Tensions run high in forest

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Ryver, Jun 21, 2006.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

hopefully ill be dead by then,, an lodui can pay his fees an sign his waivers for a day in the woods..

2. malakala

malakala Member

" me.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

The mob broke the national park rules which are meant to protect the forest. A thousand people gathinering anywhere isn't good for a local place, and you don't pay to trash a public place, which is what these idiots were doing.

Especially somewhere that might be delicate, like I dunno, a park.

You're an old man who can't spell, or make a coherent argument, so you make personal attacks.

It's petty.

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Why don't you guys go to the coral reefs next, rent a few thousand boats, get a buncha of beer.

Yehah. Nobody owns the ocean man.

5. hippiehillbilly

once again i must ask,, have you ever been to a gathering,, from start to finish??

have you ever witnessed forest service workers an and rangers asking family to leave improvements made on the land?

have you ever read the gratitude they show us when we leave??

why do you insist on thinking you know when you dont??

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/index.html

here read articles by people that can actually spell.. ya may learn somethin.. ;)

luv n light

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

lodai we have ever since the beginning been praised left & right for outr respect & treatment of the land we gather on & in fact leave the site in as good or better condition then we arrived. in fact our own guidlines for where you can & cant camp or setup kitchens are strickter then the forresst services, who in fact ignore theyre own rules regularly, at past gatherings we've seen people cited for camping near what was called a delicate stream but was really a tiny runnoff trickle of water 3 inches wide by 1/2 inch deep..whickh the fs then rode theyre horses straight up & totaly decimated the entire stream
    at other gatherings we were banned from using certain areas because of artifacts in the soil, which tthe fs had gone through & confiscated 50,000 artifacts & refused to return the to tribal hands without a congressional order
    the fact is, the permit issue is about 1 thing only, we take better care of the forresst then the fs does, & they do not want us to see the areas they clearcutt or drill for oipl or sell off to tank or bomber ranges
    do some research before you speak..as for the permits, they are unconstitutional, unjust laws must be broken to expose the injustace..nuff said

7. hippiehillbilly

oh hes outnumbered now,, he will never reply again..
    see there is no tear gas on the internet,,an now hes surrounded by god fersaken land trashers..

i guess hell just turn tale an run ..

maybee not maybee he will wanna see??

love n light

8. Lis

Lis Member

I have read that you do leave the forest in better shape than when you arrived and that you do respect the land. But I bet the Routt county forest department hasn't bothered to do their research. And to a degree why should they? They are minimally paid government officials following orders. If the permit is truly un-constitutional, then it wouldn't be enforcable either, so why worry about signing it. :) Peace, Love, Everybody wins. Incedentially the local paper is writing good things about the way you leave the land as well... people are learning about you. This is a shock to a community of 10,000. You have to play a hand in teaching the locals, and the government if you plan to be successful in your voice being heard. Hippyhillbilly.

9. soaringeagle

just show him the article from the modoc press after the cali gathering they had the most right for concern for that sacred land after the fs tricked us into using 1 of the most sensative sites in the country as far as artifacts goes (then stole 50,000 of the artifacts weeks before seed camp started)
    the modoc press's prais of our treatment & respect for the forresst & the extraordinary efforts we go through after every gatherig to ensure there is no sigjn we ever were there, no impact on the land at all long term & no tiny peice of microtrash left behind..if you could find anything with a magnifying glass we found it & removed it
    including any fluids leaked from vehicles
    we have always cared more about the areas we gather in then the fs ..theres years of documentation of that if you just care to read about it ..cant seem to find tyhe direct link to the info, hhb you know what i'm looking for right? wasa link something like rainbow in the press, & hada collection of dozens of past articlesabout cleanups aftr gatherings 1 was entitled "leave no trace behind" & i forget the rest
    if anyone knows where to findem, may be good idea to repost the link here if nothing else to quiet the locals fearsthat we will leavea mess behind

off subject but a note tolocal store owners, at past gatherings & i'm sure this 1 early in seed camp usualy a few folks go tothe store owners & tell them to stock up on bulk items but usualy theyre also toldto keep track of anything stole n & we'd reimburse them after.. asfar as i know we havent had to reimburse anyone since theft did not increase by more then a couple candy bars over what was normal..& they made sooooo much money they wouldnt have cared if they had thousands in thefts (i personaly was told that after the alhegheny gathering) typicaly the local economy gets a boom equal about what they usualy bring in for 5-10 years

10. soaringeagle

lis! bring your family on down !! (make sure you dont stop at bus villiage/A-camp & go allllll the way in) A-camp near parking can make ya wanna turn around & run, but if you really wanna learn what its about come on down follow ypur heart it willlead you to where you want to be

11. hippiehillbilly

we been inspiring the world since 1972 sister!!!:sunglasse

love n light..

