!

Eric! and Irminsul like this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Horrible movie.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Really?

I liked it

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Based on VGs glowing review I actually went into this with high hopes.

The moment the first female fell from the sky my heart sank. Not another chick. :(

The movie continued to get worse, the settings were absolute junk. Some Mexican village, a car factory, a detainee centre. A Mexican border wall Trump managed to build in the future. The hoover Dam? Just hopeless. Arnie wasn't funny for me. He made two funnies and terminators should not be funny.

At the start I thought whoever is playing Sarah and John is pretty on point. Then when the terminator killed John I said to myself... I wonder what the terminator does now? Well that got cleared up. Apparently he has no mission so he decides to become a moral fucking citizen and a good husband. :tearsofjoy:

And the warm up future war? What are we on the beaches of Normandy I mean get the fuck outta here, fucken saving private Ryan shit and omg one of those "flashbacks" to the future, I turned and said to my wife are we watching aliens here or terminator. Terminator robots with tentacles. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: just fuck off with that shit.

Another hybrid fucken comic book shit mixed in with some director who had a vision and fell short by 24 miles.

What a let down.

And Linda Hamilton wasn't the same to me. She tried but it didn't fit the role. She was the badass, but I felt it was so put on. It was sad. I still liked her though. :)

As for the hybrid terminator girl.. Eh. Like I said. The moment she fell from the sky I knew it was going to be much like T3.

Linda Hamilton was never portrayed as an attractive female in the first terminators. That's what made the movies so good there was literally no sex appeal, just a bad ass chick no man could deal with. These days it's all the sex appeal again. Pretty much since T3 really.

Anyway I'll watch it again. But I can say I didn't like it.

I never watched the terminator TV series but I sense it somehow fits in with that and not the movies. Sarah Connor the terminator hunter. :tearsofjoy: fuck off.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Also the whole "I'll be back" and the new "I won't be back" is so played out now.

And they recycled the same song guitars and Cadillacs. And now if they make a quadquil, there's gonna be some beaner Terminator. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The best thing about this movie cost more than the actual movie ticket. And that's this metal Popcorn tin.

20191031_184636.jpg

Eric!, Pete's Draggin' and Orison like this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ouch, scathing

Then again I liked Terminator Salvation and no one else did

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Cyberdine Systems, model: one zero one, after all we have learned about that model of terminator... Breaks up a domestic dispute, develops feelings for the woman, marries her and helps raise a bastard child.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Oh man.

Kyle Reece: Listen and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever! until we are dead.

John Connor: Jesus, you were gonna kill that guy!
    Terminator: Of course, I'm a Terminator.

Now, T2 Arnie is different, his mission parameters allowed him to listen to John's word. But the Terminator at the start of the new movie, that's just your classic Model 101 infiltration unit. It only knows one thing. Kill or be killed. Infiltration units in all the movies all had that trait, and none of the bots from the future ever quit either.

I just don't like it. :p

I liked Terminator Salvation I just didn't like the terminator swimming snake bots in the water. I mean cyborg bots don't breath so they can just walk under water and kill shit anyway, so to design purpose snake machines strictly for water seemed silly to me.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

Not to be a dick but did anyone ever go back and get Pugsley the Iguana.. They live for 20yrs. a beloved pet just abandoned. Sara you ****!!

Irminsul and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  14. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Irmi saved me money.
    Her review is spot on even though I didn't see the movie.

I just read her post as if she was giving a LIVE irace commentary.

Thanks Irms

Irminsul likes this.
  15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep a few more coins for the dragon ceramic bank

[​IMG]

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's just my opinion though and I'm historically pretty brutal with sequals. :p I just want them true to the original films, if that's what they're going for then just make the bloody thing right and True to what we've all known.

Now basically Terminator 3 onwards are just stand alone movies now that have no reflection in the series anymore.

They're better off just making a spin off movie without Arnie or anything else resembling anything we all know in the Terminator universe.

Pete's Draggin' and Orison like this.
  17. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yups, one of the things that made that movie stupid imo

Comments like this remind me of Running Horse nagging on The last jedi. After a few pages of heated debate it became apparent he only read other peoples reviews on it lol, he didn't see the movie.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pete's right though. There's no way I'm wrong about it. I've been reading others reviews too. It's shit.

20. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

It was alright, I give it 7/10.