tell me what to do !

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Love_N_it, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

I am supposed to fly into Houston airport tuesday at 2:10 pm tuesday afternoon, i just got off the phone with southwest and they said if I changed my ticket right now, i could move up my flight to leave 24 hours earlier.

the variables about this hurricane are unreal, and I am supposed to be leaving from Houston early early wednesday morning to drive to Canada for a 2 month long job, that I really need to make enough money to get my finances back in order since I have spent the past month at home researching information and trying to break my foot off in the government's ass.

the dilemma,
    my best friend is a mortician in Louisiana, and I was a fireman for ten years, he was a volunteer fireman for the same dept that I used to manage. He is also part of a 'mass casualty' responce team and it is blatantly obvious that tens of thousands of people may be dead and floating in the water north and south of the hometown that I used to live and work in. there is mandatory evacuations for everybody south of LA Hwy 22 and that is the main road that runs east to west in our hometown. He is taking his wife and children north and dropping off at his daddy's house in Memphis and returning back to tangipahoa parish(if possible) to coordinate with the military and the rest of the body identification and recovery team that will be activated as soon as the hurricane dies down.
    I called him earlier and told him that instead of going to Canada to work that after I landed in Houston I was going to get a ride or make my way to Louisiana to meet up and help him with his work. He said that would be find and the help would definintely be needed.
    I just don't know if I should change my flight plans so that I arrive in Houston at 2:10 pm tomorrow, or wait untill tuesday.
    Obviously it will be nearly impossible to get into the most effected disaster areas, but I will have the information to be able to catch a ride with either the military or the police that are going into the N.O. area to recover and rescue bodies.
    I have 6 hours to make a decision about the flight arrangements,
    what would you do?

2. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

find something better to do with my time

3. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

damn.

I decided to just wait to fly into Houston Tuesday and go from there. It's not like I would be going to participate in the search and rescue operations.

It you consider yourself smart, or you are just a smart ass, then it would probably be wise to fill up your fuel tanks in the morning. There are no reports of damage or destruction to any of the 3000 plus oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, but the price of oil has already exceeded 70 dollars a barrel today. that is the highest it has ever been.

I could be wrong, I wish I was,
    hopefully the ripple effect of this Category 5 hurricane won't be a problem for any of you.
    Good luck. oh, and thanks for the advice you buncha' bitches.

4. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

you're welcome :)

5. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

to be cold.
    good thing you are in a place that has enough fuel to burn so none of you turn into a popcicle in winter. ;)

it looks like the storm is turning north north east, and N.O. might not become a toilet full of people... YA !

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I still think you should have put a T in your name instead of the N

7. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

"I still think you should have put a T in your name instead of the N"

i'm assuming that you have had other thoughts since the last time you made that announcement, if not, I guess the humane thing to do is ask you why so you can get it out before the rust eats a hole through your neck.

I don't wish more people would have gotten killed, I just wish this hurricaine would have been bad enough to break it off in Uncle Sam's crooked ass.

Everything in this world is set to fall as soon as something causes this nations economy to crumble, if they ever had to balance it.