Tell me about your weird dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sure, overcompensation exists to make up for long standing inequalities, but give it a little bit of thought instead of fascist hype.
    if it weren't for bigotry in the first place, none of that would ever have been necessary.
    this is mostly obvious to anyone who hasn't been conned into expecting to gain advantage by perpetuating conditions and situations that are messed up to begin with.

not even the whole human species, or even the whole of life on earth, are the center of the universe, let alone any one demographic,
    let alone one that has had an unfair and unearned privilege for so long it has completely forgotten that it is one.

all of which has precisely what to do, with any actual dreams?

if anything is bullocs, it is doctrins of superiority, exceptionalism and discovery.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

had a good one recently. i was in bhutan. i was, with an ambassador to there, not sure in what capacity. but the king's son was someone i may have had online contact with at some point in the past. at any rate he was playing video games with some of his friends and i was sort of shunted off with them while the ambassador and the king had their formal business in the formal place of doing so. now the details in my dream probably have nothing to do with how anything is done there, but at any rate the king passed and there was this ritual, and i was there and witnessed the details. was with the king's son when he was called upon to perform them. the old king was not considered dead until his spirit was called upon three times, (by his son and hier appearent, in the presence of the oficiating priest) and refused to answer. then power was transfered in traditional forma atire. peacefully. the calling on the spirit was not publicly broadcast, though it was witnessed by his cabinet, several ambassadors and their staff such as me, and when that ritual process was completed, then the actual transfer of power, in formal traditional ritual garb, that part was publicly broadcast on kingdom wide television. the ambassadorial staffs were not a direct part of the ritual, only official witnesses to it.

far as i know, nothing like that has happened there recently, but it was a totally vivid emersed experience as if i was inside of the head of this person who was there throughout while it was happening.
    it certainly did raise my curiousity when i woke up, and if anyone knows anything about current up to date news from there, well i'm really curious to hear about it.
    i've tried searching, and haven't been able to connect to any of the websites that might be able to tell me anything.

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Really weird but quick dream last night.

The president of UFC, Dana White and myself......robbed at bully point, Hip Forums member StellarCoon.

We took a couple bucks from his wallet. StellarCoon was not harmed in anyway.

Dana and I walked away smiling to George Webb's

Woke up.....

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Had a dream not too long ago that @Pete's Draggin' was offered a job by Yale (I think it was, more specifically, some Yale-affiliated institution, but I can't remember the name now). Pete hadn't even applied for the job.

In any case, he turned them down. I think it was because he didn't want to live in Connecticut.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Same recurrent dreams for years; I get to a casualty; they're in a bad way, but I'm very good at my job; "I got this". But I don't. I'm slow, bumbling, indecisive, falling further behind as my patient goes deeper into shock. They die, not of non-survivable wounds, but my own shocking incompetence. Dream's so realistic it's not only in Technicolor, I can actually smell it.

Another recurrent dream; getting hunted down and killed.

I hate dreams.

6. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

In many of my dreams lately, I'm running late to appointments, meetings, lunches with friends. I'm panicking, nervous...and then I arrive to wherever I'm supposed to be, and no one acts like I'm late at all. They're welcoming, and I'm apologizing, but they're looking at me like I'm fine. Is my timing somehow off, or am I running late and no one cares? Either way, it's a weird set of dreams. :pensive:

7. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

looks like an out of body experience, maybe sleep paralysis ?

8. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I’m not a dream analysis expert but I’ve read some interpretations and it could be that you’re trying to resolve something in your life and the dream depicts you looking at it objectively? My best guess.

djinx likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think i've ever dreampt in third person where i could see myself like that. always first person. bodyless or as good as lots of times though.
    levitating and floating and lots of teleporting, but not with that kind of sense of leaving anything behind, just instead sometimes no sense of having or needing a physical form to see.

my feeling about analyzing dreams, i mean everyone is welcome to their own perspective of course, but for me, a cigar really is a cigar, in the sense of that fraudian quote.
    not for analyzing but experiencing, enjoying, sometimes figuring out how to do things, but not this everything has to be symbol for something else, even if sometimes that's there too.

djinx likes this.
  10. lovin2017

lovin2017 Members

The last weird dream I had
    was my ex husband (who is dead) knew he was going to die so he stuck a big butt plug up his bum so he didn’t shit himself when he was dead…..

