Telling your SO everything

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by la Principessa, Jul 26, 2013.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

When your friends or family confide in you for something, do you tell your significant other?

In my case, my fiance is not the kind of person to gossip or tell people things I want to keep secret. So is it wrong if someone tells me a secret and I share it with him? I'm so used to talking to him about everything because we're so open with each other.

Since no one here knows me really in person..my sister came out to me today. No one knows but me, and two close friends of hers. She really only asked me not to tell my mom and I agreed to that. But is it wrong that I told my SO about it? What do you guys do?

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

That means you can tell everybody else until word finally gets back to your mother.

How much thinking does this actually take? :juggle:

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I don't know. That's a tricky one really. I would look at that on a situational basis. If you are absolutely sure your SO isn't gonna tell other people.. it's not that wrong maybe and normal... I mean, I do it sometimes. But sometimes I don't. Because, really, if it's something serious or personal and the person just wanted YOU to know... they could be horrified to find out what personal things about them your SO knows...

4. d0nny

d0nny Member

Do I tell my significant other everything? For the most part, Yes. I don't have alot of friends I talk to regularly so I wouldn't have anybody to tell anyway. But when it comes to doing drugs, I have to be somewhat secretive.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I noticed you said talking to him, not talking with him

No one knows but you and two her friends that she cant get a boyfriend?

6. la Principessa

Yeah true. Just my fiance and I live pretty far from my mom and sister so I figured that by the time we go see them and she has a girlfriend or whatever, it would be alright that he knows. He doesn't talk to her on the phone or anything. If we lived closer I probably wouldn't have told him.

We usually talk to each other about stuff involving our friends just because we both know we won't let on we know about it to the person it's about. I wanted to know if a lot of couples do this.

7. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I would hope you could trust your SO. But on the other hand I know a few people I could tell a secret, not to tell anyone, and the secret would spread like wildfire.

8. PaullyNormous

PaullyNormous Members

I don't fell my wife anything.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I spend like 98% of the day with my girl. If someone tells me something she's hearing it either way.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

my boyfriend knows pretty much everything my girlfriends share with me. I dont tell him to be malicious and I know he wont tell anyone, so no harm done is my opinion.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

None of you tell your S/O EVERYTHING

1 person likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    The ultimate anthropologist. If he doesn't do it you certainly can't be doing it :D

13. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]It depends on how personal it is. When it comes to stuff about me then I tell him about 97.4% of everything. When it comes to stuff others tell me in confidence it really depends on what it is. I'm a pretty good secret keeper. Usually if its not my information to share I can keep it to myself. [/SIZE]

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Dibber dobbers wear nappies. :d

15. hawkrider

hawkrider Member

We share everything. After 10 years we know we can trust each other all the way.
    We are together (traveling) pretty much 24/7.
    How much can you hide at that rate??

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is why i don't talk to people in relationships.

17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Always.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You give a crap what your mate's SO would think of you (or what you said)?
    But true, if i know someone will spread sensitive info (even when they're not supposed to) I can get a little more tactical on what i share too ;) Seems only sensible. I'll still talk to them though :p

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, it depends on what i said and who the SO is. i tend to be overly private though, so i feel a little weird if even benign personal info is being spread around.

20. la Principessa

My sister turned out to be one of those girls that likes to think that being with a woman is "easier" and just wanted to be a lesbian because she's tired of men. She's dating another man now. But to get back on topic, I like the idea that an SO should be like a best friend who you tell everything to. Of course not everyone wants this. I just wanted to hear some opinions on it.