tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by retrofishie, May 9, 2004.

1. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Maggie, I must agree with some of the people in this thread that you can be quite harsh in the fact that you are like "Give me facts and stats without facts it doesn't mean anything!" Kinda deal. I'm not saying that's 100% accurate in any way, a lot of your posts are very helpful and make sense, but you do seem to attack people a lot more than need be. I hope you dont take that in offense, I really dont want to piss anyone off, that's just how I feel. I was on the old forums for a LONG time too (never posted that often in Women's Issues, read a lot there though) and I felt you were overly defensive in your posts. So don't hate me, that's just how I feel and I'm an honest person...

As for the original posts, I mostly agree. Women often use the excuse of "I'm a woman" to get a job/complain/get symphathy. I see it happen a lot around my school, in the city, everywhere. I guess I can't completely judge by EVERYTHING I see and hear around me, but that's just how it seems to be. If a women doesn't get a job, and a man gets it instead, doesn't she have the right to ask the employer WHY she did not recieve the job and the man did? A lot of them out there seem to assume it's because they're women without knowing the actual facts, and I really don't understand that. Just because we're women doesn't mean we should get every job we apply for if we're underqualified or in some other way not fit for the job. That's just stupid.

*sigh* I'm out of thoughts... No reason in saying hte same thing 10 different ways...

2. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

flowerchild, i completley agree with everything you said, i think you did an amazing job of expressing yourself.

3. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Well thank you that's the best compliment I've gotten all day :)