Tell me about your weird dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that is almost a close parallel to a book called "night of delusions" by keith laumer! (i've also read other stories with similar situations)

well that may be a strange thing, but i've never felt as trapped in my dreams as i have at times in real life. one thing, its drawn from your own mind, whether or not its you own mind alone that's doing it. so you always have a certain amount of power, just like everything else in them, often no more nor less, and everything else in them has the same. as in life, there are no 'npc's. only sometimes uninvolved passer's by.

well its not nice to kick people. maybe that's what you were trapped by. dogs of course will do what they will.

i was in a dream shaping contest in one of my dreams once, with something that i was too frozen to do anything logical about. perhaps the suggestion to be immobile had been planted when i was being distracted by something else.

2. Flashdown

Flashdown Members

I have been able to but you have to constantly think about what you want to dream about before falling asleep. It does not always work and I'm not sure why. I have also been able to go back to sleep after waking up and continue with the same dream I just had. But I have never been able to continue with a dream that has to do with anything sexual, which is depressing :laughing:

Irminsul likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, it's the sex dreams I usually can't fall into lol. Busted.

Flashdown likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"thinking hard" is the very thing that prevents doing so. it takes letting go of the conscious mind, and then kind of influencing the subconscious like you would steer a ship subject to wind and current.
    you can go the kinds of places you would like to in your dreams, you just can't get there by trying to force anything. it just don't work that way. at least it doesn't for me.
    but you can choose where to look for example, and need only wonder what the view is from that direction to find yourself teleported there. sometimes. sometimes without intending to.
    there's just no all the time about any of it. sometimes you can get on a bus or a train like you would in waking life. a lot depends on your own internal way of looking at things.

there are things you can do. you can imagine a focus. but you don't try to force it. you just let everything else go. your hand. a blank coin. maybe a leaf. anything you can visualise strongly without effort.
    but without effort is the key. anything you try to force, that is the very thing your subconscious will shy away from. gotta use a kind of reverse phychology on it. just like in real life.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Flashdown

Flashdown Members

Not sure if anybody else can do this with their dreams? I went through a period of having shit dreams, like being stuck in a drum that is getting smaller and smaller and there is a hole as big as my head that I have to squeeze through. Eventually I got it right that when I have a shit dream then I will tell myself " you know this is not real, wake up" and then I would. Now if I have a dream I don't like I wake myself up

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...Yep.....I Do The Same..... :D

Cheers Glen.

Flashdown likes this.
  7. deranman

deranman Members

LOOL i hate trying to squeeze though tight gaps, usally happen when at park or hole or slide

I agree! if you want things, you can't just think about it ro force it, you have to do things symbolicy in your dreams, let say you wanted a light saber but nothing happens

but this time you get a mouse pretend its a light saber and click a button and it work see? ah?

you can trick you dream into getting what you want. sometimes if you know how, its kinda like cheat codes or glitches

themnax likes this.
  8. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I had a dream last night that I fail miserably at my next job and in the dream, I wake up and realize it was just a dream. My job ends up being epic.

So, dreaming that I’m dreaming. Wtf?
    o_O

Pete's Draggin' and McFuddy like this.
  9. The night before last I was having a nightmare. I'm pretty sure it was a succubus/sleep paralysis thing, only they didn't get me. I just sensed this presence. So in the dream I saw it as an old woman, and I saw her forcing kids heads into their dinner plates. So I kicked her out the door. But the presence kept haunting me. So I was dancing in the dream and saying "I'm not afraid" but then I semi-woke up, woke up in the dream, and I caught a glimpse of the presence in my face over my covers. I couldn't breathe for a second. Caught a glimpse of a woman, and she was in my face repeating the words "I'm not afraid" like she was trying to be my conscience. But she obviously didn't want to be seen. As soon as she saw I woke up in the dream she took her leave. Then I really did wake up.

And last night I had the craziest most wonderful dreams. I recommend everyone go to Michael Sealey on youtube and do sleep hypnosis as you're falling asleep. It was recommended to me and it really does work. I can't exactly remember the dreams, but I know I was being filled with "holistic abundance" or whatever. I could feel it and I feel super today.

Deidre likes this.
  10. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Thanks for the sleep tip :)

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i remembered my dream for the first time in months last night. I dreamed I woke up and went outside and like 10 neighbors were just chillin on my porch having a cook out uninvited, and there were like 20 neighborhood kids running through my yard, and then a moving truck pulled up and someone started unpacking all their stuff and I had to tell the movers that no one was moving into my house. lol.
    whatever that means.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i keep dreaming about grouse hunting

makes sense though..it one of my favourite things to do lately

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Most recent was stepping into a tiny bathroom and 3 girls are taking up all the toilets they said there is another in front of this one. It had shit all over the seat, looked like it was never flushed and just overall dirty on top of that.

14. deranman

deranman Members

dude I had dreams like that, HEAPS, one about flooding the toilet and sink, and its like deep as the sea. 2 I had to move the poop/sludge out like im mario the plumber, there was also rubbish n broken things stuffed down there/. I wonder who the idiots were that made a mess of everything. I know its yuck but somone has to clean it. some one has to do it. you can also get alien diseases and virus that are not natural in the dreams also rotting and insect devouring your skin and poping out of it with barb bits

I got so much to say so little time

pensfan13 likes this.
  15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I hate when I have the same dream about a place several times then all of a sudden the next time I dream about that place the bathroom is moved.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sounds like you were very close to achieving lucid dreaming.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

dreams are an unconscious reflection of your true mind

and i must say some of these posts indicate that you are pretty fucked in the head

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  18. Flashdown

Flashdown Members

With all the things that people go through in life, I think it makes everyone a little fucked in the head

themnax and McFuddy like this.
  19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Last night I dreamt a Hip Forums member gave me a ride.

It was really strange.

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... That would be really strange.

Ged likes this.