Tennessee Schools Now Required To Trust God

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by tumbling.dice, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

To trust in God is just a metaphor for believing in yourself, to a heathen. I guess if you're Christian then it means to trust in your lord, thought I find perceptions on religion these days are vastly changing. You got the church now siding with science as new things are proved correct and the church knows it cant win this battle of information anymore, people aren't believing, so it must coincide with each other, which it does because God is God, therefore any scientific scenario is easily related to God and nobody can disprove that, no matter how many hours a day you stare at a forum and deny it. ;)

Anyways I reckon if you're gone chuck a tantrum and not do well at school based on a national slogan, like good luck to you, but you're only fooling yourself and any possible career. What should they really display in front of the school?

That photo I posted the other day in the picture thread of someone throwing their doctorate cap in the air and a McDonald's hat come down and lands on his head instead? It's a realistic scenario. Maybe they should throw that on school instead, be like, hey at the end of the day the statistics show that whether you believe in God or not, or an atheist or not, come participate and school, we can't offer you a future anyway.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I didn't think anyone opposing this was implying it would cause kids to do badly at school.. It's just that it gets into the collective subconscious and could help promote "Trust any president or corporation who aligns themselves with god" since people love to not think.

Instead they could have any number of quotes about how learning and thinking matters

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Apparently you’re not familiar with the Separation of Church and State.

It's fundamental to the Constitution and has been upheld in every challenge, and it will be again despite the current makeup of the court..

Those lousy southern country fucks

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No, that's true. I don't know about the seperation of church and state. Regardless, it's still stupid. :p

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Then all the no good kids will start complaining about the applications of using their mind when playing with their penis is more enjoyable. :p

Someone would complain about it. Lol. That's what I mean about a bad attitude. It's got to a point where humans believe their individual rights are far superior to the rest of the humans, that almost EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING will be disputed for no real gain or loss.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I guess trust that no armed maniacs shoot up your school and classmates. I bet metal detectors and security guards would be more reliable than God, however.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

God's master plan...

I feel like the world is being dragged into 'The Book Of Job' by the Abrahamic death cults. They fixate on selfishly dismissing their immoral behavior and 'end of days' salvation fantasies. "Only the God fantasy in my head can judge me!" Making bull shit excuses for all the bad things they see, "It's a test, it's all the blasphemers and video games fault". Their collective God/Devil delusions, it's a big fucking self fulfilling prophecy. 'Trust God' HA! Trust God to fuck the human race right back to the stone age where he rules best.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    I think the world used to be even more full with such believers.

9. Like the rest of us, their lives are inundated with sex and violence and celebrity worship. They know it's all wrong, but their faith gets them a ticket into Heaven. What they think they're going to do there, Lord only knows. I guess Jesus will feed them bread and they'll be satisfied. They love him so much. He's all they truly need.

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I hope lots of bible belt'ian kids get to read this thread.

Hold on, I had to have a shit.

"Shame on you, same on you! Don't you know the internet is the devil's playground."

"Satan, err, I mean SAY TEN hail Mary's and go clean my guns. Don't touch my wonderful drugs hidden behind that gun cabinet. All the paraphernalia is there with the bullets for your convenience. Err, I mean MY convenience. I mean get your own damn drugs. Honor thy father step brother. Now don't forget to fiddle your cousins or kill something just fer funnin'. You can't ask sweet bloody Jesus for forgiveness if ya ain't done yer sinnings."

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  11. Asmodean

Why?

I don't think they will get anything out of it. And I can't really blame them. In fact, i see plenty of posts that will affirm them in their judgemental convictions about atheists/nonbelievers and the 'misguided'.

Edit: nevermind. I am tired and for a sec mistook this thread for the 'i love Lucifer' thread!

12. Asmodean

relaxxx likes this.
  13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There are hundreds, if not thousands of secular quotes that are fitting for public schools and don't infringe on anyone's religon or lack thereof.

beachbum86 and scratcho like this.
  14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The problem is, it should not be "freedom OF religion". That was so Catholics and Protestants would stop killing each other.

The policy really should be "freedom FROM religion".

15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Well, I guess when you can't trust in your own public education system...

I suppose this could be TN's way of absolving themselves of responsibility when their students fail. "It's not our fault as poorly-funded educators managed by a government with priorities that are elsewhere, it's God's will."

I wish people would stop invoking the Holy Father to push their warped agendas. Religion is personal and should be treated as such. Monuments to it shouldn't be scrawled across the walls of public schools. What's next? A banner that reads, "In Science We Trust" hanging in a Southern Baptist church somewhere? Would TN allow that shit for a minute?

16. SpaceSissy

SpaceSissy Expert Knob Polisher

Not surprised. They also pitch a bitch any time a state income tax is mentioned but will beg for school supplies from parents.