tell me a story

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Midnight_Toker420, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Midnight_Toker420

Midnight_Toker420 Member

if you care to. it can be about anything, just so long as it's true. love, drugs, fighting back, i don't care. whatever your favorite memory is.
    i promise i will read all of it, no matter how short or long.

2. *Heather*

*Heather* Member

only been 17, my story is of a recent generation. i do scouts, which of course involves camping, which is wonderful, i love it and have grown up doing it.

my favourite memory happened on camp, it is so precious to me, and noting can re-create it, but im glad i was there.

out in the newns state forrest near teh blue mountains a bunch of about 700 venturers (15-18 yr olds, older version of scouts) are dumped off by buses to spent the weekend living out of only what they have in their pack for 3 days or so. it is cold, usually rains, we have to put in the bearrings on our maps and read it to find camping grounds etc. an event called dragon skin, though i tihnk of it as magic.

it was the last night, and we were in teh "disco" tent which more just played music for us, not much of a disco. it was always packed, with metal heads skanking and all kinda of people. bohemien rhapsody came on by Queen, a classic known by all true venturers.

"is this the real life, is this just fantasy, caught in a land slide, no escape from reality, open your eyes, look up to the skies and seee"

there would have easily been over 100 of us, all suddenly making a large cirlce around the walls of this tent, all with our arms around each other, swaying, singing along, feeling hte music, experiencing it together.

"mamma, just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now his dead, mamma, life had just begun, but now ive gone and thrown it all away"

ive never felt anything like it, ive never felt music like that, ive never been so happy. tears stream down cheeks as some live through teh song. still swayying in time, still singing.

the music gets faster

"i see a little sillhouette of a man, scaramouch scaramouch will you the van dango, thunderbolts and lightening! very very frightening!"

we sing louder, faster, grip at material that clings to the back of the people around you

"ghallelayo, ghallelayo...."

this song i just cant describe to you, if you dont know it, you have to listen to it, we all sang to the high notes and the low notes, jumping, thrashing our heads in beat all together now screaming teh words.

"easy come easy go, will you let me go BISMILAR NO WE WILL NOT LET YOU GO!! let him go BISMILLAR WE WILL NOT LET YOU GO...let me go WILL NOT LET YOU GO let him go.."

the passion, we could have done anything if we wanted, it was amazing.

now towards teh end, teh guitar solo, ohh teh solo, it was good enough to cause us to all orgasim! we all felt it, we were all moved. a metal head jumped out into teh middle and slides down on his knees, an air guitar performance like no other, we all saw how he felt the music, we all felt it with him. really was incredible.

thankyou for letting me share my story with you.
    may oyu tell me a stroy, or favourite memory?

3. Waking Rain

Waking Rain Member

You story gave me chills heather. I know that must have been amazing.

4. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

that indeed is a beautiful memory and you definately know how to bring it/ great read!!

5. *Heather*

*Heather* Member

thankyou :)

6. Pwn Biscut

Pwn Biscut Member

I'm only 15, but here's a magical one for me.

My dad, whom I live with, has a roommate who's really into a lot of the same music as I am, but's really into hard drugs. He's a hell of a lot of fun, partially because he's ACTUALLY crazy.

He used to be a huge Clutch fan, and I got him his favorite song they wrote (dial up sucks), and he went nutts. We were drunk, we were stoned, we were happy. For the rest of the night we listened to Modest Mouse, and our two vocal styles collided and combined. It was nice to heal someone of a different kind fuse with me.

There ya go, happiest memory that took place while I've been a hippie.

