Tennessee Hippys Unite!

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Curious_Jane, Sep 10, 2006.

1. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

Speaking of The Farm, I recently found this podcast from hippielawywer that is broadcast (is that the right term?) from The Farm. The few I have listened to have been interesting.

http://hippielawyer.libsyn.com/

2. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

I have not really been to Nashville much and not in a long time, so I can't really answer your question. But welcome to Tennessee (when you get here)! I think Vanderbilt has a few music festivals that are suppose to be pretty cool. I hope you enjoy your time here.

3. Smokin4Peace

Smokin4Peace Member

I'm leaving for Nashville this summer for a 3 week internship. I would love to have some friends to hang with a couple times while I'm down there. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll get you my cell...I'll bring the bowl ;)

4. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

Hello from East TN. I live a few miles from flmkpr. He lives down on the mountain and I live in town. It is alright. Yes, there are a lot of bible thumpers and rednecks around. But there are also a lot of folks who are really nice and supportive even if they aren't hippies. I saw a couple of hippie dudes at Food Lion. I tried to get there attention and say hi but they did not stop. I was not dressed hipster style so they might have thought I was a crazy woman wanting to give them a bible tract or something. I sure would like to hang out if anyone in the local area is interested. PM me and maybe we can get together. The more the merrier. One can never have two many friends.

Peace, Cricket

5. Smokin4Peace

Smokin4Peace Member

:D I need some family here...real family LOL mine is driving me nuts and I've only been here 2 days!

6. Niketa

Niketa Member

i used to live in east tennessee. [maryville mostly.]
    im moving back to servierville, i used to hate tennessee, but once i moved to oklahoma i was so messed up. tennessee is a lot better than you think. :D
    <3333333
    much love.

7. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

I live RIGHT in the heart of NASHVILLLEEEEEEEEEE Tennessee :)

8. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

ohhh yeah...im goin to roo....but i never pay :)

9. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

hubby and i are thinking of taking a drive to nashville for a weekend this summer to check out vanderbilt for him. plus i want to make some new friends. god that sounds corny!

10. hemlock hollow

hemlock hollow Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'm in chuckey. in the mountains. we back up to the cherokee national forest.

11. Cuban

Cuban Member

hmm...
    no body from mufreesboro then?

too bad...

12. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

know of any good hostles in nashville?

13. chelsi_23

chelsi_23 Member

Whats up people? I live in boring ole Jackson,Tn and I just wanted to see if there's anymore West Tennessians here.

14. chelsi_23

chelsi_23 Member

umm well i'm like 2 hours from murfreesburo. i come to nashville alot.

15. Shugamagnolia21

Shugamagnolia21 Member

I'm in Dalton, GA which is just a hop (omit the skip and the jump because it is that close) away from Chattanooga. I am the token hippie chick in my little town. I have gotten used to driving to Chatty for social civilized interactions. I'm glad to have found a few heady friends there.

16. jennasays

jennasays Member

I live in Gallatin but it sort of small. I will be moving to Mufressboro in the fall, for college.

17. emisue

emisue Member

I'm from tennessee. [=. nice to meet y'all

18. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Hey all, just moved to Johnson City, and I must say that it's much better than Miami. I'm beginning to like it here, I think I'll stay for a while.

19. Kevinlovesmary

Kevinlovesmary Member

hey I live in JC too man! yeah I live in good ol Johnson City

20. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

well i live mountain city, if you want lets do a few pms maybe get together build a big fire and listen to a few tunes!!!!