Tell us about yourself.

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by zilla939, May 28, 2009.

1. gothgirl

gothgirl Member

I'm 21, female, wanting to get dreads for first time, came her for advice before I do so am also english

2. Enjoy

Enjoy Senior Member

goths usually get synths

I reccommend you follow this route

welkum 2 da 4rum

3. Squeak Harlequin

Squeak Harlequin Guest

sorry if this is too long! this has also been posted on knottylocks forum as well... so apologies if you've had to read this twice haha

Hi guys. thought it was high time I joined a forum. I'm not far off starting my dread journey... Just waiting for my hair to get a little longer because I dont really want to go for the porcupine look lol (my hair is only 7 1/2 inches long at the moment)

I'm 21 and I've been wanting dreads since I was 14... just never had someone to help me (no way am i paying $500 for a hairdresser to gunk my hair up with awful wax and products and most likely not even do a decent job, ick!).

But now my best friend is ready and willing to start me off when I ask her too... so excited!

My first dread idols (of course) were johnathan davis and all the dudes from korn... but now, the person's dreads i idolize the most (unfortunately he has long since cut them off) is Jonne Aaron's, from a finnish band called Negative. I love the thin, neat look, and to me his dreads were perfect!! Thankfully I have slight OCD tendencies so the rigorous maintenence I'm going to have to upkeep to achieve even, uniform locks isn't a daunting task to me.
    (There's also something insanely sexy about blonde dreads.... just me or? :D)

That's about all for now... I hope to get to know everyone a little bit better!

for anyone interested... this is jonne aaron and his pretty dreads...
    [​IMG]

and this is me... being super amused by the fact that i found a packet of glow in the dark condoms that completely matched my suit :D
    [​IMG]

4. aceridgey

aceridgey Member

I am a Rasta man, musician and music student at a University in the United Kingdom.

I have a wide range of interests outside the world of Rasta, and music, including..... Avaition... Random I know right!

I am 6ft 3" [190cm] and have a gorgeous Swedish misses,

5. Tjmphx

Tjmphx Guest

Hey guys, I'm TJ from the Arizona desert. I work as an auto mechanic and my hobbies are based around the outdoors. I mountain bike and board, lots of hiking, backpacking, snowboarding in the winter and I breed a few types of reptiles. I have 2 month old dreadies started by alternating styles of backcombing some and tnr to start them. Now it's all about the neglect.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hi Tjmphx, And Welcome To Our Dready Forum...:).

Cheers Glen.

7. treedoll

treedoll Guest

Hello forum! My name is Andrea and I’m 18 years alt. I live in the beautiful hills of Arkansas and originally hail from Germany. :p I knit a lot and listen to music a lot. I’m going to college here. My baby dreads will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I backcombed to begin but I’ve been neglecting since! No wax of course. Hopefully I will stay with this community for awhile.

I snapped this photo of myself today. <:D
    [​IMG]

8. wameron36

wameron36 Senior Member

@ Tjmphx - What sort of reptiles you breed man?
    All of those hobbies win by the way.

And @ Treedoll - You are very pretty, and I love the shapes and such of the locks! They're gonna end up awesome!

Welcome lads

9. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

10. treedoll

treedoll Guest

Thank you both!

11. Enjoy

Enjoy Senior Member

hello

12. LoveisIntheHeart

LoveisIntheHeart Member

[​IMG]

Tell us, who are you? What do you call yourself?
    I call myself Lupita
    Who I am? I am a ball of energy set in this
    beautiful earth

What brings you here? To meet fellow
    love energys who enjoy mother earth

How long have you had dreads if you have them?
    I'm new to this, couple of months

What methods have you used?
    Love, Peace, Magic ;)

13. littlelionman

littlelionman Guest

Hello and G'day everyone, I am the little lion man but people who I speak to day to day call me Ivan. I have been putting some serious (as well as some silly, none too serious) thought about getting dreadlocks. I have been growing out my hair for roughly six months so far for that reason though.
    I'm here to hopefully get some insight into dreadlocks and things.

Might put a pic up of my hair later at some time.

14. bscott4

bscott4 Guest

helllo hellllo!! My name is Bailey.. Uhhh I used to play football for a college called UCA (University of Central Arkansas) but I fugged up my collar bone for the billonth time and quit. Uhhhhh I major in Digital Film! (YOUTUBE channel - https://www.youtube.com/starpowerxo ) I like to :smoking: by myself or within ppl I know very well or else I TRIP ME SMOOTH OUT. Uhhh yea! My best friend is back combing for me on Friday so I'll be sure and post pictures of that. ANNND last and least, this is a picture of meeeh. (Ignore the eyes -.- ) http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/579479_3563143310494_2117673649_n.jpg

http://www.************/photo.php?f...69766777389.2059760.1030170123&type=1&theater

15. KnottySpence

KnottySpence Member

Hi I'm Spencer, and I am newly dreaded (a little over two months). I came to this forum to watch other peoples growth and success in dreads, and follow their methods for the hope of amazing looking dreads. I started mine out by backcombing, and since then, I've just been palm rolling them and giving them a lot of love.

I will be doing monthly dread progression videos on Youtube on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SBarr9

here is my most recent update so you guys can see where I am at :2thumbsup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XidDIRVHCrA

16. KEU13

KEU13 Member

So, i am a mother of on (so far) i would like another one soon i think, when life happens it happens and i am turning 25 in a couple of months and have been thinking DAM, when am i going to bite the bullet and try dreads? i am getting old and time is running out! haha.

though i love most dreads i am much more partial to styled neat dreads that are mostly uniform in size and well sectioned. there is no reason behind this its just more me, i like to be in a bit of control over most everything! hehe.

i love the idea of having dreads and can not wait to get started! i know i am going to keep them chemical and wax free and that they take time to form properly!!

if any one wants to tell me the story of their dreads I'm always interested :D

i am off now to read through thread after thread!! great to meet you all :D

17. JasonVII

JasonVII Is Awesome

Good Luck is all I have to say to you.... trying to control your dreads is like trying to get the toast to fall butter side up

18. Enjoy

Enjoy Senior Member

hahahah! comedian over here

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Good Morning Mr Enjoy, I Trust Your Life And New Job

Are Running Smoothly...:).

Cheers Glen.

20. Enjoy

Enjoy Senior Member

smooth as your dreadless head GlegGleg