7. twang

twang on the run

alright gather round gather round the fire. here was the story of last night. like THE story. So me and 2 other kids are tripping acid sittin in a car in the driveway smoking a bowl listening to the beatles. when the bowl was cached the owner of it just set it in his lap. and when we were done listening to the beatles we got out of the car and the pipe went straight to the concrete off his lap. the fucking sound of the broken glass echoed across the lake we were next to. echoed into my brain as the most traumatic sound I could hear at the moment. The pipe owner was just in awe. The first thing he finally said were memories that he had with the pipe. It was 3 am. completely dark outside and he says we gotta find the broken pieces to his pipe becuase he loved it so much and just wanted to keep them. So there we are. 3 am trippin hard in the pitch black on the side of the road looking for bits and pieces of glass in the gravel. let that soak in. After about 5 minutes of that one of my friends came outside the house we were parked in front of and told us what we were doing. Analyzing fucking gravel on the side of the street with cell phone light. Thats what we were fucking doing. So anyways, during this time spent in the car I left my acid in there and forgot. Later on after when we were inside the house laughing at nothing I realized that my acid was missing and I was like fuck guys I need to find that acid. and the pipe owner says "twang helped me find the broken peices to my pipe i guess the least i can do is help him find his acid" and after he said that we all had a 15 minute freak out laughing session. just hysterical laughing couldnt breathe for 15 straight up minutes. It was the funniest thing i've heard. *blows out fire* I hope someone else finds this at least a little bit as entertaining as i do.

8. Reid_man

Reid_man Member

i went to a beatles tribute concert, and towards the end they sang give peace a chance. everyone stood up and stomped, clapped. and sang along. all raising our peace signs. Everyone in that room could feel the music, the best high i have ever experienced.

9. Matt12354

Matt12354 Member

Twang that was actually pretty funny

10. MarieFlowerPower

MarieFlowerPower Member

okay, i'm gonna try to tell this little funny story, but i'm not that good in writing english so I just try my best.
    I were in new york on a short holliday for meeting some friends and to have an job interview. I was 17 years old and kind of nervous to be in a city that large all alone for the first time.
    Since I am a huge Beatles and john lennon fan I went to Strawberry fields in Central Park to wisit the memorial (Imagine). When i was sitting on one of the bech a young hippy man came over to me, kneeld down and hold up a banana. He said something like this "God, you are so beatiful! Would you take this banana as a memory from me". i didnt new what to say but i smiled back...I just love peoples thats not afraid to do spontanious things like that..I from Norway, and you dont experience things like that often here. Everyone is so bussy and cold.
    Hope you all understand what I wrote:) Peace and Love (Fred og kjærlighet)

11. granny_longhair

granny_longhair Member

I have lots of wonderful memories, and some very sad ones, too. I was at the last Beatles concert at Candlestick Park in 1966. The sound system wasn't very good in that big old sports stadium, but nobody cared. It was the Beatles! Two girls sitting near me fainted. And even some boys were screaming. Of course, we didn't know then that it would be their last concert. It was wonderful just to be there.

After the concert, there was a huge traffic jam going into San Francisco, but we made it into Chinatown for dinner and then to Golden Gate Park, where a bunch of us sat on blankets and made a "Beatle circle", singing Beatle songs and passing around a little smoky thing. Next morning, my boyfriend and I made love as we watched the sun coming up. I always did like the dawn of the day, and the meadow smelled so good and the birds were singing so beautifully.

We drove down the coast later that day on the way back to Santa Barbara, where I was in school. I called my parents from Big Sur, and found out that my older brother Jack had been killed in Vietnam. I loved my brother so much, and I still miss him now, 40+ years later.

In 2005, I took my granddaughter to Washington DC and we found Jack's name on "the Wall" ... the Vietnam Memorial. He was a good man, and there was his name along with 50,000 others carved in black granite for all time. We made a pressing of his name, and framed it. My granddaughter goes to school in Santa Barbara herself now, and she has the pressing of Jack's name hanging on her wall.

I sometimes wonder how many names are hanging on walls all over the country now. I hope lots of them, so that people never forget. As for me, I will never forget the Beatles, Golden Gate Park, and crying and crying over the loss of my brother.

12. OldLodgeSkins

OldLodgeSkins Member

A fine story, granny_longhair. "Preserve your memories ... they're all that's left you."

13. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

There are so many, some that still make me laugh alongside the tears...
    Like the moment I went to scream at god...I was making a long visualized trip to S.A. and was turned back many times at the Mexican border, one of the only countries I had not gotten a visa for. Finally down at Brownsville, the Mexican border guard said it so I could hear it (....course I could not go any further S. anyway) he said "O I've heard about you; do you speak Spanish (now in hindsight I could have said 5 yrs of latin 3 yrs of french...I'll make it through,,,but,,,), how much money do you have left. (surprise at how much of my little stake I still had left)....you are not ready...go make some more money , learn the language and come back"
    So I went out in the field by the border crossing about 200 yards from the road and got out my Tarot cards to try to figure what was going on ...what i was doing wrong...that i could not follow and Do what I Knew was mine to do.... Here I am with my tarot cards around me and this person comes up and say "you need a ride N. ?" Looked up and believing the Way is shown...said "um yes I guess so"
    So a couple of rides later making my way back to Houston I found myself on the side of the road looking for a place to yell and scream and vent my frustration......I see this big area away from any people energies and start walking out to the middle of it (night time)...only to find a swampy marsh....O the more to be frustrated with...And so I started to yell only to be choked with laughter....Life is soo funny
    And we try to live our dreams and sometimes realize that we also live in our dreams.... an experience is still an experience.

And I know that if I let it, memories as rich or richer are still in store for me....and maybe even the crossing over will be the biggest adventure of all.

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a long story about this somewhere---but I'll make it real short.I got a tattoo in '69 in Hawaii,that said Sally with a couple of little flowers, because I had a girl friend (obviously) by that name.(alcohol involved too).We split up when she left the islands to be in the Ashland Shakespeare festival.Years later when I returned to my hometown in Cal after 20 some years of hippie-ing around ,I ended up with a girl that I had a crush on 35 -40 years before.Yup--Her name is Sally.Still together(as much as we can be when I live here and she lives in Cal.)Going to see her Monday or Tuesday.YES! Fortuitously lucky tattooing ,I'd say.

15. Mixed-Peppers

Mixed-Peppers Member

This is a really interesting trend eventho i feel like im snooping into ppls lives:eek:

16. InkShrink

InkShrink Member

About 6 years ago, my younger sister and I were jumping on the trampoline in my parents back yard, we usually double jump each other all the time to get higher in the air, but something went wrong this time. As she came down, I timed it perfectly, jumping near her so she would get at least 12 feet in the air, but this time she jumped at an angle and literally did a front flip off the trampoline onto the ground. She was fine, it didn't phase her until she tried getting up. Her ankles twisted inward when she landed, breaking four bones at once, so clean cut that she didn't even feel pain. She started flailing her arms screaming that she was paralyzed. I hopped off and scooped her up into my arms and rushed her into the house, where she was still screaming. We went to the ER, got the x-rays and such, and she was actually happy because she would be given a temporary handicap parking thing so she could park in the front row. Haha. Looking back in hindsight, it was a funny event that actually brought us closer.

17. OldLodgeSkins

OldLodgeSkins Member

I was hitchhiking down the east coast the summer of 1967. In some little town in Georgia, I was asleep on a picnic table in a city park when two big sheriff's deputies woke me and wanted to know "what you doing heah, boy?"

After a brief conversation, in which every third word out of my mouth was "yes sir" or "no sir", they told me to go back to sleep, but that I'd probably want to be gone by morning.

I was.

18. *Heather*

*Heather* Member

last week my sister and i both turned 18 (twins) so went a holiday up the coast. ended up hiring a paddle boat and dicided that going with the current it really wasnt that hard at all. turned the boat around now paddling full pelt against the current and realise we are staying still. shit. luckily our beach up bringing taught us to never go against the current, but diagonally to it, so i faced us at the shore to the side aiming to get it beached and leg it, almost had it there but remembered all our stuff was the wharf still, but we were both laughing so hard we were getting too weak to paddle. eventually got to the wharf where my sister leans over and says "quick, ill grab the wharf, you yell for help". crawled off and lay on the wharf still laughing with aching theighs and realising the whole ordeal prob only went for about 10 mins. picked ourselves up and then had to walk home...what did we learn? never again, just never again.

19. uitar9

uitar9 Member

You guys are helping bring a few stories to the surface.

It was 68 or 69, mom and dad were out of town, my girlfriend was staying the weekend and we spent the day tripping.

We had decided to lay down in a field at the end of our street and watch what the acid did to the clouds-needless to say, warm day, clouds in the sky, good acid, life was good.

Then we start hearing what we first thought were drum beats. Slowly they became louder and stronger until staring down at us was a horse who was grazing free in the field. Down came his head , sniffing the two of us until finally he wandered away. Visions of horse heads were mixing with the clouds for what seemed like hours.

There were so many good times with so many good people