12. sila

sila Member

So the Rainbow Family should be exempt from laws relating to conservation because ALL of them know exactly what may harm the environment and ALL of them are environmentally friendly?? That's ridiculous. The laws are there for a reason. If you let one person do as they please then how can you expect anyone else, who may have no regard for the environment, not to do as they please?

It makes no difference what the Rainbow Family is, or isn't about.

13. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

and to hhb as well

I get the impression that this incident was an anomaly, not a representation of all rainbow gatherings

And I think that what Lodui was trying to get at is that the conservation laws are in place because there are a lot of dumbasses who would fuck up the land in some serious ways if they weren't in place, if they weren't at least somewhat enforceable.

That you guys don't follow them and get praised for it is your own dealio. but remember that there are plenty of other campers who don't do that, who would damage the land not improve it if they weren't subject to the laws as well

14. hippiehillbilly

to quote a brother whom i acknowledge his knowledge..

soo umm???

15. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

we never sign permits because we are not an organization. we have no leaders and no members so who would decide whether we signed a permit or not. we cannot take a vote or even decide whether to do it or not. and if you have no idea what you are talking about you should refrain from making a statement that makes apsolutely no sense what so ever especially if you have never been to or experience a peaceful gathering where we have left the site nicer than it was before. peace, love and light

16. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

To these folks who are thinking that by signing a permit that the environment will be protected:

The permit has nothing to do with protecting the environment; it is to 'prove' that Rainbow has leaders when in fact Rainbow does not. Rainbow folks are far more likely to identify endangered species & sensitive areas (such as wetlands) than the FS & many Rainbows choose 'personal missions' at Gathering to protect all aspects of the environment. These folks & their missions (which can be anything from basic recycling, to marking sensitve areas, and many other things in all ranges ) will do their best to educate the uneducated. Most seasoned Rainbows are going to lean down & pick up any trash that may be on the trail, including cigarette butts and they'll do it without any law or permit that says they have to. Education & just plain caring does so much more for the environment than laws & regulations (especially when you're talking about hippies).

There's an old Rainbow joke that goes like this:
    Why'd the hippie cross the road?

Cuz someone told him not to.

Why'd he come back to the other side?

Cuz someone nicely asked him to!

The Rainbow Family has tryed to work with the FS but the FS just wants their 'T's crossed and there 'I's dotted; paperwork isn't necessary; kindness & respect would work just fine, but they'd rather harrass people & pull out their guns while keeping people away from their gear (and let their horses crap in the streams, run their ATVs through the forest & play their favorite power trip games!)

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

It is a little frighting being in here hillbilly, knowing that violent stone throwing riots may be coming any second.

And I'm sure there are lots of people who come to these meeting to show off their BA's in ecology. It doesn't matter if they start rioting.

And it doesn't matter if they don't have leaders. They all did decide to gather there, and somewhere in the gathering process, someone could have asked them to do a menial amount of paperwork that's designed for any large groups so the forest services can look out for them and the enviornement.

18. willow_11

willow_11 Member

I have only seen this one account of throwing stones (pasted over from the Denver paper.) What happened by eye witness accounts is that the family acted with honor in a tense situation. The ohm broke the blockade. You can be proud of them.

I question highly the stone account. But if it happened, sow sow and I apologize and ask that you blame us, as we failed to teach the power of non-violence to some gatherer.

I paste over my account from the Steamboat Pilot forums.

We are getting reports from eye witnesses on site: It was not a "checkpoint" as reported. It was a blockade. Family coming home were denied entrance. There were about 30-50 carloads piling up on the road outside, many of them holding kitchens. They simply pulled out their kitchens and started making food for the stranded. That keeps people calm.

On the inside of the gathering, word got around that there was a blockade and 60 or 70 folk came forward to the entrance. When the officers raised their guns at them, the gatherers did the most non-threatening thing they could do: They joined hands and started ohming. It's important for officers to see your hands in a tense situation. Ohming was important to show the officers their intention and as a prayer for help.

When the folks being blockaded on the outside saw what was happening, they too joined hands and started ohming. Suddenly, the officers were surrounded. Yes, surrounded by hippies holding hands and ohming, but surrounded. The officers broke through the line and left.

I have heard of no one throwing rocks. And none of the gatherers were injured.

Credit to the officers, the hippies, and the gods that this situation was peacefully diffused.

"There's a little crack in everything, where the Light gets in..."

19. willow_11

willow_11 Member

And thanks, family, for patiently attempting the explain the permit/constitution issue.

I gather to heal and trade memes, L. That ~is~ the party...

20. HighDesertHippie

HighDesertHippie Banned

amen bro :)