Tell me about your weird dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My daughter sleep walks and it scares me for her.

2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Glad you liked it.

Once I see pictures of hf members (avatars/posts) and then read all the pages of discussions/chat threads about their daily lives and interests...... I can very easily remember who they are in my dreams.

It'd be hard for me to know who the member was without a facial picture.

Except..........

Of course it twaz a guy in my dreams, that was going to give me a tour of the city De Wallen, Singelgebied or Ruysdaelkade, after he's done watching the movie The Big Lebowski, while petting a specific farm animal and listening to death metal in the background.

And Oops.......
    Oh, almost forgot
    ...I've also dreamt about The Caped Crusader ...so I know what member was wearing that disguise.

Orison, McFuddy, Eric! and 2 others like this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can relate to that. I have come across folks from HF too in my dreams even if I don't know what they look like I sense an extreme familiarity about them.

Like I'll be driving in a dream and dragon comes flying over and sings Iiiirmeeeeeee and I'm like hey okay that's Pete's Dragon. :p

No, but really. It's odd. I guess my imagination creates an image or a perception of what I think the person looks like. My two most memorable dreams were I was with Aeri, but I won't go into it. :p and I also got to spend the day with Lynn. :) I know what both of these members looks like and they were like that in my dream.

Others I'm not so sure of. I can definitely recall several times I've awoken and gone "heh, that was such and such" but I cannot remember the actual dream. One of them I vaguely recall like a festival and I ran into a few of you.

Pete's Draggin' and Eric! like this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I’ve had dreams about some of you but it’s like we knew each other and not like I thought of HF in the dream if that makes sense.

In one dream, we were on line getting on a ride at a theme park. Lol And it was about to rain.

KL71, Aerianne and Eric! like this.
  5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I used to when I was younger, I'm glad I don't anymore. That's dangerous.

6. Eric!

I know a few members I would do that to, while fully concious

Aerianne likes this.
  7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I had three strange sleep disturbances the other night. Kept jolting awake, in a state of shock, gasping for air. I felt I could die. I had to fight to breathe. I've had a variety of sleep disturbances over the years.

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've had that. I don't like it at all. I was having a dream or something then I dreamed I was laying in bed and suddenly someone grabbed my ankles and pulled me down off the end of the bed. That's when I woke up taking a hard breath in. It freaked me out. I had to resist the urge to check my apartment for scary goons.

9. Eric!

Get a sleep study- could be obstructive sleep apnea. It can kill you in your sleep the way you just talked about.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Thanks but in this case I think the experience was a one off. I'd rather take my chances with the forces of nature than have to go all through that and get a bloody diagnosis. But thanks again.

11. Eric!

Just lookin out. Sometimes these things come as a sign that often gets ignored or overlooked. I'm alive today only because my wife saw me do the same exact things, and witness me stop breathing in my sleep. But I understand.

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's not technically the sleep apnea that kills you though.. You don't suffocate. It's the health issues that are caused by it.

What did you do about it, Eric?

13. Eric!

I went for a sleep study, long overdue because my sleep was jacked since 2005. 2-3 hrs of sleep a night for 9 years. Got diagnosed with sleep apnea, now I sleep better because they gave me a CPAP machine.

beachbum86 likes this.
  14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Ah. Thanks.

15. Eric!

Ged's issue could be simply bad dreams combined with nerves and stress. I've experienced that before as well.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there was this little cute furry creature, only slightly bigger then your hand, it was white and fluffy and obviously alien, it had little tiny hands that it was holding on to the first finger of the hand that was holding it.
    it had a broad flat tail, but did not appear to have hind legs. but the person's other hand, of the person who was holding it, was under its tail, and appeared to be wiping its ass with one finger, and i asked why are you doing that, but then i was awakened by some noise or something, so i never did get to hear her answer.

17. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This morning I woke from a really big dream about my mother showing everyone how much she truly hated me.

IRL, she never acted like she hated me but I suspected some dark true feelings.

18. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

If you're still interested in weird dreams, I keep having the same ones. I dream because of some technicality, my whole 8th grade class has to reconvene. (Btw I graduated 8th grade in 1982.) It would be interesting to see the paths their lives have taken if such a thing really happened. I also sometimes dream I am taking a college class but I can't understand it or am not showing up for classes. Now I do sometimes think of taking a class. So in that way I really am truant you could say. Also I often dream of my grandmother's house. She died in 1971, and I haven't been to her house since c. 1976 when we sold it. I recently dreamed we were living in it, and the house was much bigger than I recalled. We were thinking of moving there. But my mother said it had too many memories. That's all I can think of for now.

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Just woke up from a couple of doozeys.

First there was some Hip Forums real world meet up. It was weird, it was cold out, and gloomy. All of us where in this dirty little kitchen of some dilpitated house. Children were playing outside in the weeds and scrubrush, my nephew among them, but then I couldn't find him. Some of you helped me search for him.

Then I dreamt I was in Orange is the New Black. Like, I wasn't an actress on a TV show, I was one of the prisoners. It was like I was still me, but I was in the fictional world of the show. A bunch of new prisoners transferred in and they reminded me of my wife, and I got real sad and just wanted to go home.

It was a bizarre night.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

interesting I have prison escape dreams all the time. probably because I want to break a few friends out. took a bullet in the neck during one dream, kinda weird because I have access to the prison as I once was an employee of the DOC but shit scripts get flipped but I seem to come and go as I please.