Tennessee Hippys Unite!

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Curious_Jane, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Curious_Jane

Curious_Jane Member

Peace To All! Im Holly AKA Curious Jane and ever sence I have been coming to hipforums I have been tring to get in touch or meet other open minded,spiritual hippys. Now I know Tn is rather behind in the times and the buckle of the bible belt but come on I know there are more hippys out there! I have not met a single hip cat on here from my area sence I joined. Were is everybody?! I put out post and tried to start a hip group on myspace and so far nothing! So if your out there hippys give a sister a holla and let her know she is not the only one in Tn! *LOVE*

2. kissya

kissya Head Mistress

You're not the only one in TN. I've been here 16 years, lol I'm in eastern TN...20min from the mountains.

3. Curious_Jane

Curious_Jane Member

Nice to meet you thats good to know..... It just seems like everyone is in hiding.

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

theres a ton of folks on here from tennessee..

some really good folks ..

course there all 20 years older than you,, but that shouldnt matter.. or does it??

5. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I'm from tennessee, bout 40 miles northeast of nashville in a city called hendersonville. I'm only 18 too. I dunno if I would call myself a hippy, but I'm definately for peace, love and nature. I guess I am a hippy, I just don't do the stereotypical dress and attitude. Yea that's about it

peace

6. Curious_Jane

Curious_Jane Member

No it does not matter at all! I would just like to know Im not the only one. Its hard where I live tring to feel normal excepted. I always hear about places like San Fran and parts of Arizona or Canada and how it is really ecletic and liberal ect ect and I haven't been anywhere outside of TN ever! so I try to find other people like me to connect with and no matter what I do no one respones! Im looking to relocate in the TN area and would like to know there are places to go where other people are like minded......*LOVE*

7. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

Hi, I am in Knoxville so here is another one. Where is it that you live that is so bad?

8. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

Umm ok, I just saw your other post. lol I have never been to Sparta. Is it that bad?

9. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I'm just outside Nashvegas as well... Lebanon, TN here.... It's not so bad. Ppl are mostly decent and chill. Good ol' boys have green thumbs and are usually friendly! :)

10. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

So ... are we united yet? :p

11. RobbNano

RobbNano Member

I live in Hermitage east of Nashville about 10 mins from downtown. Nobody is ever alone. Love everything with everything you've got! :)

12. makno

makno Senior Member

east tenn. ...... chattown , the senic city ......what a laugh !

13. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

I'm here in Sevierville, TN.

14. RSXtacy

RSXtacy Member

Chatty hahaha... it is a boring town, yes.... well until you move to Cookeville for college

15. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

east tn here to!!

16. reincarnatedhippy

reincarnatedhippy Member

east tn just south of tellico i go to coker creek all the time for spirital peace and elightenment.... bein in the bible belt is hard considering my veiws on stuff in my house.....conservative christians VS. liberal christian(me)...... hippies unite for peace,love, and happiness....dont 4 get 2 pass the grass

17. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

:)

18. kissya

kissya Head Mistress

Cool....I was just there last weekend. rented a cabin in the woods for some much needed R&R.

19. Chancey

Chancey Member

I just became registered with Hippy.com, but I live in Middle Tennessee... But I don't think I live anywhere close to anybody else on this forum... i live closer to the dickson county area...

20. hippychick2b

hippychick2b Member

I lived in roane county for 19 years hubby lived on a commune in summertown.