tell me more

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kitty fabulous, May 16, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i'm increasingly interested in the rainbow family, and want to know more. i have 2 children, ages 6 and 2, who i'm unschooling, and from what i've seen on webpages and here it appears that many of the values that are embraced by the rainbows are values thati, as a parent and home "educator" want my children exposed to. i like the emphasis on treading lightly on the earth, and on living without the dependency on possessions and money that most people seem to have. i think i could use a little help getting over some trust issues, myself, and that kind of community might be good medicine.

i've been wanting to start networking, finding some rainbows in my area. i'd like someday to hit the road and do some traveling with the kids, although i'd want to wait until the kids are a little older so that they can get the most out of the experience - i doubt shakti (my daughter) would even remember it now. i'd like to take them to an event sometime. please, tell me about yourselves.

peace,
    kitty fabulous

2. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Hi :)

My son is 4 and my daughter 1. When I tuck my boy into bed out here in the money-grubbing Babylon he often asks me to tell him a story about going "up on the mountain." Sometimes he even specifically asks for a story about a Rainbow gathering. They are every bit as enlightening and exciting for tiny kids as they are for adults-- my boy has been going since he was 6 months old and my girl since she was 4 weeks. BTW they are as healthy, smart and well-adjusted as you could want kids to be. And for you, a gathering can be very healing, if only because you can feel strong and capable of caring for their every need while in a beautiful mountain setting, exercising your right to gather peaceably as our Founding Fathers envisioned, and having the freaking mind-blowing time of your life!!
    I used to live in upsate NY, never been to Rochester but I know there are a lot of Rainbows in Ithica that gather outside there. Check out the lightlines and potlucks and websites at www.welcomehome.org.
    Believe it or not, but most Rainbow types are not surfing the internet yet. Maybe soon, but not yet...
    Beeeeeeeeeeeeeee