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all of my dreams are weird in the sense that they take place in worlds where the dominant culture doesn't hate logic, and aggressiveness is prevented from ever dominating them.
    weird in a very good way, which i love and find relaxing. a complete escape from the anxieties of waking life, yet totally real and no lack of detail,
    every mechanical aspect fully functional. just not almost not ever about people and often with none in them, or sometimes many, but all of them not anyone i know, even in them.

mostly, besides landscapes, what i second most notice in them is public transportation infrastructure. seeing it, watching it, riding it, going to or from very specific places in the in dream geography on them. computers and libraries both exist and are fully functional in them.

people when they're there, are just almost not ever the focus of them.
    there is nothing that is not ever of course, but some things, are so seldom as to might as well not be.
    things or events that cause anxiety are among the almost not ever.

i think the main thing for me is not being limited to having human form, or even any physical form at all.

the worlds they take place in seem perfectly natural and complete, but myself not having to posses physical form to experience and explore them.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Sagewynd and jagerhans like this.
  12. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I had a dream as soon as I went asleep I woke up
    as I stood blinking my eye open and shut
    I was like up and down on a see saw
    in the middle of day

~wyldwynd

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i met a very affectionate kind of a mini-hippopotamos, not an earth hippo, but this was a very friendly pet of an e.t. friend.
    head butt like a cat, but not cat shape at all, very alien, "hippo" is only aproximation, anyway very friendly in dream. was about the size of a small domestic cat, which is why i mention for size reference. so if you can imagine, some very warm creature about that size, but closest i can aproximate the shape with something a human might recognize would be like a tiny hippo.
    also very clean like a cat, but with a leathery skin instead of fur.
    also something like a purr but not exactly. anyway, there were a lot of other things in the dream, like any day in life,
    just the one thing about i'm able to remember clearly was that odd friendly little creature.

i was working for some sort of galactic n.g.o. i don't remember exactly what its function was, but very probably something to do with environments and science.

here's something like a scene from that dream: and the little guy wants to say hi too by themnax

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

last night there was this rez that had an experimental program they called two trade, or something like that, where someone without enough provable blood,
    if the could adopt well enough into the culture, their particular culture, that particular rez, and adopt one or more of its crafts, which generated a portion of its income,
    could live there, more or less as if you were blood. i don't remember how i got hooked up with several of the people who lived there, but apparently a lot of them liked me,
    once i was there, even dispite some of my perspectives not entirely aligning with theirs. but i think some, maybe most, of the more important ones, mutually, did.

it wasn't the place in oregon, where i did stay for a while in the late 70s, but always in my dreams, a composite of many places. and the craft thing i was doing,
    had something to do with deep carving wooden dishes, which was something i did in the s.c.a. in the 80s. like and not like, of course.

oh but there was so much more, as also there always is, i think the span of a couple of weeks was covered.

and i'm starting to remember a bit about how i got there that may have been a separate dream and only the sequence of them that connects them in my mind.

15. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

The last dream that I had ended up forming into Sleep Paralysis, and that was extremely freaky. I couldn't move, talk or even breathe. Felt as if someone was on top of me and trying to suffocate me and take all the air out of me. As I fully awakened, I was able to move again, and my heart was racing. The dream or I should say nightmare was insane, this invisible entity kept slamming my body up against the walls and I was screaming. It's the most intense thing that's ever happened to me. I never had a nightmare this intense before. I have no idea what it was, but it freaked me out and it hasn't happened since then.

jagerhans and scratcho like this.
  16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Damn Lotus---that's intense!!

17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Woha. That's beyond all records. I had some bad times with SP but not so intense. Didn't even find accounts similar to this among others having SP so far

18. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

I dreamt of a bunch of eerie irons.....yes irons!......coming after me
    They had little legs and arms and the electric cord was the tail and were running after me in a wild craze. This dream haunted me for years from age 10 to age 45.....them no more.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member